Page 198 of 536 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 198

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I tried his juice fasting for a couple of days and felt so awful, I couldn't move.
    I've been wondering what it must do to your poo? Colour and consistency? Ewwwww.....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DH particuclarly liked this mix, but I think i could do without carrot and apple, add more lemon/ginger, and perhaps stir in just a tiny bit of manuka honey (for medicinal purposes, of course!).

One of my favorites is what my friend calls a "tina sparkle" which is beetroot, apple, lemon, and ginger. It's bright pink! And zingy! But, it's high-sugar, as you can see (i mean, beetroot and apple!?). But yeah. It's tasty!

I have done 3-day juice fasts/cleanses that are fine. You do two green, two orange, and two pink. So, it's 32 oz of each 'color' and they are cucumber-kale-apple-celery-lemon (green); carrot-celery-beet-kale (orange); apple-lemon-ginger-beet (pink/tina sparkle!).

The hardest part for me is getting through that much juice. The only time I can get through that much juice is if I'm sick (i mean, it's 98 oz of juice! That's 12 cups of juice! In a day. With Nothing Else.

I suppose if you divide it into 6 meal-times, it might be do-able, but I don't know. It takes me a long time to drink juice, too -- so perhaps that's part of the equation.

Yeah. One of my friends does 30-day juice fasts. I don't know why. It's very weird to me. I see no discernable difference in her complexion, her weight, hair, etc. So, why?

Anyway. . . we are doing it to further alkylize the body and do something else for DH.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    euuwww!! i havent even gotten around to wondering what happens once it's made it thru the system as i cant get my head around actual drinking it to start with. never been big on juices at all. they kinda are reminsicent of the days when wheatgerm was a health food too and all the health foodies looked very very unhealthy indeed. the reason you prob felt so awful Ayla is you were "detoxing" lol much as i dislike coconut oil, give me a coconut oil fast or going bush with no freaking food for a few days instead of juice!!!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LMAO that is so funny seas. Actually I could do me a days or two of going bush...............
    How is the precipitation going down south ???? We are having a delightful - very wetting rain. And yes you can laugh, but some rains just don't get in IMO - but this one is .......!!!!!!
    Middle DD has just popped in to take as much camping gear as she can lay her wee hands on -
    off down south to do the rodeo circuit. I don't think that she is riding as the horse that she has just broken in needs to spend time around heaps of noise and activity.
    Anyway we have sorted the lucern hay, molasis, water bucket, picnic gear, cooking utensils, cast iron cooking grill, chairs, umbrellas, outdoor shower, frozen lamb chops, salt and pepper (those wee tupperware freebees are great !!!!!!!) etc...etc...etc....
    In return I get baby boy for the week, who may I add has found some used oil and is now a BLACK baby boy !!!!!!!
    Anyway I am hoping that Seas - and magic merl you will both be available to deal with any kilmog/overheating/life consequences that may arise on said roadie south !!!!
    Thanking you both in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

yes G send her my way or i will come rescue her. my middle dd may just take the horse and leave your dd behind LOL but i will do my best to not let that one happen. last thing i need is another horse and gwamma after my ass.

it's really raining hard here. rivers running thru the backyard. huge drips coming thru a different part of my ceiling to normal coz of the wind direction. very exciting.

thanx Seas - I am sure she will be fine - however ..................... I shall keep you posted

now big tricky question........
    Baby boy was dropped off last night. While at home on the dairy farm he found some waste oil. he is covered in it. He really is now a BLACK baby boy. This part I'm not so concerned about. He has also ingested heaps of the stuff, if his poooooos are anything to go by. He is deficating black oily poos that seem to be straight oil. I think his urine is also black, but it is a slick on the grass.
    So I am thinking that he needs to pass this oil as quickly as possible. I have given him crackers, bread and lucern hay. he is also on fresh grass. I am thinking that maybe I should try and drench him with olive oil, and give him prunes as well to try and purge this stuff out??? thoughts ??????

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    is baby boy a horse G?

Hi Ayla - no hes a wee goat. I am thinking that prunes might rip his wee insides appart - not sure ????

...small steps....

i wouldnt give a goat prunes, it's a rumminant or sorta i think. givng them something else unnatural poss wont help. just give him lots of water and let him do his thing. unless he's looking sick then i dont know?

freezing arctic cold here. sitting in front of the fire. i've been for a walk around the block at top speed. i even ran some of it to warm up.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh a goat. I dunno hey, it doesn't sound good. How much do you think he ate? Do you have a good vet you can ask?
    Oil must be pretty toxic to them.