I made juice! I'm so ridiculously proud of myself. Here's the ingredients:
4 stalks celery
3 stalks/leaves silverbeet
small handful of italian parsley
1 small apple
1 med lemon
1 inch ginger
It's *a lot* of juice. . .at least one cup each! And I used hardly any veg! And, the machine cleaned up easily, too. So, that's all cool. It tastes good -- not too sweet. I could go for more lemon in it, though, so I might add more lemon next time and hold out the apple!
Today is swimming day. I love swimming day. DS and I will have some fun. DH is going to the gym (as he always does), and he loves his gym days. He's practically obsessed with his gym days! Our food is packed, everyone is dressed, and we are basically ready to go.
I'm so in love with this cottage. It's slightly smaller than our current place, and would fit on this lot nicely, so that's how I have been day-dreaming about it. But, some changes!
1. make the steps side-steps onto the porch (to suit the lot);
2. change the kitchen-L to go along the side and bedroom wall;
3. make the two front windows the same size, and put built ins beneath them (window seats) -- kitchen side with cubbies/draws for shoes and bags and then the other side with book cases for our family books, records (records kept in a fireproof box in a basket as they are now)
4. make the front door and outward-opening dutch door;
5. move the bedroom windows to the back and make them french doors (opening outward to the back courtyard);
6. add tubular skylights to the bedroom and bath;
7. cooking, hot water infiniti, and gas fireplace!
I think it would be pretty awesome. And maybe a porch swing or hammock out front!