Page 196 of 535 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 196

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LMAO G yerba mate!!!! they are still whispering so i reckon it will prob be midnight before i get to go out. so i wont bother as it is too late. this is also why i havent had a cig for so long. zero opportunity!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LOL LL!! at least the old girl still has some get up and go! or was it accidental?

when are you due to leave LL?
    It was accidental although the neighbour tells me they've been waiting for her to do it for some time now, they knew exactly what had happened as soon as they heard the crash.

No date to go yet, just working through the paperwork. Hoping they'll give us a firm date once we get the visa's OK'd. I had a dream the other night that they gave us one month and I totally freaked out! Hoping it'll be a bit more generous than that.

we have a few accidents waiting to happen driving around here additional to the tourists. i try to avoid them as best i can when i see them coming. a month would be freaky. but i guess once you have the visa, they will prob want you there asap.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    A one month visa or one month to move?

It'll come around right. It usually does. I have to say that NZ immigration has been pretty good, even if it is a bit awkward at times. lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yeehaa - exciting times in Gwammas neck of the woods............
    Baby boy is coming for a visit !!!!!
    sadly he will need to be tied up the whole time, last time he ring barked two trees............... that did not go down well with GG.

anyhoo - Gwamma is really excited. I actually need to get a retractable lead, so we can go walkees

exciting times............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i am pretty excited too here as it is raining woohooo!!!!!!!! and i got to go walkees on my own. feeling a million zillion times more chilled already.

I am so pleased its raining down there. Could you send some our way ????
    I have been shifting sprinklers twice a day for weeks now, such a pain - however in canterbury we are only ever two weeks from a drought - at this time of the year. Those nor'westers totally dry everything out.
    Pleased that you are chilled Seas. If I was anymore laid back I would be horizontal !!!! LOVL !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Raining here too, my garden is very grateful but I'm wanting the sunshine back now please (sending our rain vibes your way Gwamma!).

Zoe - I dreamt that they gave us 1 months notice to move, we have applied for a two year married accompanied working visa. Apparently thats as long as they'll give out, then you can reapply at the end of that two year period but you will only get 4 years max. The biggest struggle we are having is that the local Bruneian authorities don't speak english as their first language so most of the time the forms and emails are difficult to understand. DH has to give 2 months notice on his current job and the new lot know this so realistically we'll get that long as soon as our visa is approved.

Sold the portacot on TM last night too so thats another thing less to drag to Brunei with us and $70 in my wallet thankyou very much. Feels a bit sad to be parting with all these things now that we don't have babies in the house but no point hanging onto it all.

well done on the TradeMe sales LL.
    I am sure there will be some things that you won't need to take with you, but you won't want to throw them either.
    Do you have anywhere that you can store stuff for your return ????

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We get an enourmous shipping container for our stuff to take with us and one again when we come home. I'm sceptical but DH assures me that there is no way we'll be able to fill up the entire thing with our household effects. We have a classic car that we'll store somewhere here though, and I'm thinking about a couple of things that we'll stash at his parent's place -the kids cot quilts and a special baby outfit each for when they have their own, oh and I'm not sure I want to drag my grandmother's crystal to Brunei and risk it getting squished. But pretty much everything else will either be sold or we'll take it with us. I don't want to have too much in storage as I kind of think that if I don't have a use for it then why hang onto it. DH is already being a pain about getting rid of things though, for example our old gas portable heater. Like seriously we use this thing maybe 7 or 8 times a year (we normally use our wood fire for heating) and we are not likely to need it ever in Brunei, but he wants to take it with us? Maybe I'll just list it on TM anyway.