Page 195 of 535 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 195

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    G you so are not boring! i kinda realised how much my tastes have changed today. i was making some of that paleo sriracha off nom nom paleo Paleo Sriracha | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo i used a few hot chillies and a red capsicum and did a half recipe. when i got to putting the fish sauce in, i smelled it and it smelt really yummy, so i drunk some and it tasted nice!!! lmao out the bottle. so yeah. practise and maybe eating some raw kina every now and then

i have been swimming. the ocean was so warm it was primordial even. i only had my bikini on it was that hot still so i just swum around. did my best not to stalk a shag which was chilling out on the other side of the channel lol they only taste good before they fledge but i could have wrestled the flounder it was chowing down on off it. i am, as it so happens, feeling alot less aggro. still a bit wired but nowhere near as close to the edge. so we shall see what this coming week brings. i've been still carnivoring. i have no clue how to eat all the fat we're sposed to tho. that bit is eluding me as i need real food.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    On of the things that I've been working on in my life is understanding and stepping out of -- as well as not creating -- manipulation, relationship triangles. So foremost, I need to call attention to that.

Now, onto your statement. You assert that I misinterpreted it and didn't take it as you intended. So, we'll start there.

As you quoted yourself. . .

”IMO when a child gets to about 6 months of age, to continue to grow at an optimal level, you must introduce solid foods, and this must form a major part of their diet. I am led to believe that up until about 6 months of age breast milk has all the goodies to sustain and nurture said babe, however beyond this point we need to introduce the nutrients that a child needs to survive optimally.”
    This statement requires no difficult or extreme-reach inferences to come to my simple statement/conclusion.

Your statement very clearly implies that breast milk cannot provide adequate nutrition (loses nutritional quality) for infants after 6 months of age. The next statement then says that their health absolutely requires solid food after this time for optimal growth.

And notice your verbs: must, must, and need. It's a very a strong, prescriptive statement of what must, must, and needs to happen for optimal growth.

And you might also notice the age that you asserted twice: about 6 months of age and up until about 6 months of age. This, again, is very clearly prescriptive in terms of timelines.

As you can see, this is not misinterpretation or falsehood on my part. If you didn't mean this statement, then it's up to you to communicate what you *intend* not for me to divine it from such a strong, prescriptive statement.

I also stand behind my assertion that this statement is "utter nonsense." I supported that strong assertion with evidence from major, mainstream medical and public health organizations as well as lesser known individuals and breastfeeding advocacy organizations.

But then, you change the "meaning" of your statement. Instead of needing food as a major source of nutrition at about 6 months of age, you now state:

I also believe that the child should be deciding when he/she eats solid food
    This is very different than that a child must be fed solid food at about 6 months because they need it to meet their nutritional needs.

however if you do not offer that child a chop, or a morsel off your plate, or a piece of apple etc....
    This has two components:

1. it doesn't have any mention of the child's nutritional needs being met by food (as your first statement does); and
    2. the whole question is largely stylistic -- different families are going to introduce solids differently.

At the end of the day, if you intended to say "breast milk should be the primary nutrition of infants up to one year, and you should offer solids when the baby demonstrates readiness," then you should have stated so.

But, the statement that you did make was patently false, and it was worth refuting *in that thread* because the topic was about a family who was introducing solids to their infant while simultaneously attempting to maintain and possibly increase breast-milk supply while pumping. It is certainly not inappropriate to refute false information that might inhibit a family's success at increasing and/or maintaining the supply that they *want* in order to continue to provide breastmilk as the primary nutrition for their child -- as every major organization suggests.

Wouldn't you agree? That it's not a personal attack, but truly refuting false information so that a family can succeed at providing breast milk for their child, as they stated was their desire?
    Last edited by zoebird; 02-02-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hehe Seas, picturing you wrestling a shag! Those are wiry old birds alright. The swim sounds lovely though. We're staying away from the beach this week apparently the blue bottles are out on force and I hate that. DS gets to swim everyday at school and we've been cooling off with a waterslide here at home, so we've not been missing out too bad, but I just love the beach in summer.

Had a busy weekend with my residents playing up. I was called at 9pm last night after one dear old thing tried to drive her car through her neighbours bedroom window. Thankfully no one was hurt, just frazzled nerves and lots of destruction. The car was towed away and I ended up clearing up the glass inside so that they could sleep in there (they insisted even though I offered them a motel). So back again today with a glazier to board it all up until we can sort insurance and the rebuild of the wall. So much for my restful weekfend.

On the plus side I've sold some more nappies on TM today, so my clear out is slowly progressing.

LOL LL!! at least the old girl still has some get up and go! or was it accidental? we get common blue stinging jellyfish out in the ocean here. we saw a whole load of them floating by last time we were out fishing. they look like disembodied eye irises floating in the sea. they vary prob from about 6" - 12" dia. the other thing we find here i am sure are those little in the wind sailor jellies on the beach. exh always used to say they were bue bottles and run around screaming lol but i always thought they were too small. the little in the wind sailor jellies have sails which are real cool. i have yet to find some washed up to check once i worked out what i think they are. they are usually on the tourist beach so i havent been for a few weeks, other than in the dark on the full moon, as it gets overrun by foreigners and townies during the day. nothing better than swimming in the sea. funnily enuf the kids have always not been that good in the pool but are doing very well in the sea. my youngest can dive to the bottom in a wetsuit in 1.5m water and she worked out how to purge her snorkel all on her own. i have always maintained you need a practical application for a skill which interests you so this is working as i think we all need to swim. i also have to say, having been way out in a fishing boat in a storm, i can see why you hear about fishermen who cant swim as there is no point out there.

when are you due to leave LL?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Had a nice swim, and bought a LOT of produce today. So delicious.

If juicing works well for us, we can phase out frozen veg pretty much altogether, which is great (it's one of our goals in that it's 1. more fresh produce, and 2. creates less waste).

Also, had some time in the water today. Loved it. Looking forward tot he pool tomorrow, too.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LOL LL I think that poor old gwamma - she might need to borrow my zimmer frame ?????
    and seas wrestling a shag - that poor wee thing................

have you ever seen that naughty naughty programme totally busted ????????
    Good lord, some of the skits are truely naughty - but some are absolutely hilarious !!!! Not sure who taped them - but guess what Gwumpy Gwandad and Gorgeous Gwamma have been doing the last half hour................ no can't guess............. watching totally busted !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

and seas wrestling a shag - that poor wee thing................
    they bite you know so i would prob be the poor wee thing lol

oh sorry Seas wrestling a shag - poor wee seas !!!!!!!!

and really - what a bloody stupid thing to do - if they bite ...... hello............... does the lift go right up to the top floor ??????????

actually sorry Seas what a nasty old gwamma saying such a thing. I really do need to wash my mouth out..................... I might try red wine thou ! rather than soap ! Hope thats okay !!!
    X

...small steps....

my gwamma used to say about washing my mouth out with soap if i swore. BTDT. wine def would have tasted better. the trick or the challenge is to get the fish without being bitten. where is your sense of adventure G?! i looked btw and the bottle work sent me is white wine. a 2011 chardonnay from the wairarapa. once the whispering dies down in the kids room, i am off out for a smoke. and no i havent had one for over a week and then some. i am celebrating in advance for tomorrow lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    my gwamma used to say about washing my mouth out with soap if i swore. BTDT. wine def would have tasted better. the trick or the challenge is to get the fish without being bitten. where is your sense of adventure G?! i looked btw and the bottle work sent me is white wine. a 2011 chardonnay from the wairarapa. once the whispering dies down in the kids room, i am off out for a smoke. and no i havent had one for over a week and then some. i am celebrating in advance for tomorrow lol
    anything naughty in that ciggy Seas ????

you get them off to sleep and enjoy your celebrations.
    I shall catch you on the morrow
    G x

...small steps....