Page 190 of 532 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 190

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello again ladies

Another magnificent day in the Naki today, of course everyone is starting to complain about the heat and the dry conditions, but I for one intend to enjoy it. Even if I am hiding in my airconditioned office!

Still busy at work with redecorations and monthly newsletters and broken venetians and complaints about the grade of bark on the gardens (seriously). At least I'm not sat around reading a book just to fill in time I suppose.

School went very well for DS yesturday, they get to swim every day this term which is just fantastic as far as he's concerned. DD started morning kindy today too which was a very exciting milestone for her. She turns 4 in a week so we've got big party plans in the making although I'll try and keep it outdoorsy with only a few special friends I think. This mamma's got enough on her plate as it is.

Hopped on the scales this morning and I'm back down to my pre-Christmas weight already. I only gained a shade under 2kg after all that overeating but its nice to banish it away again, particularly with my medical looming tomorrow when they'll be recording my BMI (not that I rate BMI as a very good indicator but the visa and insurance people will).

Spose I'd better go deliver some newsletters now although I really can't be arsed, the walk will do me good.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i saw a seahorse while i was out snorkelling!!!!!!! i totally forgot the target species ( kina ) and just watched it. it was hanging out in the seaweed, with its tail curled round a bit of it holding on just chilling out. i've never seen one in the wild before. since i was underwater and had my mask on, it looked quite big as well. very cute and pretty and the same colour almost as the seaweed it was in.

way to go LL on the weighing. bark on gardens is important you know lol

not much else going on here. about 3 or 4 days to go before i can go for a walk without a bit too much assistance which i am looking forward to alot!!!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    bark on gardens is important you know lol
    You have no idea...........

Yay on finding the sea horse, maybe you need to change your name on here now? I've never seen one in the wild either, but we used to get the odd one dead and washed up on the beach in the Corromandel when I was a kid.

i have found a few washed up on the beach dead near here and seen them in places like kelly tarltons but never just hanging out in the seaweed. it was very camoflaged and i only saw it as it was sunny as so it was very well lit and i was looking for plunder. quite unreal how horse-like their faces are.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Troups,
    hope that you have all had a brilliant day.
    I have been mowing lawns for 6 hours !!!!!!
    had to take the level down a notch.....and you wouldn't believe the extra grass I got off that lot !
    Had plenty of sun too - great !!!!!!
    Anyhoo have the best night and I shall catch you all tomorrow
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

heya G! i have been having way too good a night carnivoring a bottle of bourbon. got plenty of sun today. ran around in the bikini lots and had too much fun. my lawn mower is fat and spotty lol up again tomorrow and into it all again. i am trying not to panic about the lack of rain as we are on tank water so tomorrow i will need to do a drive around to find a washing machine.

Hi Seas - howz the head this morning ???????
    I have not worn a kini since I was about 16 !!!! Not a pretty sight !!! LOL
    however if I managed to lose 20 odd kgs ...... maybe ???????
    Nah just joking !!!!!!!I still wouldn't look very good !!!!
    Yet another very cool autumny morning here today. I believe the temp is meant to get up, but not like yesterday.
    I have a washing machine Seas, however a 12 hour round trip on the bike migt not be the best idea LOL

...small steps....

the head is sore and i drunk loads of water lol still stinking hot here for the usual temp at this time of the morning. no sign of rain either. not sure what we will be up to today. 3 days to go before school is back so we need to do something exciting and i doubt a huge walk up a hill will go down well.

oh enjoy those last few days before school Seas. It is great when they go back, but I always ended up missing them and their little chatty moments ......
    Those little seahorse stories sounded sooooooo cute. I was horrified in Fiji - you could buy dried Seahorses !
    Drafting lambs today .......... all 10 of them !!!!

...small steps....

you should be getting the gun and the big knife out G if you only have 10 of them!! yeah it is out of it the things that get sold. we have a collection of dried seahorses here but we found them washed up on the beach and someone gave the kids a couple as they get pulled up in trawler nets sometimes. not so sure i will miss the chatty moments right now lol my head hurts and all i can hear is shreiking and screaming and fighting over who gets what piece of GF toast as one is apparently bigger than the other.