Page 19 of 533 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 19

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rangoon - of course. Our youngest is 17, and has recently headed over to the states for the year. She is absolutely loving it. her family are fantastic, her siblings are great, she is in the track team, lives near a wee town called Santa Claus ! and I miss her soooo much. Our middle daughter (25) and her boyfriend (30) live with us thou - and thats a wee bit like having teenagers at home !!!!!!
    hey we should hook up for a BBQ sometime, or a coffee, or a barefoot run !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nz primal gwamma View Post
    hey we should hook up for a . . . Barefoot run !
    pics please
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Sorry Jac but I am not looking that great in my vibrams !!!!LOL

...small steps....

pushme is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    giving up smoking is hard and alot of people put alot of weight on from snacking instead of smoking. i have read and i cant provide any evidence, that nicotine gets in your thirst receptors or however it was phrased. since we are nearly at summer - yay! - maybe have a jug or nice cold water and a glass nearby at all times and drink water when you feel the need. how far are you running or for how long? maybe tone it down a bit and do some weights? it is also good to keep away from the fridge so long walks are awesome lol
    Hey there! Sorry haven't read the other messages yet am just replying to yours! Had a bad bad day and dispite that I run 2km and walk 2km in the moring and run 1k and walk 1k in the afternoon! I know the best idea is to keep away from the fridge but its a mission unless I'm at work - also I have 3 1.5L bottles of water fill everyday, go me, but man it gets boring lol

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Hey there! Sorry haven't read the other messages yet am just replying to yours! Had a bad bad day and dispite that I run 2km and walk 2km in the moring and run 1k and walk 1k in the afternoon! I know the best idea is to keep away from the fridge but its a mission unless I'm at work - also I have 3 1.5L bottles of water fill everyday, go me, but man it gets boring lol
    when i was in the office, the weekend was the mission as the fridge was at home. I work from home now so it is me and the fridge unless i keep onto it or the little becomes more and more iykwim. i have accepted i have an addictive personality so i need to be doing something. the trick is to channel it appropriately. what i will offer is when i ran, prob 5k a day, i got hungry lots. i had to eat lots of cake and beer to keep me going. i did have a sort of mini addiction going as i used to stick the mp3 player on and just zen out on the treadmill. one day it dawned on me it was kinda ridiculous to eat cake and beer to give me the energy to run to keep thin lol these days i only run to prove i can still do it. i changed my exercise routine to lots of walking in interesting places and more big weights. once every few months i will bust out a 5k hill run on the treadmill and i always can. another thing which nailed it for me was i got a gnarly ankle injury and couldnt walk, other than hobble, for 10 days. i lay in bed and didnt eat hardly at all and the weight fell off. this sorta proved the fact that 80% of our body comp is nutritional and it also freed me to being able to bunk the odd 6k walk in favour of doing something different as keeping away from the fridge is equally important. the fridge thing is totally a habit. i dont snack when i am hungry; i am either bored, or stressed or tired so i try to recognise this and divert. note tho that this is all incredibly easy to say in theory as any of those mental conditions can make it impossible to be disciplined and rational. the other thing i have learnt is if you have a bad day, recognise it and dont go deeper into the hole as it doesnt matter as you have already stuffed up. onwards and upwards. note too, if i am onto it, it no longer becomes a battle, it is simply how things are and i can cruise and then life is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    when i was in the office, the weekend was the mission as the fridge was at home. I work from home now so it is me and the fridge unless i keep onto it or the little becomes more and more iykwim. i have accepted i have an addictive personality so i need to be doing something. the trick is to channel it appropriately. what i will offer is when i ran, prob 5k a day, i got hungry lots. i had to eat lots of cake and beer to keep me going. i did have a sort of mini addiction going as i used to stick the mp3 player on and just zen out on the treadmill. one day it dawned on me it was kinda ridiculous to eat cake and beer to give me the energy to run to keep thin lol these days i only run to prove i can still do it. i changed my exercise routine to lots of walking in interesting places and more big weights. once every few months i will bust out a 5k hill run on the treadmill and i always can. another thing which nailed it for me was i got a gnarly ankle injury and couldnt walk, other than hobble, for 10 days. i lay in bed and didnt eat hardly at all and the weight fell off. this sorta proved the fact that 80% of our body comp is nutritional and it also freed me to being able to bunk the odd 6k walk in favour of doing something different as keeping away from the fridge is equally important. the fridge thing is totally a habit. i dont snack when i am hungry; i am either bored, or stressed or tired so i try to recognise this and divert. note tho that this is all incredibly easy to say in theory as any of those mental conditions can make it impossible to be disciplined and rational. the other thing i have learnt is if you have a bad day, recognise it and dont go deeper into the hole as it doesnt matter as you have already stuffed up. onwards and upwards. note too, if i am onto it, it no longer becomes a battle, it is simply how things are and i can cruise and then life is sweet.
    my oh my, reading that was like reading the contents of my day when I'm not at work! I depend on the fridge, actually just standing in the kitchen seems to be my addiction also! So I am going to have to find a way to break the habit! Need to keep myself busy I think!
    Yes you are very right with all this running I'm doing I end up very hungry! But its just something I use as an activity/keep busy!
    And when you are sick or injured you seem to loose weight because you don't have need or energy to move!

So I believe that I am going to have to start to recognise whether I'm bored, tried or stress and divert it instead of resulting to the obvious!

Thank you so much for your reply again! It has opened my eyes to my own situation......something I have always ignored!

Quote Originally Posted by pushme View Post
    my oh my, reading that was like reading the contents of my day when I'm not at work! I depend on the fridge, actually just standing in the kitchen seems to be my addiction also! So I am going to have to find a way to break the habit! Need to keep myself busy I think!
    Yes you are very right with all this running I'm doing I end up very hungry! But its just something I use as an activity/keep busy!
    And when you are sick or injured you seem to loose weight because you don't have need or energy to move!

So I believe that I am going to have to start to recognise whether I'm bored, tried or stress and divert it instead of resulting to the obvious!

Thank you so much for your reply again! It has opened my eyes to my own situation......something I have always ignored!
    Ooooo it subconsciously happened again this morning! AHHHHH! Man oh man what is wrong with me?! lol Got up and because I'm stress about assignments first thing I do......head to the fridge! Amazing! Didn't even go for my run! So I thank you again, because luckily I managed to remember reading your message last night, so after having my 2 kiwifruits and a pottle of yoghurt for breaky, got my cuppa, fed the chickens and have sat my arse down and having a nosey on the net! So thank you again! I need to recognise things and divert them in positive ways!

Well done pushme for managing to divert your fridge trip !!!!!
    My habit is RED WINE !!!!!! I have so got to slow my consumption down - but am finding this difficult !
    I don't even think I am drinking enough water, but I so need to get me a diversion at night, when its just me and that wine glass !!!! Maybe AAA ?????

...small steps....

I need to recognise things and divert them in positive ways!
    you and me both. i went out and had dinner brought for me. said no thanks to the fries with my rump steak and got a green salad and the freaking steak came out slathered in tomato sauce. as in prob a good half cup of out of a bottle watties tomato sauce which was very strange. i very almost sent it back but the very nice man who brought me dinner was already a bit preturbed as i was not into have several wines out on the town lol somewhat of a cultural grand canyon going on there. so yes, i scraped the sauce off and acted natural. i felt so ungood this morning that i had a cup of green tea and went for a 6k walk. bearing in mind i dont like green tea. then hit the fridge for breakfast when i got home but that was more a routine self discipline thing as i know if i didnt eat breakfast then i could get sucked into snacking all day when the kids come home shortly. it is all very hard some days tho. i may have to write something inspirational and put it on my fridge or really go get "deve sofrer para sera bonita" tattoed on my ribs to cover my ass so to speak on off days.

My habit is RED WINE !!!!!! I have so got to slow my consumption down - but am finding this difficult !
    I don't even think I am drinking enough water, but I so need to get me a diversion at night, when its just me and that wine glass !!!!
    personally i need nefarious habits anonymous lol but on the wine subject, you could try cutting the vino 50/50 with sparkling mineral water and throwing in a slice of orange. they drink that in spain lots. that way you get some hydration as well. i would find that a doable way to drink wine in the summer.

woke up today and realised that i have made it 3 weeks without sugar. unless you count the trace remains of that tomato sauce on the steak on sat night. so no grains and no sugar for 3 whole weeks! i have also worked out i can drink green tea too. my tastes have changed enough to do it. kinda helps if it has something like lemon with it. green tea with lemon and lemon verbena is nice. a pot when i am out somewhere and then just water and i am absolutely fine. zero cal, zero carb outings even which is quite revolutionary.
    I am going to whole 30 this month i have decided. i just need to finish the bottle of cream in my fridge, the cube of parmesan and the blue cheese wedge. i am going to try to do a pesco one as apparently a) early man lived on loads of seafood and i can get it b) that dr kruse guy, who i do have reservations about, is reported to have said that the issues with VLC and thyroid arent issues if you eat seafood as very early man ate lots of seafood.