Page 188 of 533 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 188

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gwamma, you may be right. Although...

Last year at one of the parades, there was the cutest young woman (spectator) dressed like a fairy. She was with a group of about six or seven folks. Pre-parade: she's adorable. During parade: she's getting hammered, dancing suggestively. Right near the end of the parade: one of the guys in her group tossed her over his shoulder and walked away. He must have caught her just before she passed out, because she wasn't even struggling. hahaha

Aaanyway, I don't hang out with any strong college studs that could carry me home. (Maybe I should put that on my list of 52 new things to try this year?)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LM beep AO !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gwamma is quite excited cos she has learn't a new word today............moshing !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    lmao G. what is your definition of moshing? i am more excited as i got KINA!!! screw the black slugs, even if i got some of them too. but KINA. my fave. with all this talk of seals and sharks, i did see a big nasty eel slithering out of a hole at me. i told the kids that i'd seen it and they ran out the water like i do when someone yells shark LMAO it was time to go home anyways as the strap on the diving kete was giving out from all the plunder. def a good hunting activity when you are real wired. so funny coz you can hear yourself breathing thru the snorkel like they do on those horror movies when they are looking for stuff. and you get to carry the huge ass diving knife. mine is a US navy seal one that could easily double for a pig sticker and it has a serrated part on the back edge to cut yourself out of nets. it was truly beautiful out there tho. the water was warm. there was a forest of sea tulips and seaweed. i saw moki and green bone. little fish. sea slugs. the kids saw a sea horse. all sorts of sea anemones. duckbilled limpets everywhere. oysters. cockles. mussels. and the eel LOL

Oh seas - that sounds amazing !!!!!
    Moshing - its this crazy dancing... hang on I will see if I can copy the explanation from another thread.....

...small steps....

Okay here it is........ I hope that you are allowed to copy and paste stuff from other threads !!!!!

"it's a kind of dancing that is aggressive and meant to surrogate lost war-dance culture; it's like what people in crowds at metal and hardcore shows do, where they swing limbs and basically simulate physical combat against multiple opponents to a beat. You get a bit roughed up but at most shows, it is in good spirits- you can expect to catch some kicks and punches but if someone hits the ground or seems hurt then the fun stops and the murderous faces turn concerned emergency responders. Typically- there are a few assholes at every show, but how they are dealt with by the war-dance stirred atavistic tribal dance circle is always illuminating and spiritually refreshing."

so there you have it !!!!! Its not something that this old Gwamma is gonna try soon - thou !!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

the mosh pit G! where have you been all these years?! never seen it explained in that flowery language tho lol

I see that we are being invaded again !!!!! Bloody spammers
    never heard of a mosh pit Seas - sorry.
    Very sheltered ?????? ditsy ??????? or just plain old dumb !!!!!???? LOL

...small steps....

lmao G and i am the one who lives in the boonies! you are not missing much. and sometimes there are things you really dont need to ever know about. like how yummy slow roasted venison shanks are or you will cry every time you dont get any when someone shoots a deer and just carries out the back straps!!! i was very surprised. i have almost burnt out my mincer in the past on the shanks as no way was i gonna sit up all night and the next day silver skinning them. however my fave hunting recipe web site said they turned into something awesome when you slow roasted them and they reckoned we would go for them before the backstraps so i tried. very very different flavour and texture to backstraps. softer, fattier and almost gelatinous where the lines of silverskin had been but very yummy all the same. you almost wouldnt know they were venison but then that also is the slow roasting thing. and it was a wild deer not some farmed one. i reckon the same recipe would work with lamb shanks except i never eat them as some freaking celebrity chef made them popular and now they are big $s.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Gawd yes, who can afford lamb shanks at $15 for two? I've been doing a slow cooking thing with some homekill pork we have in the freezer. Whomever butchered this poor beast put portions in plastic bags with no labels, so we are left with unidentified parts that I havn't a clue what to do with! There are some lovely fatty small cuts with the odd bone in several of the bags, that I've been slow cooking in soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chilli for about an hour and a half, then I blast the oven up hot for the last 40mins to get them crispy and sticky. Yum.

First day of school today *happy dance*

Still undecided about my cholesterol check. I'm thinking I'd be unlikely to take meds if the results were bad, at my age I do not want to be taking pills everyday for something I'm not sure needs treating in the first place. It may be that the Dr insists on testing regardless and given that this is for my visa I'll have to do as she says.

Starting to do the big clear out at home in preparation for our move. I've sold some nappies on TM, which is just a drop in the bucket but its a start, so I got keen last night and listed more baby stuff and some books. I've got my eye on a few bits and pieces for the hospice shop now. Its very cleansing for the soul all this biffing.

Did I mention that it is the first day of school today?