Page 185 of 534 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 185

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Gwamma, my bf can be pretty damned annoying at times and I'm sure he would say the same about me :-)

In fact, he told me off last night for post crap on facebook that nobody else is interested in. I said he was free to unfriend (is that really a word now?..) me if he likes. Then I'd stop seeing all the "like this in 10 seconds or you don't care about anything" type of garbage his friends post :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Oh, and the vivobarefoot soles have fantastic grip even in the wet, unlike my vff's.
    I can also get away with wearing them at work.

I tried on the NB minimus, but they didn't feel wide enough and too high in the heel.
    Plus they're still pretty pricey, whereas I got my 2 pair of vivo's for $64 delivered!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    they seemed to assume that to be Paleo you had to totally be in Ketosis the entire time therefore your brain wouldn't function
    this must be my problem LOL!!!!!!!! i do hide behind the low carb brain fade on DF days.

I tried on the NB minimus, but they didn't feel wide enough and too high in the heel.
    mine are wide enough and i have wide feet. not noticed the high in the heel aspect but then i hadnt worn my vffs for ages and had been walking in my workboots so that was poss why. i definitely felt the outsides of my calves for a few days after i got them which is a sign of barefoot shoes when you start wearing them.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Well, today has been a weird but good day. DH and I are having trouble hearing each other. LOL I think we're just nto paying attention very closely. This, then, causes a fight.

I think we also need kindy to be back in. We are all getting tired of each other. LOL I'm thinking that, in the future, having DS keep a day with his friend (maybe two) during the school holidays will help us a lot. At least during this long one!

Hip workshop is 1/3 sold out. Teacher training is 1/2 full -- which is great. I have several gigs coming up. . . two new on-site (outside of our studio gigs) plus I want to expand the studio offerings in to the before-work AM.

I'm also really excited about a new opportunity for me. It has been years since I taught laughter yoga -- which was my first teaching gig. It's a long story, that. But, a teacher is letting go of a class at a senior care center here, and I thought it woudl be a great opportunity for our family. DH, DS, and I would all go and "lead" the laughter yoga class.

It's gently movements to move through the joints with laughter "chants." It's very silly, but it's a lot of fun, and children particularly enjoy it. Elders like to laugh at/with children (myself included). We're going to start with one class, and hopefully expand to many more. So, it just has to go up through management, and hopefully it'll all work out nicely.

I'm excited by the idea.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Morning ladies. You sure are energetic for first thing on a Sunday morning!

Having a really busy time here of late, so my Internet timr has been seriously interrupted. Back to work tomorrow so things will be back to their normal busy then. Lol.

Our big news is that Brunei finally came back with a decent offer. We've been going through the application process since October, so had all but given up hope, then on Tuesday there was an email from them detailing a great offer. So after much tooling and froing all week we've decided to take the position and move our wee family to Brunei. It'll still be at least 3 or 4 months away as we now have to do all of the visa application stuff, new passports (mine expired in July and DS's a year ago), give notice for current jobs, pack up our life etc..........Thankfully we get a huge shipping container to transport all of our stuff and business class tickets over there so it won't be too much of a hardship I hope. And as you know I do have minimalist leanings so the thought of sticking our entire household in one shipping container is actually appealing to me (oh the crap I will be able to get rid of!).

So that's our big news. Just hoping that it all works out now as we are still in the early stages and anything could go wrong. We are a bit worried about DH's current workplace, as three of the engineers will be leaving so they'll be really pissed off. The last time one of their employees tried to leave and work for another Shell operation the old bosses called the new lot and forced them to cancel the job offer! So we are trying to keep it quiet until contracts have been signed, but it is so worrying in the meantime.

Off to do a bit of housework now. Gotta do what I can before I go back to work.
    Exciting news LL. All the best.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Annie

Busily applying for passports just now. The kids have to have the paper applications so we're rushing around getting friends to sign photo's etc, but I tried to do mine online.........fail! GAWD! I had my photo done professionally and he email'd it through to me so I could apply online, but the flippin website won't accept my photo because it claims that the background is not plain. No sure how much plainer than white it can be to be honest? So I've been trying to contact the passports office to discuss this with them but failed to speak to an actual person on the phone, so I tried to send an online enquiry - still no response so far. I just love government departments they are so much fun to deal with.

Poor DH is trying to figure his way around the medical stuff for our visa applications and we've figured out that when dealing with a country that has english as its second language a)the forms are illogical and impossible to follow and b)they won't respond to any email questions we have about said forms. Hopefully our Dr has seen something like these before and has a vague idea what needs to be done.

Must dash, work to be done........had two cash offers on my empty villa this week!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Gwamma, my bf can be pretty damned annoying at times and I'm sure he would say the same about me :-)
    LOL Actually facebook drives me insane, and its interesting how a couple of friends are always posting stuff - drives me stupid, however I don't really know how to it. In fact DD in america thought that I was soooooooooooooo ditsy posting on someones status or something like that. I really have no idea what I did ????
    nevermind - send BF to me and I will chain him to a post and feed him bread and water for a few days. That will pull him into line...................... oh hang on wait - its you that I need to pull into line LOLOL !!!!!!!
    Gwamma gets hwerself so confused these days !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

laughter yoga
    I'm excited by the idea.
    This sounds very funny. I would like to be a fly on the wall !!!!!

Well the place is looking very spick and span for the Lions BBQ tomorrow evening. Just the BBQ house to clean and the house to vacuum, wash, bathrooms etc.....
    So hopefully if I get heaps done today I can cruise tomorrow !!!!
    we shall see.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

morning all.......another very autumny morning this am. Its great to be able to sleep at night with the cool, however its tooooooooo early for autumn temps ?????
    Our weather pattern often follows the UK, so I wonder what their autumn was like ????
    anyhoo, still a wee bit to do before tonights Lions BBQ. I think we have about 60 coming, so thats quite achievable. DH out shifting the sprinklers now, so I might get him on the end of the vacuum cleaner ????? however in the meantime pigs might fly.......
    he isn't ging to golf today, long story..... he had two new half knees two years ago, and last saturday at golf he tweaked one. Not good...hes been limping all week....so NO GOLF TODAY !....... hes gonna be like an old gwumpy gwandad bear with a sore head !!!!!!!!
    wish me luck !!!! LOL

...small steps....

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Oh, and the vivobarefoot soles have fantastic grip even in the wet, unlike my vff's.
    I can also get away with wearing them at work.

Plus they're still pretty pricey, whereas I got my 2 pair of vivo's for $64 delivered!
    I love the vivobarefoot shoes I'm waiting on a new pair to arrive in the post

fantastic Cordof - how is everything with you ????

...small steps....