Page 184 of 535 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 184

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Seas, looks like they had most of the range shown on the vivobarefoot site, though I don't know what sizes where available.
    VIVOBAREFOOT | The original barefoot shoe | Barefoot Running Shoes | Ladies
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    VIVOBAREFOOT | Off Road Hi Ladies | Black these look rather useful. backup for the assault boots. maybe i will peek tomorrow LOL

I had a look Misabi and they dont have the offroad hi ladies on sale. they have kids ones up to 39 which do sometimes fit me, but they are brown so not worth the risk. cannot do with not being colour co-ordinated with my eyeliner in the bush LOL anyways, have you tried any of these? do you know what the soles are like?

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed - tell me more about your carnivory? Have you eaten any vege during the last 14 days? What benefits have you seen so far? Just curious....

Just reading my latest copy of Healthy Food Guide (get a free subscription at work), mostly its all just annoying advice but there is quite a good article on why low fat foods aren't good for you, this month. Processed, low fat foods of course, which we all know are pumped full of other crap to make them taste good - the author of the article actually suggests that in many instances the full fat version is actually better for you (imagine that).

Poor DH is having a bad day, one of his mates passed away on Tuesday night suddenly and unexpectedly, apparently he just keeled over while his wife was out one evening and by the time she found him it was all over. Not sure what happened though I'm assuming it was probably a stroke or perhaps heart attack even though he was only in his early 40's. Poor DH is all panicky now (is good to get a wake up call from time to time I suppose) and has taken the kids out for a bike ride to get some exercise and has sworn off coke for life (appently his mate was a coke drinker). Will need some TLC tonight.

Seaweed - tell me more about your carnivory? Have you eaten any vege during the last 14 days? What benefits have you seen so far? Just curious....
    no veges bar a bit of onion or garlic. altho do coconuts count as i have had some creamed coconut too. i have lost a few kgs. skin has improved. the last few days i have had a low level headache and been hell irritated but it may be the kids fraying my nerves. we're heading towards time to go to dad's for the weekend and he constantly rings and annoys us all. good example, he wants them early tomorrow. we're just waiting for the weather to improve to go out fishing with the neighbour. as in we get to go out on a 40ft fishing boat, all rods etc provided and just have to fish. the kids love fishing and boats. i usually have to pay to take them out on one of the local tourists boats so they can get out they love it that much. neither want to go if we are going tomorrow coz they "want to see dad". on further investigation i get the fact he will yell when they get back as it is his "time with them" that they were spending fishing. *sigh* so yeah, background stress. just ditched the bf who was being very irritating too. along with lack of exercise. i have in fact, got out for a 30 min brisk walk today and already i feel better. i also think there could be a survival advantage to being wired if you actual had to hunt for your dinner anywhere other than the supermarket.

so... what i do is eat a camembert omlette for breakfast. a cup or so of broth a day. i have some meat or fish for lunch. i have been experimenting with raw meat and raw fish dishes. raw fish salad with coconut cream for example. or kitfo have been some of my faves. today i am having creamed paua with the guts. superyummy. my youngest found me a legal sized paua on a rock when we were cliff climbing the other day. i didnt have a knife so i have to smash the rock to get it off. dinner i have more meat but usually cooked. tonight we're having half one of the legs off the wild pig i shot a few weeks ago. i will roast it and just eat a few 100g with maybe some porkbroth gravy. i try to concentrate on more fatty cuts of meat and i take extra fish oil.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I had a look Misabi and they dont have the offroad hi ladies on sale. they have kids ones up to 39 which do sometimes fit me, but they are brown so not worth the risk. cannot do with not being colour co-ordinated with my eyeliner in the bush LOL anyways, have you tried any of these? do you know what the soles are like?
    I picked up a couple of pairs of the Dylan style a few weeks ago, though they're a little different from the ones shown on the main site currently. I bought them from nzsale too, but it wasn't a vivobarefoot sale, they were lumped in with a bunch of other brands so may be an old line..

Very comfortable, wide toe box which allows the foot to spread.
    Road feel isn't as good as vff's and the sole isn't as flexible (at least not like the classic/kso, probably close to the thicker soles vff's), but the inner sole can be taken out which helps a little and doesn't affect comfort.

A real bonus that I realised When I wore them for the first time and got caught in a downpour is that my feet stayed perfectly dry!
    So they will be replacing my vff's in winter :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post

Just reading my latest copy of Healthy Food Guide

Poor DH is having a bad day, one of his mates passed away on Tuesday night suddenly and unexpectedly, Will need some TLC tonight.
    I was getting really disillussioned with HFG, so I stopped my sub. However I do have 100 or so magazines here if anyone wants them.............. going begging !!!!

and sorry to hear about DHs mate. These do bring it all home to us - about enjoying life, and not stressing the small stuff, having time for the important ones - however it all creeps back in until the next life changing episode.
    I am sure that he would benefit from some TLC, as we all could !!!!! Make sure you take a raincheck on your reciprocation !

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    just ditched the bf who was being very irritating too.
    Is this a boy thing ??? LOL I am sure Misabi doesn't think so !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post

A real bonus that I realised When I wore them for the first time and got caught in a downpour is that my feet stayed perfectly dry!
    So they will be replacing my vff's in winter :-)
    I may have to look into this Misabi - for the winter. Althou my biggest problem is getting out to the road. We live 800 mtrs down a shingle drive and DH often grades it (boyz and their toys), but it means that I really feel the sharp stones through my five fingers. I could wear a pair of shoes over them to the road - but how dicky would that look !!!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i am one of the few people around here who doesnt like vffs. i have had my pair for well over 3 yrs and all i do now is wear them when i go diving or floundering if i have to get out over the rocks to protect my feet. i have also had a repetitive impact injury wearing them on manmade terrain to run. i really dislike the wtf are on your feet comments and have no need to wear something that obvious to prove how alternative i am LOL i love my new balance minimuses but my toes wear out thru the sides in no time as i walk so much. these look like they wont do that are they have bits around the sides. i prefer the better grip on the bottom of the minimuses as well vs the vff for the terrain i have to go across. i still wear my combat boots when i go bush bashing. to protect my ankles more than anything and they are waterproof if i have to wade thru any rivers. i can get away with the minimuses if i am ecoguiding but i would never wear vffs either. simply as we dont need to be that visible either when we are working i dont think as it is not my feet i am showcasing.

Is this a boy thing ???
    nah people are people. i just date boys. many different facets of the diamond but a few i dont negociate. and some you cant really get past. this wasnt a serious transgression, just talking shit and i really dont like men who tell stories of their possesions, speeds their vehicles obviously are incapable of going and so on. especially funny since i am not an idiot. he was too emotional as well and was therefore better off finding someone else who wanted to get emotional with him!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I was getting really disillussioned with HFG, so I stopped my sub.
    Me too. I only get it cause its delivered to my work regardless. Last month there was an article about food fads, what diets were fads and what diets were here to stay. You guessed it Paleo=food fad, according to them. I can't remember their reasons but it wasn't terribly well researched and they seemed to assume that to be Paleo you had to totally be in Ketosis the entire time therefore your brain wouldn't function. Also they focussed on the fact that you are almost completely removing an entire food group from your diet by rejecting grains, which can't be good for anyone apparently. I also attended a seminar in Auckland last year where one of the HFG contributing dieticians spoke to us - she completely dismissed Paleo as well. Not terribly impressed with their research methods to be honest, they just assume it can't be right based on what they *know* without really looking into it in any great detail then go around advising everyone against it.