Page 183 of 535 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 183

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    there was a sea mist here when i woke up. it's sorta burning off now. not really autumny as it is normal for us. was hell hot here yesterday. gonna be a fun day!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I reckon that you might be right seas - its gonna be a fun day !!!!!
    haven't started the lawns yet, still drying out - however won't be far off.........................

I forget to mention that Les Miserable was amazing. The singing was very raw, and the line up of actors was brilliant. I would definately watch it again. It took all my will power not to burst into song the whole way through. I know all the words !!!! sad really LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good on Gwamma, you should've joined in! I grew up listening to musicals as my Mum is a violist and is super passionate about musicals. I think I'm a bit over done with them myself, but I can sing along with the best of them after having Mum pounding the tapes over and over all through my childhood.

Its a hot day here too, so I'm hiding out in my a/c office - just had it installed at the end of summer last year so I'm really loving it this summer.

Gosh, talk about being back to work with a jolt. I've been crazy busy planning my next few months and I've barely had time to take breath until now. I've got a villa coming vacant next week so have a redec to plan (quotes etc) and I have to get potential residents in to view the villa so I'm doing the sales thing also. Then I have kindy and school to prepare for, new passports to get for me and the kids, haircuts before said passport photo's, medicals for visa applications. Conference at work to plan for next month, and a day trip to Wellington the week before for a seminar and then just when I thought I couldn't possibly fit in anything more....my colleague in Wanganui resigned so they want me to travel there a couple of times a month to do open homes and sales etc until a replacement can be found. There is something about DD's birthday party, a wedding, after work drinks and DH going to Norway coming up soon too............can it all be done? Just going with the flow best I can for now.

Righto, off to tread more water, gosh that lunchbreak went quick!

Good on Gwamma, you should've joined in! I grew up listening to musicals as my Mum is a violist and is super passionate about musicals. I think I'm a bit over done with them myself, but I can sing along with the best of them after having Mum pounding the tapes over and over all through my childhood.
    i grew up with classical music forced down my throat so i still break into a shudder at the thought. i would need chemical assistance to sing along LOL ballet OTOH i love and i love all the costumes. i could watch opera just for that but with the sound muted.

DH going to Norway coming up soon too............
    i spend a couple of years in norway. awesome place. my fave cookery book is called kitchen of light which is really quite primal. he will enjoy it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post

............can it all be done?
    YES LL it can....just pace yourself! A few stiff whiskeys in between could be beneficial ????

Quote Originally Posted by utfsdh View Post
    Gwamma, I can see either your whole album (your first post with only one link), or see each individually (your second post with all the links), so you got it right!
    WHAT ???????????????

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    YES LL it can....just pace yourself! A few stiff whiskeys in between could be beneficial ????
    Medicinal even.

Seaweed - DH is not really looking forward to going to Norway in February though. Will be ghastly cold. He's only there for 5 days doing a course but I hope he gets a little tourist time amongst the ice!

from memory, and it was a very long time ago, all the buildings in norway are triple glazed and super warm so it wont feel cold. he should just get that romatic snowy picturesque idea of it all. he doesnt even have to worry about powerbills and he may even get to see the northern lights.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Hi folks,

Just popping in to give you the heads up that there's a good selection of vivobarefoot shoes on sale here at the moment, just in case anyone's in the market for minimalist shoes. Registration is required to see them though.

Happy shopping :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

thanx Misabi - hope all is well with you and the whanau
    G x

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi misabi! i avoided registering as i dont need to spend any more money. what type of minimal shoes are they? been swimming in the sea here. it was quite trippy. the tide was outgoing and there was a strong undertow. it was hot and cold in waves and layers. very strange but very pleasant when it was hot. then it started to rain and the rain felt cold compared to the sea. i got some cockles and oysters and the kids chased the flounder around. i stood on one while i wasnt looking which annoyed me alot as i could have grabbed it, if i had have been looking LOL i could continue with practising the art of smoking flounder which are totally yum. i found an incredibly cool piece of info in one of my fish cookery books. as i am a weaver i think it is cool anyways. you get sinistral and dextral fish in the flat fishes. sinistral fishes eyes point to the left. dextral fishes eyes point to the right. they can only swim the direction their eyes point. unless they are back to front as the occasional one is so you will get a sinistral flounder instead of a dextral one i think it is. co-incidentally the patikitiki patterns are some of my fave kete whakairo patterns.

day 14 of carnivory done. i am feeling very very irritated with everything. it could just be cirumstances. but i will add in not that many veges for a week and see if that stops me being irritated as much as I still have almost a week to go with a bit too much assistance.