Page 180 of 525 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5244

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 180

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LMOA i love zebra stripes too! and never ever wear a one piece. i am on the look out for a washed up shark to get the teeth. i have a collection of other large washed up creature incisor teeth too which i am going to make into a necklace one day. i need to find a smaller thigh bone or maybe a flipper bone for the hair. this has potential for my new look when i dont have to go to town! just have to wait till the autumn to beachcomb as the tourists are still out in force.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning ladies. You sure are energetic for first thing on a Sunday morning!

Having a really busy time here of late, so my Internet timr has been seriously interrupted. Back to work tomorrow so things will be back to their normal busy then. Lol.

Our big news is that Brunei finally came back with a decent offer. We've been going through the application process since October, so had all but given up hope, then on Tuesday there was an email from them detailing a great offer. So after much tooling and froing all week we've decided to take the position and move our wee family to Brunei. It'll still be at least 3 or 4 months away as we now have to do all of the visa application stuff, new passports (mine expired in July and DS's a year ago), give notice for current jobs, pack up our life etc..........Thankfully we get a huge shipping container to transport all of our stuff and business class tickets over there so it won't be too much of a hardship I hope. And as you know I do have minimalist leanings so the thought of sticking our entire household in one shipping container is actually appealing to me (oh the crap I will be able to get rid of!).

So that's our big news. Just hoping that it all works out now as we are still in the early stages and anything could go wrong. We are a bit worried about DH's current workplace, as three of the engineers will be leaving so they'll be really pissed off. The last time one of their employees tried to leave and work for another Shell operation the old bosses called the new lot and forced them to cancel the job offer! So we are trying to keep it quiet until contracts have been signed, but it is so worrying in the meantime.

Off to do a bit of housework now. Gotta do what I can before I go back to work.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LL welcome back - and that is so exciting.... great choices !!!!!!
    I agree with you about not telling too many people. I will certainly will keep it quiet for now. NZ is a very small country !!!!!
    Anyway enjoy the moment, and I will celebrate with a wee coffee'n'cream.
    have fun back at work
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I have to say that I'm finally happy in my bikini. It's nice.

Now, car insurance here is inexpensive, so we went ahead and got a comprehensive coverage for DH and myself. Now, the only thing left to tick off the car list is getting our NZ drivers licenses (we have maintained our PA ones). That's expensive, btw, compared to what I am used to. Same with registering the car. Still, needs to be done.

SUnny day! We're going to pick up some used fishing gear from a friend (psyched!), and a used bike for DS. And then I'm going to honey-lighten my hair later today. I'm excited to try that.

good girl Zoes, I am pleased that you have done that....and how does one honey-lighten ones hair ???

...small steps....

I have to say that I'm finally happy in my bikini. It's nice.
    i have always taken the ftw approach to that one LOL

discovered finally a little known benefit of bush walking with a low level icky headache! all our beautiful native trees have an ever so subtle fragrance when they are in flower. the odd one can be quite fragrant but it tends to waft thru in waves. when you have a sore head, your sense of smell is much heightened so i had an absolutely lovely walk in the bush for a couple of hours with my youngest whilst my middle one mowed down tourists on the beach on a horse. my headache went too after about an hour and a half but it was divine. i could smell all those awesome green bushy smells and i even found some kiwi poo which is quite something aromawise. you so wouldnt guess it was anything poo as it smells so interesting.

fantastic, kiwi poo really? Mum and Dad are in Northland and they often hear the kiwis at night. They also have a wee Tui that comes each day, just to say hi.
    anyway have the best night and I will catch you on the morrow
    G x

...small steps....

fantastic, kiwi poo really?
    yes truly. sugar water out for the birds where we went so there were quite a few tui. i have one at home that water baths in my spouting. they are unreal colours when you get up close.

i am off to bed soon as well. i am so behind on sleep that i need a good 10 hrs tonight.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Honey has peroxide in it, or makes it or something, when added to water.

1/8 cup manuka honey with 3/4 cup (distilled) water to make one full cup of watery-honey. let it sit for an hour to release the peroxide.

Then, you want to spray bottle it onto your hair (dry hair), and if you want to get lighter roots (blonds like me muddy), then you would use a brush (tinting brush, blush brush, basting brush) to do the roots a second round. Then stack on your head (should be soaking wet, btw), and put a shower cap over and a damp towel around that (for warmth and moisture).

You can boost the peroxide and decrease drying of the hair by adding 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the mix, too.

Honey will help the scalp (prevent cradle cap), make the hair stronger and less prone to breaking, make the hair thicker, lighten the hair, condition/protect it (honey and olive oil have chemicals that protect the hair when peroxiding it, unlike regular peroxide), and supposedly helps support regrowth of hair (preventing hair loss).

I don't know how true that last one is, but yeah.

PrimalCon New York
    Sounds like fun Zoes.
    I am off for my hair again next week. I cannot believe how quickly the six weeks comes around.
    Off out to lunch now - so I am so looking forward to that.
    I will catch you all later
    G x

...small steps....