Page 18 of 535 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 18

pushme is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey guys, I'm a long time primal enthusiast as to by day 3 I'm starving which results to a negative quick fix - bread Also now I have had to stop drinking coffee so that is making things twice as challenging! Would appreciate any advice!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    hummingbird coffee do a real good decaf coffee bean or ground. gives you the flavour which is what i cant give up. bread makes me sick so i cant help you there but i do sometimes miss decent bread and butter. but then i miss cigarettes too and the odd bourbon fueled stomp. maybe try to commit to something like 3 weeks of primal. there are so many things you can have, it is not a deprivation. then see how you feel. baby steps isnt it?

pushme is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    hummingbird coffee do a real good decaf coffee bean or ground. gives you the flavour which is what i cant give up. bread makes me sick so i cant help you there but i do sometimes miss decent bread and butter. but then i miss cigarettes too and the odd bourbon fueled stomp. maybe try to commit to something like 3 weeks of primal. there are so many things you can have, it is not a deprivation. then see how you feel. baby steps isnt it?
    You are very right baby steps just still trying to figure out what would be good to eat to kill that void of hunger! Because I've taken up running to fill the gap from giving up smoking lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal goon - wonderful to have more cantabrians on this thread....not sure how goon and canterbury fit together - but there you have it !!!!!
    And Pushme welcome ....but why oh why are you depriving yourself of coffee? Every good well informed cave person knows that you canny start the day without coffee and cream ( did you notice the slight scotish lilt ?????) I've had a couple of red fermented grapejuices !!!!!!very good they were too
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

You are very right baby steps just still trying to figure out what would be good to eat to kill that void of hunger! Because I've taken up running to fill the gap from giving up smoking lol
    giving up smoking is hard and alot of people put alot of weight on from snacking instead of smoking. i have read and i cant provide any evidence, that nicotine gets in your thirst receptors or however it was phrased. since we are nearly at summer - yay! - maybe have a jug or nice cold water and a glass nearby at all times and drink water when you feel the need. how far are you running or for how long? maybe tone it down a bit and do some weights? it is also good to keep away from the fridge so long walks are awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    giving up smoking is hard and alot of people put alot of weight on from snacking instead of smoking. I have read and i cant provide any evidence, that nicotine gets in your thirst receptors or however it was phrased. Since we are nearly at summer - yay! - maybe have a jug or nice cold water and a glass nearby at all times and drink water when you feel the need. How far are you running or for how long? Maybe tone it down a bit and do some weights? It is also good to keep away from the fridge so long walks are awesome lol
    +1

g

...small steps....

you prob also need to find a way to make water more appealing to drink. the mug out of the tap is really not that flash. even if we dont have town supply here, i struggle. but put it bottle in the fridge to chill and then drink it in a glass, i can manage. it is just the self discipline to make it a habit.

A wee bit of lemon juice does wonders for a glass of water and/or mint
    G

...small steps....

A wee bit of lemon juice does wonders for a glass of water and/or mint
    i should try it but it really does need to be hot outside, or i need to be hardcore exercising, before i can get enthusiastic about drinking water.

primalgoon is offline Junior Member
    The odd drinking coconut as a treat is nice in the fridge pushme, I have just taken up drinking coffee again after a few months primal as it used to give me the shakes since I had kids. A dietician was recommending that if you are having coffee have coffee, stay away from decaf or instant as it is not real food and your body doesnt know what to do with it... this sort of goes along with the Primal message too I thought.

Primal G, "Goon" is the teen slang for Rangiora, thought you might still have a few of them lurking at your place, the only way to tell often is an empty fridge and your broadband usage is way over...