Page 173 of 534 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 173

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    okay I have just found a post by mark, that states

"Iím not a huge fan of MCT oil, but not for any health reasons. Iíve just had weird experiences with it. I once used it to make mayo, since itís flavorless, saturated, and stays liquid. It worked and the mayo tasted great, but it was just too big a bolus of MCTs at once. I used a couple tablespoons of MCT mayo with some hard boiled eggs and yellow mustard for egg salad, and a couple minutes after eating, I was infused with a weird, nervous energy. It felt similar to taking a quadruple shot of the strongest espresso on the planet sprinkled with a bit of Walter Whiteís special recipe, followed by a forced toilet trip. The fatty acids were being converted to pure energy Ė way more than my body needed at the time Ė and it wasnít very pleasant. I tried it again as the base for a salad dressing, having run out of olive oil, and the effect was the same. Itís definitely not for me. Iíll stick to coconut oil for my MCT fix, since it never gives me any issues. While natural sources of MCTs, like coconut, contain the full range of MCTs (lauric acid, caproic acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid), most MCT oils are caprylic acid and capric acid. I suspect the isolation of the fatty acids is responsible for my problems with MCT oil.

Thatís me, though. I donít think thereís anything wrong with MCT oil, especially if youíre on a strict ketogenic diet or simply looking to get into ketosis (MCTs are the most ketogenic fatty acids), but I also think you could just eat coconut oil. Iíve heard of people who canít handle coconut oil but for whom MCT oil works perfectly. Go figure. Iíd suggest buying the smallest bottle of MCT oil you can find if youíre thinking of trying it.

Read more: Dear Mark: MCT Oil, Camelina Oil, and Fancy Canola Oil | Mark's Daily Apple

this might just be my problem !!!!!!! but the thought of eating coconut oil just doesn't do it for me
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am prob just exhausted by the time i make it to bed but definitely if i feel fidgety a hot bath helps when it is colder outside. i think it depends how long you stay in it as to how much it winds you up. i still reckon it could be lack of wine if you have cut back a fair bit. maybe the relaxing herbal tea is the way to go? LOL i so wouldnt be keen on that idea!

missed the MCT oil post there. i used to hate coconut oil with a vengeance. i got a new brand from my organic vege store which comes from the thailand and tastes edible. it's zenian organic. virgin coconut oil. apparently coconut oils taste different depending on country of origin and i would say that is definitely true.

I shall try and find some, cos I can't go on much longer with minimal sleep.
    Thanx Seas
    G x

...small steps....

does anyone want 1 1/2 bottles of MCT oil ??????????

...small steps....

I am tempted to try some for interest. can you maybe cut it 50/50 with coconut oil? i dont do on minimal sleep either.

raw fish salad is yummy! definitely put the onion in with the lemon first off. i threw some pepper and some kaitaia fire in with the coconut milk at the end.

the exact coconut oil i have is here
    Virgin Coconut Oil Thai Regular Range 500ml | Zenian $20.60 at my whole food store.

thanx seas I will look out for some
    G x

...small steps....

send me the half bottle in case i need some energy lol going out now as i melted the oil back into my creamed coconut so i have to avoid eating any. interesting our relationships with food.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Hey all!

Back from Cape Palliser -- had a great holiday! Finally back at work, and it feels good.

HOliday with the ILs was actually *great!*