Page 171 of 535 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 171

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i always cook my roasts short and violent. pork and chicken i just leave in till they are cooked to the bone. beef, lamb and venison i usually medium rare. the plan is to get the outside seared and the inside juicy vs melt in the mouth. i also like a good crackle on the outside if there is fat or skin.

i struggle to do any of those naturally unnatural things like oil. it just feels way wierd to me. plus i dont like it. cant you just ditch the oil? or stash it somewhere easier to eat like in with something or are you shangri-lalaing?

carnivory is making my jeans looser. i am cal restricting as well so it could just be that. either way, i feel better and it is all good. day 6 of my week today. smoked fish and hardboiled eggs for lunch i think!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I am not doing shangri lalalaling as per se, however am adding oil into my day for satiation.
    if it works.........
    However it might just be the calorie restriction and the upping od exersize???? not sure, but if it works.......... I am repeating myself !!!!!!!
    have the best say Seas !
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

the thing i find with adding in coconut oil for satiation is it is 150 cals a spoon! i'd rather have something else that is 150 cals than coconut oil LOL

gonna be a slow day here. "bored" kids already which usually really means they want something they are not allowed to have. and i have a skype work meeting at 10:30.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi Gwamma and all,

Lizzielou and bamabelle make very good points. The good news is that things are changing a bit. This is from memory, but I read somewhere that for every one farmers' market in the US in 1980, there are now 27. I'm not sure if any non-tech industry can say the same about growth. That Jaime guy showed the world about pink slime, and I think just about every grocery chain except Walmart took it out of their ground beef.

When I first started looking for foods with no weird additives, I just freaked out. Soy in canned tuna - wtf? And the ubiquitous sodium solution in whole chickens to plump them up and make you pay for water. And of course the chemicals. I find HFCS is present in almost anything you don't make from scratch, which means that if you want to stay "pure," there are basically no convenience foods. And the cans are all bpa lined. It's truly difficult to eat in a healthful manner here.

When I first started switching from CAFO to organic/pastured/wild foods, I freaked at the cost difference. But I flipped my perspective (so I wouldn't just flip out myself) and now I look at it like real food costs one thing and CAFO/fake food is half off.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

HI Joanie, oops I missed that post from LL and Bamabelle.
    yep we are lucky alright, althou over here in NZ I am not convinced about the organic thing. I know a few organic farmers, and I think some of them get away with things that Joe-blow public would not want to know.....so I am not sold on organic

anyway hope all is well in Us of A. I have just spoken with my wee DD in Indiana. I miss her so much, however it is going very quickly.
    Off to mow the lawns if this rain stays away.....................
    laters

...small steps....

I know a few organic farmers, and I think some of them get away with things that Joe-blow public would not want to know.....so I am not sold on organic
    me too. and i am also hoping the rain stays away so as i can get a walk as the kids will walk over the hill to get an icecream if the weather is ok. problem is it can change here in 30 mins flat so i also dont want to put them off doing it again!

good luck with the walk seas.
    I have just popped in for a moments break mowing the lawns - so am having a coffee with cream ....very nice
    back into it.....B................... Y ................... E............

...small steps....

Yep back again............jzshtsugfxjb jksgfslglawiuyawipdfjvjkxfbdvgb skzdfgvdfx,b vc vmcfgmjdrkedrlgs l.........jkxdfghdrugykdrtdkrg!!!!!!!!!k,jhndruthk ,drjh,kcfh????x,uvykdgbktgksxdu!!!!!!!!!!
    xdjkghdhggdruh,cf,kdcfhdh,cf,kcf,bjdf

......................... Sorry peoples, but I am soooooooooo annoyed I just had to vent.....................
    .........better now !!!!!!!

...small steps....

way to go G! i reckon the planets are doing something as my kids are hell fractious. i do usually have to deprogram them after they have been to their dads for the weekend but they are even worse then usual.

half my smoked fish had sawdust on the bottom so i prob got some carbs for lunch lol it also ruined the taste of my coffee with cream. so i could be swearing as well but luckily you cant hear me

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    so i could be swearing as well but luckily you cant hear me
    Oh no seas - none of it was swearing, I just recited the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God. Its all there - first through to last chapter. I just had to get it off my chest....and I did....so better now

Phew

...small steps....