Page 170 of 523 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 5229

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 170

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    now that would have been fun. you need to think ahead more Gwamma! the sun is out here after the rain this morning. i may go for a ride on my harley later. depends. i may have to go help cut up a sheep lol ladylike primal activity but someone i know was sposed to be homekilling one for someone this avo. it is a need to know skill as it is generic. works for all rumminants such as deer. and even pigs. saves the precision butchery with the meat cleaver and the hammer lol actual i do know how to seam bone out meat, i just need practise but the skinning and dismembering i need to practise myself. rule #1 tho is always have a sharp knife. and we like knives around here.

the fish is salting in the fridge as we speak. i will smoke it later. i am missing out the sugar as who needs it. not usual to smoke gurnard but the last lot i had was very nice. i can then eat it with hardboiled eggs and home made mayo next week for lunch and the kids can have potato salad.

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    I am salivating at the thought !!!!!!
    Am finally off for my walk
    laters
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Had a lovely 6.6km walk, in the heat - but it felt good. My ankle was a wee bit sore, however i need to keep moving. I didn't have my oil mid-morning today, had it mid-afternoon instead. I havn't been very hungry thou, so it will be interesting to see how dinner goes. I will weigh in officially tomorrow, so hoping that the scale continues to plumet !!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

lucky you. my 6k walk was mostly in the rain. then when it cleared up beautifully this avo, i put my jeans on ( thankfully as i had had my boardies on ) and went for a ride on the harley in my t-shirt and my littlest, oldest, thinnest leather jacket coz it was so hot. i got about 40k away from home and it went all black and started blowing a gale and bucketing with rain. all in the blink of an eye. i got soaked. as in had rain water dripping down my back and my personal fave, dripping down the insides of my thighs from my crotch. ugh! still, i can ride a bike so it wasnt too much of a drama, just a different sensation lol

kids are back. we had half a leg of roast wild pig for dinner. they had roast potatoes and kumara and apple sauce with theirs as they apparently werent hungry and i just had meat, more meat and even more meat. the remains and the bone is now in the huge stock pot of pork bones which has been on the lowest or low gas heat for almost 24 hrs.

day 6 of carnivory tomorrow. i need to decide what to do after day 7. i am definitely leaning up but i have nowhere near the more fat ratios. usually hovering around the 100g mark on protein and between 70-100g fat and lucky to get like 1g carbs if i have added garlic to something. still out as to how they can randomly decide your BMR based on your age, weight and height but never mind.

i have a question. do carnivores eat honey? i ask as the vegans wont eat it as it is an animal product and when i went to smoke the fish i wondered. i didnt have any left so i couldnt use any but usually i use honey and sugar and salt.

I would think that carnivores eat honey, however old ditsy Gwamma possibly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed............actually I am not a tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...........this 'ere old gwamma isn't the ripest apple on the tree !!!!! thats better

...small steps....

i am regularly away with the fairies. or AWTF lol and i also get captured by aliens so no worries here. who needs dictionary definitions anyways.

I agree seas - Aliens sound fun..................

...small steps....

i loves me my alien time lol making pork broth chai as we speak. it's quite nice. i have a huge pot of pork broth on so i scooped some out and am boiling it up with some spices for an experiment. funny how i like pork broth best out of all the meat broths i have tried. chicken is meh. needs to get put in something to get some flavour. mutton is passable but still bland, fish is only ok in soups and chowders. ditto with salmon broth. beef i possibly need to try again, but pork really is nice. good strong flavour. kinda like drinking roast pork. i dont ever usually put anything other than water, bones and a splash of ACV in my broths either. keep the flavour neutral so as i can cook with them easier. i do like boil ups with pork bones alot. i just avoid the dough balls in it i didnt make it or dont put any in if i do.

Morning all,
    I also have me a great big pork roast, that I will cook slowly today. I am so looking forward to that.
    I have managed to drop 1.6kg this week, and a few inches here and there - so yay for me................

I might just keep eating this way for a bit longer. I am finding the oil hard to stomach, however if I chase it down with a glass of water, that helps.
    Off to get the mail, its only 1.6kms out to the box and back, so I might go uphill on the treadmill after that, just to make up my exersize.
    I will catch you all later
    G x

...small steps....

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    I think looking around this forum that we are very lucky to be in NZ. The US looks as though their food has so many basic issues that we don't even think about here - non grass fed beef (like WTF?), everything being processed as the norm, MSG in everything.......
    Boy, that's the TRUTH!!! I live in the U.S. and our food supply is disgusting as a whole! And scary! When I talk to folks from other countries who have moved here, they talk about fruit that actually tastes like fruit rather than the chemical and/or diluted flavor that we get here. It's very disheartening to know that I am missing out on such deliciousness But alas, what can I do. Sometimes I dream of moving to the South of France just to eat good, fresh food and to have a more leisurely lifestyle than we are afforded in the U.S. Maybe I'm just idealizing...