Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 167

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you go Zoes. Hope the visitation is going well
    X
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

morning to all. Very dull day here today - however that is ok !!!
    We have been babysitting baby goat for a few days, so I am taking him for a walk this morning with the wee dog.
    he is 16 months old now - and even thou he is small, he is one chuncky goat !!!! In fact if you are carrying him and he starts wriggling - very hard for this old Gwamma to hold him - anyway I will pop him on the lead for our walk. He will love it.
    So I hope that you all have the bestest day.
    Catch you all later
    G x

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    going well here. had an awesome first day back at work! so many clients! yay! i missed them. next year, i'm going to stay open during the holidays -- at least on a shortened schedule. Turns out that not everyone goes away!

sunny day today, so our plan is to go and do a harbor bike ride plus some playground times plus some gelato. should be a nice afternoon. I'll have three big classes today (one corporate, two public). Psyched!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, you only read newspapers to get last weeks news. They've been overtaken by teh interwebs.

Yay that your business is taking off Zoe. I happened to be in Wellington over christmas with the family. It was good times.

It's another awesome day in paradise in Dunners.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Dunners - as in Dunedin??????
    gutted that you didn't come and share a primal feast with Gwamma and Gwandad !!!!!! You owe me MM

Zoes great that you are back into it, and I agree about staying open - limitedly - over this time. Always a need !!!!

I am absolutely p-ssed, went for walk with baby goat and tui the dog, started raining, so started running and boom - over on my ankle. It took two minutes to put any weight onto it, so lucky that I was able to hobble home. Have iced and sliced - but am feeling it. Totally gutted !!!!!!!
    Nevermind, I will just have to go into recovery mode, and continue with the walking instead of jogging !

...small steps....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Dunners - as in Dunedin??????
    gutted that you didn't come and share a primal feast with Gwamma and Gwandad !!!!!! You owe me MM
    Yep. Were you down our way? The only thing I did in chch was point it out to the kids as we flew over it.

Regarding your ankle, on the plus side, you can post more on MDA....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year one and all!! Hope you all had a good holiday season and spent it with those who mean the most to you.

Back at work yesterday (which was nutz busy) but things are settling down today so had a bit of time to jump on here and say hi

Decided to have a break from the internet while I was on holiday for the past couple of weeks. Plenty of rest and relaxation with some great days on long walks / hill runs to the beach, as well as the obligatory family dinners (nightly from 24th Dec through to 2nd Jan!!....), so it's kinda balanced out.

I have managed to put on 3 Kg in the past 3 weeks, though 2 were replacing the 2 I'd lost the month before through food poisoning so not too bad, and to be honest it's only an extra 1/2 an inch on my waist and my shirts are fitting tighter across my shoulders so proably as much down to my new sand bag as the stuffing my face

Got some new toys for xmas, a 20kg sand bag, a speed skipping rope (which is actually wire, still learning to use that) and just waiting for my inversion boots to arrive

Zoebird will be proud of me too, I've been doing yoga every morning and some evenings since my shiny new tv has a yoga channel on it
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yep. Were you down our way? The only thing I did in chch was point it out to the kids as we flew over it.

Regarding your ankle, on the plus side, you can post more on MDA....
    I think that I spend enough time on MDA - thank you !!!!!
    I hope that you also waved enthusiastically to us on your way past !!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Happy New Year one and all!! Hope you all had a good holiday season and spent it with those who mean the most to you.

Misabi - welcome back. I am thrilled that you have had a relaxing break. And ditching the internet thing is always a positive. I get too hung up on this forum !!!!!! I so need me a holiday !!!! LOL

I hope that work settles down - too hot to be too busy !!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Gwamma

Works not so bad, just the usual madness of everyone coming back to work. Actually this is the first time in maybe 5 or 6 years that I haven't actually been dreading getting back to work after the holidays. Can't believe that it took me so long to realise how miserable I really was at my last job.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it is good to do yoga every day. It's particularly accessible if on tv.