Page 165 of 535 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 165

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    This Kiwi just about to go on holiday Heading for (hopefully) sunny top of the South Island. Have been not totally sticking to Primal for about a month and feel terrible! But hit the local farmers market and the local produce shop this morning so know I'll feel better in a couple of days

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Have a great time, Cordof.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Ayla - welcome! Not many of us here at the moment. I think that the whole of NZ are still partying or holidaying....lucky them !!!!!
    Hope it wasn't too hot over your way today. Those fires look horrendous !
    No alcohol tonight....thats a turn around for a saturday night !!!!!, have kept my fats up , protein moderate and carbs low, so hopefully a good nights sleep tonight. I am a little burnt thou !!!!! but nothing that a wee bit of coconut oil wont relieve.
    Have the best night everyone
    G x
    Gwamma you are doing well, keep it up. I am totally enjoying this sunshine, spent sooo much time outside today that I feel just amazing.

Hi Ayla.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    welcome Cordof, and fantastic to hear from you Annie. Hope all is well with you

Gorgeous day again here today, but I need to finish my spring clean. Harry Potters cupboard is practically done - I have put all the toys and my resources in there. My wee grandsons will love it !!!
    I have put spare duvaes, sleeping bags, pillows etc... in big Warehouse bags and stacked them neatly up high, and so now I need to tidy the storage room. Re fold sheets, and pile accordingly etc.....
    anyway this is my form of procrastination - writting here instead of 'doing it'

so off to continue - hopefully finish !!!!!
    Have the bestest day, and I would love to be on holiday right now, however we have booked a cruise in may - so will have to wait until then
    take care all
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you'll get it done.

We are doing a beach day after DH and I breakfast. That should be in the next 30 minutes or so.

brilliant Zoes - have the bestest day - and don't get too burnt. I don't agree with sunblock ( I don't like the way it gets into our skin, and don't know what it is doing to our bodies), so I tend to cover up with hat, long sleeved shirt after about 30-45 minutes. However yesterday i was a little long in the sun. Well I was 5 hours in the sun on the ride on, but covered up for most of the time. Am quite burnt, but after a lather of coconut oil last night- the redness has reduced dramatically overnight. Brilliant stuff.
    ................ I am still procastinating..............

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi everyone,

It feels like I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. Happy New Year to all!

The new year has gotten off to a nice start. I'm doing duckwalks for my flexibility issues. Increasing my bodyweight exercises. Logging meticulously my food intake, though the emphasis is on calories rather than macros. Decreasing (mostly) my alcohol intake, though this is the toughest because really, I'm a stoner at heart, so if pot and alcohol were healthy, I'd partake 24/7.

One cool thing is that at my right temple, the hair has turned white in enough strands that it's kind of cool looking. I've taken to brushing it forward (I have longish hair to just below my "wing bones") so it stands out. So vain about my hair, it's silly.

I have a cold - woke up with a sore throat, so I'm spending the day in bed (did some weights for my arms and a short duckwalk, but not much else) eating oyster chowder and sleeping. I figure I'll be fine by tomorrow afternoon, mostly.

Again, Happy New Year to my favorite Kiwis. Youse guys (Brooklynees for "you guys") are the best.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi hi everyone,

It feels like I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. Happy New Year to all!

The new year has gotten off to a nice start. I'm doing duckwalks for my flexibility issues. Increasing my bodyweight exercises. Logging meticulously my food intake, though the emphasis is on calories rather than macros. Decreasing (mostly) my alcohol intake, though this is the toughest because really, I'm a stoner at heart, so if pot and alcohol were healthy, I'd partake 24/7.

One cool thing is that at my right temple, the hair has turned white in enough strands that it's kind of cool looking. I've taken to brushing it forward (I have longish hair to just below my "wing bones") so it stands out. So vain about my hair, it's silly.

I have a cold - woke up with a sore throat, so I'm spending the day in bed (did some weights for my arms and a short duckwalk, but not much else) eating oyster chowder and sleeping. I figure I'll be fine by tomorrow afternoon, mostly.

Again, Happy New Year to my favorite Kiwis. Youse guys (Brooklynees for "you guys") are the best.
    Joanie darling girl - how have you been ???
    have seen you round, so I have been keeping up with you. What are these duck walks, and how are they helping ??? would love more info....and as someone on a previous thread said - would love to see a vid !!!!!

I am also trying to revamp my whole 'clean' living thing, and also for me - alcohol is a biggie. I am really trying to only have a glass or two on the weekends, althou haven't partaken this weekend yet (sunday afternoon here).
    I will cut down my calories once I am truely being satiated with the fat and protein, but until then I am just enjoying feeling well again.
    Good luck with the sore throat. I know its not primal but if you crush an aspirin into honey and suck it off the spoon - really helps a sore throat !
    take care
    G x

...small steps....

oh for goodness sake....Billy the b--stard, bought in three lots of caught things last night....so my lack of sleep was partly listening to animals in the throes of dying....anyway little mouse, whilst being played with to death, was let go, and got away.......but has just reappeared this afternoon. Much to Billys disgust i have caught the little bugger and popped him outside ! I don't mind mice but they make such a mess in the house, so am pleased it is now outside. Yes I should have let the cat have his way, but I am sick of cleaning up birds feet, and little feathers, tails etc....

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL on cat victims. While I thank goodness that my city cats never brought much home, my country cats often did and one day when I was still a teenager, my Yoko-kitty came to my bedroom window with a mouse in her mouth. I praised her prowess, "Good girl, now take that filthy thing away," all in a very sweet tone, and didn't let her in. Cats are so sensitive, really.

Gwamma, aspirin is fine and after all these years, I still take it for a lot of things. Non-primally, I drank it down with some Compari laced with just an ounce of vodka.

Duck walks. Simply squat and then walk in the squatted position. Not as easy as it sounds, especially after babying my knees and ankles for about nine months. Also, I'm on a downhill slide to my 58th bday (late April), so I tend to doubt that I'll be posting a vid of me doing duckwalks. An old lady has to have some dignity.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.