Page 161 of 534 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 161

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i can appreciate that. i was going to say i would only do something like that for maybe a year if i could take the kids and it was loads and loads of money. as in pay off the mortgage sort of money. and i would look on it as an adventure. but then you do need to weigh up what you are leaving behind. what your options are when you come back. we have pets we would be hard pressed to leave too. my middle daughter would never forgive me for making her leave her horse and cat behind for example. and things like horses and cats and dogs are hard to get minded for a whole year. i guess where i live is pretty idyllic so i could prob rent it out or get everyone house sat for a while. but still. it would be a huge decision. one of the boys helping out when i went sheep crutching before xmas was going to study aeronautical engineering in Chch. i think he was on his last year.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Our cats are something I'm not even thinking about just now! We did some research initially into taking them with us, although doable I'm worried that we'd not get them back into NZ again afterwards. Would have to research that some more before we made any decision - I love my puss cats.

I think it would only be a few years realistically. A friend of ours who owns a house on the same street as us, moved to Qatar with the whole family (managed to get a live in job after touring for 6 months) a few years ago. He had paid off his house a year ago after a very short time of earning the big bucks, so they must be set for life now. We were lucky that DH worked in the UK shortly before we married, so we came back to NZ with a nice little nest egg that bought our section and furnished the house and so forth. Our mortgage is fairly modest because of this and if we stayed in NZ we'd pay it off in due course, but still it would be nice to have that gone and start looking at other investments.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    phew - you two have been quite the busy wee beavers whilst I have been gone !!!!!!
    Am hearing you both on the calorie counting/macro/micro breakdown.... but I am so stalled on my little journey that YES I am getting a weeny teeny tinsy bit stressed about the whole affair.
    Yes I drink to excess at times, yes I eat too many calories at times, and yes I do not exersize enough at times .... but I do wonder sometimes if I could just be like others who could tick that part of my life off, and get on with the other parts !!!!!

anyway I will get over myself I am sure.....

LL huge decisions - will I, won't I. It would not be easy to go so far out of your comfort zone, however having a DH who has already experienced this way of life would be a huge plus. And the children are young - which usually means adaptable......... good luck. You will still have us online no matter what you decide !!!!

Hope the walk was good Seas. I actually really enjoyed mine this morning. I am in the process of setting up my gym again - just so it works for me. I am sick of cars cluttering up my gym space - but they have to be out of the rain.........or so DH tells me !!!!!

anyways am working on that !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We are doing well here. DS is spending a lot of time with ILs, and they are too tired to be mean, so everything is good so far. They are also pretty relaxed, for them. Surprising.

In terms of diet, I love IF! first, the IF is going well, we're eating our normal foods, and honestly, I have zero interest in "christmas treats." I've had one piece of stolen, a couple of dark chocolate truffles, and that's it. Really, no break in the diet at all. It's great.

And, being on holiday, I get to sleep a fair bit. That's been the best part.

Zoebird - thrilled that its all going well, how long are they with you ???

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    they are here until 15 Jan. So, they are settling into the crankiness and judgment now, so. . . we'll see.

hang in there Zoes - my offer still stands....in fact we could do that impromtu caveman conference right here, right now !!!!!!!
    Althou I am going fishing in Kaikoura sunday - so no partying until I have the blue cod and crayfish in hand

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    if you're getting crayfish we may be coming to visit, in fact we may just pop up and light the fire and put the kettle on ready for you when you come home! no one around here has been out to get any crayfish yet so i am feeling deprived. i am off tomorrow to get some kina and hopefully either another bambi or a feral sheep. and i mean a proper feral sheep not one that happens to be accidentally standing by the fence in a secluded paddock or has recently slipped thru the fence into the bush! i have borrowed the big gun and the sharp knife and me and the dog are ready to go. confession here. i dont really like blue cod that much. i dont dislike it at all but it isnt my favourite fish by a long way. i much prefer *gasp* moki or rig or green bone. or snapper ( shhhh ) or john dory.

i could also come up and check out the home gym. i find i am so lacking in self discipline that a real gym is the only place i can get motivated to really try. i also like the time out there away from everything.

LMFAO - get on your bike and get the H-ll up here now. When are the kids due home ??????
    Come and meet them in CHCH and stay - for goodness sake seas !!!!!!! however you might have to bring that cute wee LOW car instead.............
    ..........and we are off jet boating new years day - so perfect opportunity for the whole whanau to do something different !!!!!
    .......and I have a freezer full of DEAD sheep - so ?????????????

be spontaneous and just DO IT !!!!!!! no expenses this end - come and chillax !!!!!!
    ok what time are you arriving tomorrow ???????????????????

...small steps....

and I so cannot do something alive to dead - and apparently the crayfish are alive - so i have to dead it !!!!!! not something that is gonna be easy - in fact I will have to pass that job onto someone else !
    if you come tomorrow I will shout you a trip on the boat at Kiak !!!!!! how does that sound ??????????????????

...small steps....