Page 160 of 535 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 160

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I had to laugh at my MIL. She gave DH and me a pressie, and said to me.... I took into account of how you eat, and that is why I got you these....... so on christmas morning, very excited I opened the parcel to find....... a pkt of mixed grain crackers, and also a huge box of chocolate biscuits !!!!!! you just gotta love MILs LOL
    it is possible she really does think you white knuckle it and deprive yourself so she was giving you a treat for xmas.

back on track thread. well i think i need to rethink my nutrition. exercise seems to be going good so far but i do need a backup plan for january when the school holidays set in. i have decided i will look at myself as my client and work it out that way. ketosis and all that fat i still am not sure about. i need real food which is the problem. i am sure all that fat is making me fat. carbs are an issue too. too many make me binge eat so i need to work out a balance somehow. up the veges maybe and hope for the best. i've nailed the coffee down to 3 cups a day with 4tsp of cream in each which is huge progress for me. even over xmas. i also need to ditch the nuts and keep it to 3 meals a day, no snacks.

exercise wise i've been getting into one legged leg press and one legged hamstring curls. omg they are so hard. the one legged hamstring curls that is. i do 3 sets of 15 reps usually. i can do 50kgs two legged. only use one leg and i am struggling in that rep range with 10kgs. admittedly that was after supersetting it with one legged leg presses. my personal trainer says to me " i think we dont need to rest as we are starting each exercise with the left leg" i was too rinsed to talk let along throw a dumbbell at him for saying "we" dont need to rest as he was sitting on a weight bench looking decorative LOL

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Everything with the ILs has been really nice so far. So, that's good.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hello darling girls, great that all well with you - and that you are coping !!!!! thrilled your INLAW experience is going well Zoes. Enjoy the moment.
    Seas - enjoy this time. You will find a way to get through the holidays. if not - put them on a plane - and they can chill with me for a bit - I do NOT bite - well I do - but only my 'usband LOL

and no Nana Lou does not knuckle anything - she is getting old and dottery and absolutely hilarious when she is squiffy (ie had a few wines). At 84ish I hope that I bring the odd smile to peoples faces too !!!!!

I am really trying to up the anti at the moment so I am there for you my girl !!!!!!!! And you are a lean machine, I am fat and squishy - so it should be me worrying about my food intake !!!!!
    Misabi - how are you and that cute wee frella doing ????? we havn't had an update for a while
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

gwamma my babies are in hamner with their dad right now. only thankfully till saturday as i really dont like them going away. it is prob good practise to work out how to creatively exercise with the crew in tow. according to mark, 80% of our body comp is what we eat. this here is quite interesting
    Calorie Rants and Ketosis (part 1). THAT PALEO GUY along with the next part. i dont know what to make of it but it is definitely worth thinking about for a few days.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    gwamma my babies are in hamner with their dad right now. only thankfully till saturday as i really dont like them going away. it is prob good practise to work out how to creatively exercise with the crew in tow. according to mark, 80% of our body comp is what we eat. this here is quite interesting
    Calorie Rants and Ketosis (part 1). THAT PALEO GUY along with the next part. i dont know what to make of it but it is definitely worth thinking about for a few days.
    Hanmer Springs - my old stomping ground. That is where I had my buisness. They will be having a great old time - I am sure !!!!!
    I am not sure what to make of that article either. We all utilize food differently, so one size doesn't fit all, or does it ???? Is it our inability to measure the actual quantities that we are taking in ??? or the measure of exactly how much exersize we do ??? I don't know. I am rambling at the moment !!!
    I am back on my slightly higher fat tack to see if I can quell this hunger.....but off for a walk now, in the rain, then back into some cleaning.
    Have the best day
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I am not sure what to make of that article either. We all utilize food differently, so one size doesn't fit all, or does it ???? Is it our inability to measure the actual quantities that we are taking in ??? or the measure of exactly how much exersize we do ??? I don't know. I am rambling at the moment !!!
    no i dont think one size fits all. and i dont think one size fits us the whole of our lives either. i dont want to spend my life counting what i eat. and exercise works differently for all of us. think about how some things you love to do, even if they hurt. eg i love to do lunges with big weights or things you hate to do coz they hurt eg i hate leg extensions even tho they hurt less on a scale of 1 - 10 than lunges with big weights. some things you will naturally be better at without trying eg i can do the whole stack on the machine shrug. some things you will have to work your ass off for every gain eg. bench press am inching my way up and have gotten to be able to do 30kgs. and that's just weights. i've never been a sprinter or a good long distance runner. i'm more sort of all round middle distance obstacle racer. alot of this makes me think i dont need that many carbs as i maybe dont have that many type 2 muscle fibres. i will meditate on it some more as i am off for a walk now with the dog. no rain here. just over cast and misty. i should come home and clean but i will prob have to work.

i dont know if more fat does quell hunger. my eating problems are not hunger. they are a miriad of other reasons. i'm still looking for the key here but i am making headway. or seem to be atm.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I'm agreeing with that other thread on 'Odds and Ends' - that we take this stuff far too seriously, almost obsesively at times. I've done the calorie counting, the food diaries, the extreme cardio and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. This is why I like the Primal way because to me (after reading PB) it seemed like this was a very casual and relaxed lifestyle while still working to keep us trim and healthy. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watch Mark for a week or two just to see how laid back his approach really is. There seems to be this culture on MDA where we must calculate every macro nutrient that enters our body and manipulate these figures to force our bodies into behaving the way we want them to. I've seen some great improvements in my body doing Primal in a very casual manner - I'm starting to wonder if our expectations are too high?

Well DH has just heard back from Brunei about his job offer - they've gone and offered him pretty much the same as what he earns currently, although we'd get free accomodation and travel allowance and its all tax free. There are three guys at his work who have also been offered jobs at the same place so they all recieved these emails yesturday evening. One of them hit reply straight away and asked them if they were 'f**king joking', so I'd be guessing they won't be keeping his offer open now. DH had a bit of a think about it and replied to them that he could get work in Australia and they are currently offering around $50,000 more per year, also I wouldn't be able to work in Brunei so he'd have to make enough money to compensate for my loss of earnings.

So now we wait to see what they come back with. Not sure what game they are playing at? We've all heard that they pay very well so to go and offer us really bad money (NZ engineers are almost the lowest paid in the world) are they just trying their luck or maybe they are struggling financially? Very curious.

I'm agreeing with that other thread on 'Odds and Ends' - that we take this stuff far too seriously, almost obsesively at times. I've done the calorie counting, the food diaries, the extreme cardio and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life.
    i'm no good at calorie counting or any of those kinds of things and i hate the idea of having to put all my food thru something like fitday. whatever you do both nutritionally and exercisewise needs to be maintainable and needs to work for you. i did notice an interesting phenomena when my kids were at a certain alternative school here. a lot of the all organic families had sickly kids. i still maintain all that obsessing and stress is far worse for you than inorganic food every now and then. or the odd ciggie or shot of bourbon every now and then lol i also think people can make themselves out to be far more virtuous online than they really are irl.

interesting about the job offer politics LL. i always thought you got paid mega bux to go to the middle east.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    interesting about the job offer politics LL. i always thought you got paid mega bux to go to the middle east.
    Yeah mostly they do, DH has worked in the UK for huge money before and did some work in Qatar for a while when he was still unqualified so the money wasn't as good. His skills are very sought after now that he's fully qualified in Helicopters (did his initial training in fixed wing), so pretty much any country other than NZ pays extremely well. Of course its not all about the money and that is what has kept us in NZ for so long. If we did consider moving on then it would be a significant personal sacrifice and we would expect to be reasonably compensated for it. We do want our kids to experience other cultures and see the world so we are at a point where we will consider our options. DH could go back to Qatar fairly easily, but as with most Australian jobs they do 'touring', which means that he would work 2 weeks and then have 2 weeks off or 6/6 or whatever. I hate the idea of touring while the kids are so small, and it means that we would still be in NZ so wouldn't get much other than financial benefit. Not my idea of how a family should live.