Page 158 of 534 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 5333

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 158

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lacking motivation here too Zoe. I did clean out dd's room and went over the spare in anticipation of my parents coming tomorrow. And I want to ditch the baby bath and change table this afternoon as dd has finally decided that pooing in the toilet is for her! I think that is as far as my de cluttering will go this time though.

Had a wonderful swim at the beach yesturday. The water was so warm and no sign of any jelly fish thankfully! Had to get the kids home after an hour and a half because I started worrying about getting sunburnt, pity really but the sun is so relentless on the beach.

Off to work now and I am looking forward to a couple of days off this week. Will be very relaxing.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Not that I wear heels very often !
    i always feel like i am out in some bizzare BDSM gear when i wear heels these days.

planning on a swim this evening if it stays warm. the jelly fish were truly beautiful from the boat. floating circles of blue in varying sizes with frilly edges in jelly. i dont think i would want to swim with them either. altho they are prob preferable to sharks LOL

Oh I did read something in the paper this morning about a huge great white just out of Wellington. Eeep! Rather have the jellies too.

i do love sharks. just not to swim with. i am thinking of taking my wetsuit when we go out on the boat this avo. if we go past the top secret paua spot, i could have a dive. there were also a stack of dolphins in the harbour at the end of last week so i could leap in with them. at least the sharks wouldnt get me then LOL pav is in the oven. i resisted making some coconut creme brulee as i will be the only person eating it and i have enuf to eat already. recipe is here
    Coconut crème brûlée ditch the sugar or maybe put in coconut sugar or some honey and it will be all good.

Nice recipe. I need to get through the rhubarb sorbet first though.

My residents just gave me a nice platter of dried fruit and nuts for Christmas - isn't that lovely! Morning tea is looking damn fine just now.
    Last edited by Lizzielou; 12-23-2012 at 01:13 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Zoe - I reckon you have hit the nail on the head - re inlaws coming. Go with the flow. If you can't be bothered today, do it tomorrow, if not bothered tomorrow do it the next.... good luck

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i always feel like i am out in some bizzare BDSM gear when i wear heels these days.
    LOL - I am reading book 3 of fifty shades - a very appropriate comment !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i do love sharks.
    I also LOVE sharks - they are a mean killing machine, however I would not like to die that way, and am happy to watch them from the land - not from a small boat, or an underground tunnel, or a theme park..... all those Jaws movies are coming to mind !!!!!

LL well done on the fruit/nut platter - that will be a nice morning tea this morning !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    They come at 8:30 am on Wednesday. I need to get it all done by then.

Luckily, we went to the office and picked up some unused shelves. I'll be putting them in the closet for me to use to organize said closet.

First, I'm putting away the seasonal clothing -- heavy jackets, winter warm stuff, etc. Keeping out a sweater for each of us, our light jackets, and rain gear of coruse. I'm also putting away anything that we just aren't wearing at the moment, and clothing of DS's that he's too big for, but we don't have a home for yet (i have friends who might take it from us).

Then, I'm putting the shelves up so that we have a place for our pantry items (produce, too), as well as some space for DS's toys, books, and puzzles. I have a nice big basket that I can use for all of the puzzle pieces, another good basket that I can use for books, and then the rest already have homes (baskets or a shelf). SO, he should be golden once I get that sorted.

After that, we just do the deep cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing), and we are done. I will probably do the scrubbing tomorrow before we head out to the beach with our friends, as that bit takes about an hour all said and done. That includes scrubbing the fridge!

We're going to go and pick some pohutukawa and also DS will be making some ornaments out of some of his paintings, and we'll put those up, and he'll be a happy, happy camper. I think we are going to make FireBirds (phoenix!).

Anyway, I'm happy about that. It's a little bit of our own ceremony!

I also LOVE sharks - they are a mean killing machine, however I would not like to die that way, and am happy to watch them from the land - not from a small boat, or an underground tunnel, or a theme park..... all those Jaws movies are coming to mind !!!!!
    one of my ambitions is to go for a dive on the shark dive boat in stewart island.

Oh man. Here I was being all smug about having the Christmas shopping all done, only to remember half an hour ago that I need to get some marinated feta for uncle Alex. Seriously going to the supermarket on Christmas Eve is not on my list of things I wanted to do tonight but there it is. I'll leave it until just before closing but you'll hear me swearing all over the country if they've runout!

Kids are nearly asleep, then we can start prepping the stockings.

Weather has turned to crap in the last hour. Hoping it'll clear again for tomorrow so that we can fit in another swim at the beach. Was lovely this arvo.

Hope you are all going strong for tomorrow and don't have any last minute mercy dashes to the shops!

i have avoided the shops totally. it slipped my mind what i wanted to get so i didnt bother. it was stinking hot and i had whining arguing obnoxious sugared up kids so no way was i driving all the way to town lol i have just put my kids to bed so hopefully they will be asleep by darkness. then i can go outside and have a celebratory cigarette as i was self righteous enuf to dodge all the xmas sweets so far.