Page 156 of 535 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 156

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good luck with that LL

and welcome to all - to the day after, the day before.............. and might as well have another party to celebrate ....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Last class of the year today! I'm second guessing myself and considering doing a few over the holiday itself -- perhaps a lunch time on Thursday/Friday? Hmm. Maybe I'm making myself crazy.

Anyway, ILs are coming in a couple of days. I have a BBQ tonight, tomorrow is our big declutter/clean up the house before the ILs come, then sorting their housing with our neighbor, and working on using our other neighbor's kitchen for cookie making with MIL (our kitchen is very small).

And, I got a new bathing suit.

fantastic Zoebird. Good luck with ILs visit. I am sure it will be fantastic - if not put them on the interislander and wave good bye !!! LOL

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    looks like the world didnt end LOL had a good shot at the exhubby with the car this morning and i couldnt run him over! he actual lept out of his car as i was turning into the carpark next to him. i had to think if i was going to brake but i reckon i would prob have just dented my front guard and broken his leg at worst and then he would have whined lots. i had to brake quite hard and stop halfway into the carpark to miss him too. what an idiot!

had a great night last night as it was the end of the world. went to a party with the kids which was wild. could only stay till 8pm but we had pig on a spit, loads of salads and bread and butter ( which we didnt have ) unreal tho. no desserts, cakes or chocolates. more beer and bourbon and rum than you know what to do with but still. easy as food wise.

gotta face xmas baking soon. i think i have it down to pavlovas & mince pies both of which i can avoid. i have everything else. including, & i am very pleased about this, i got my almost 12yr old's b'day pressie for january too.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys, we were here in aus waiting to see if you guys copped it first, glad we are all still here

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh Zoe- good plan to de clutter. Might do a spot of it myself tomorrow. Although we had a good uplift of stuff a month ago there are still 'hot spots' that need seeing too.

Off to the supermarket later tonight to avoid the crowds. Other than tomorrow's farmers market, I think we will be set for the rest of the week.

Mil asked DH if we could bring a green salad and a fruit salad for Christmas Day. She then instructed him an what she wants in the fruit salad, as in fresh fruit, not from a can. Just goes to show how well she knows me. I've bet DH $10 that she'll also make herself, or get someone else to bring these two dishes as well, so no one will have to eat mine. It happens every year, and every year DH acts like I'm utterly paranoid and over reacting. I just can't be arsed.

Managed to talk DH out of bbq'ing a leg of lamb, so that's one Christmas win in my favour. I also had to reign him in on the puddings because he thought that fruit salad, trifle, and Christmas pudding wouldn't be enough. As soon as he started making noises about pav, I put my foot down!

Trying my hand at some rhubarb sorbet tonight. I found a great recipe with just rhubarb, honey and egg white - almost primal.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post

gotta face xmas baking soon. i think i have it down to pavlovas & mince pies both of which i can avoid. i have everything else. including, & i am very pleased about this, i got my almost 12yr old's b'day pressie for january too.
    how did the ginger bread house turn out seas ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Christmas
    LL well done on putting your foot down. Go to MILs, smile sweetly, eat whatever you feel like - and then go home and enjoy your own wee family !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    Hey guys, we were here in aus waiting to see if you guys copped it first, glad we are all still here
    danny darling boyz - how have you been???? we copped it alright !!!! My eggs didn;t set very well this morning, the head hurt from the morning after the night before, Dh didn't "put out" etc.......

...small steps....

Morning all - only two more sleeps til the jolly big red man comes a scooting down my chimney !!!!!
    sooooooo exciting.
    Dh bought me an early christmas pressie, so it will hopefully be on the wall by chrissy day.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psb27e7688.jpg

After some of the earthquakes, the hands on my old clock kept falling off, and it wouldn't tell the time. What to do with a non time telling old large clock ??????? I will find a use for it.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps91c1b2a5.jpg

any ideas - tell me please.
    I might brave the streets of CHCH today - to do some last minute stuff, but it will not be pretty in there !!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    how did the ginger bread house turn out seas ??????
    it looked pretty cool. the kids did it all on their own. not sure if we will make another one for xmas as there is just so much food already. i am off for a walk with the dog soon as the kids went to their dads last night. will have to avoid the beach as it will be way too full of people. then who knows. not sure i am up to braving the streets to do any shopping as it was nasty yesterday. have fun

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanx Seas - I will put my brave girl pants on - and just elbow those others out of the way LOL - or not !!!!!!!

...small steps....