Page 155 of 536 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 155

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    had a swift ride to town in my boardies and my assault boots. it was warm even which is very unusual once you get moving down here. very nice. been home. filleted some whole fish all on my own so as i can smoke them for xmas. amazing what you can do with a sharp knife. and if that jolly big red man comes anywhere near me, he will find out too! lol we are santaphobic in this house. interestingly he was sorta invented in his modern form by coke and they are one evil corporation. i was trying to persuade my middle daughter earlier this week to have a fun family outing with a pin and pop an inflatable santa for our xmas treat but she was too straight lol kinda sad when the kids are all more well behaved than their mum

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LOL yep it is kinda sad when they are straight up - fun teasing them as they get older thou !!!!!!!!
    What are your plans for our last day on this earth - tomorrow ?
    me.....oh same old same old............
    actually I might even hit the shops ? we shall see
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

well i dont have to get the kids till lunch and i borrowed a .22 magnum so i figured i was gonna go take a few bunnies out with me. except the bolt action has jammed. back to the boring old .22. i may go cruise on the hog, run around the beach naked, go wild and do some xmas shopping. the world really is my oyster lol

enjoy the bunny shoot Seaweed.............and the skinny dipping...............and the wild oyster shopping !!!! LOL

...small steps....

LOL i dont have to pay for oysters! we have them around here if you know where to look. it's the morning and i am still alive. it is very quiet out there tho. maybe i need to start on the whisky and the chocolate?

gorgeous day here - let the party begin !!!!!!

...small steps....

the met service isnt optimistic here at all. it says it is gonna rain from midday with a south west change.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Another warm day here, although it is overcast. Busy busy rushing around the office this morning getting all sorted for my 3 week holiday. Just enough time to throw together some ham rolls for their Happy Hour tonight, then I'm outa here.

We are having big decision time in our household ATM. DH had been offered a job in Brunei of all places. He gets job offers in far flung places fairly often but apparently its quite the acheivement to get into Brunei, so now we must decide. I'm quite up for a bit of adventure after being stuck in New Plymouth for the last 8 years. It will be hard being away from family while the kids are small though, and DS is in a really good school (not that they're not good in Brunei though) and I'd have to quit my beloved job and be a housewife! Hmmmmmm, what to do?

wow thats a coincidence. My son-in-laws father was offered a job in Brunei, he works for AirNZ, but turned it down. That was 2 years ago??? the money was HUGE, but that is also a huge decision. Good luck with the pros and con list. And its good to reassess and re-evaluate every so often. It is hard to move out of your comfort zone too - however it can sometimes "makeith the man" - as it were !!!!!
    Not helping - I know !!!!!!!!!
    so the end of the world is nigh....however I am pretty sure we will be chatting away on MDA tomorrow as per usual !!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Morning all.

Gwamma - good to hear that they are offering big money in Brunei. We haven't seen the 'package' yet so we don't know what the money will be like. We would get tax free wages, free home to live in, a lump sum annually for travel, and health insurance. That is all we know as yet. The wages would at least have to cover DH current salary, plus mine and then some to make it worthwhile.

Nice cruisey day planned today. No sports or swimming lessons this morning which is a pleasant change of pace. Dd has a little friend coming to play so I suppose I had better get up and have a shower.