Page 153 of 534 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 153

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    does your coconut cream partially set in the tin? i get that stuff but i am also much prefering the trade aid organic coconut milk my new world has in the organic section. i think it is almost as high fat as the coconut cream, but it is creamy and not set when i try to get it out of the tin. i usually put it in curries, and also in baked custards and creme brulees. or in coffee creamer if i am trying to ditch dairy. i put it in mug cakes too and cakes if i bake them. i did find a real nice recipe for a white chocolate coconut cake which had ganache icing on. white chocolate and coconut cream. i cant do sugar anymore and the kids dont like coconut that much so it would be a recipe for disaster but it looked good. creamed coconut is pretty awesome. i may get myself a jar for xmas.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Seas, yep it does partially set in the tin, thick and creamy.
    I do have some coconut recipes somewhere but I haven't been a huge fan up until now.....but it is an aquired taste.
    praps I could have the white chocy coconut cream recipe sometime? thank you
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    health checks came back perfect, now i'm just waiting on the FBI. they said they wouldn't accept my application with the affidavits at this point, but might in January. So, I just wait on the FBI.

here you go G! White chocolate coconut citrus cake i so could very easily make that GF and it would be super yummy but so not what i am needing to eat right now. managed not to cry when the school bus dropped the kids off for the last time. the f*ckers at the ministry are cutting our rural school bus so no one is very impressed at all. the woman who drives it has been doing it for 12 years and our kids are safe with her which is huge. anti beauracracy day here today =(

I am so feeling for you Seas and thank you for the recipe.

take care
    x

...small steps....

Well Done Zoes - you are one step closer to becoming a Kiwi - yehaa

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Indeed. Made Raw coconut fudge at home. Honey, coconut oil, and unsweetened cocoa. melt coconut oil, mix everything in until smooth, then poor into a sheet, and let set. Easy done.

i make fudge with honey for the kids and whatever nut butter i have and some vanilla. they prefer it to real fudge. you need to boil up the honey so as it sets when it is cold and then just stir in stuff like tahini, or almond butter or creamed coconut. chopped nuts etc. vanilla essence. they dont like it with cocoa or with coconut oil but i can see the appeal myself.

Morning all - I made a reduced sauce last night from coconut cream and blue cheese. I put it over some burgers that I had frozen a month or so ago. I made the burgers with nuts, beetroot, kumara, spinach and LSA.
    Really yummy dinner, but it was so filling I didn't eat much. I cannot believe how filling coconut cream is.
    Off to Culvie today to get my hair done !!!!!! am looking forward to that. I will have to go for a walk/jog/sprint when I get home.
    No alcohol - again - last night, so that has to be a good thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Catch you all later

...small steps....

we had steak with blue cheese sauce last night! simple dinner. bash some rump steak with a tenderising mallet. fry in butter. chop into pieces, throw in some blue cheese and some cultured cream and some salt and pepper and cook till it's all melted. i've never liked that LSA stuff but the rest of the burgers sound divine. something icky about linseeds and flax seeds which i think are the same? i never can do flax seed oil either. or hemp oil which is sposed to be so good for you. euww!!!! i am off to sweep the floor of the woolshed this morning as one of the neighbours is crutching lambs. looks like a nice day so the kids can either help or play outside in the sun.