Page 152 of 534 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 152

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Hi kiwis . I'm just stopping by to wish you all a very happy summer. I'm still off the diet sodas, and haven't replaced that addiction with anything else either .

I'll catch up with you all again next year!
    Wow Jac, its so hard to believe that this year is pretty much done and dusted. Hope that you have the best relaxing break.

Have just arrived home from the Oxford christmas parade. Huge crowd, and am I sick of making animal balloons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They were gone in a flash, and then I spent the next 3 hours blowing up more.....and more.....and more....
    It must be 30 degrees out there !!!! so very hot.
    Anyway fantastic day, now its swim time !!!!
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Morning everyone - I am hoping that everyone is well, including whanau and pets, especially the wee dog Misabi.
    Another beautiful day here in North Canterbury. I dreamt of twisting animal balloons last night - and I never remember my dreams LOL.
    The christmas festivities have cranked up another gear around here. Not many free nights at all between now and christmas. However it is that time of year, and it is fabulous catching up with family and friends.
    I spoke to our youngest DD in Indiana, on skype, and they might just get a white christmas.....oh I wish !!!!! She is absolutely loving her stay in your beautiful America Joanie, but I can't wait to get my baby girl home....still 6+ months thou
    Have been for an hours walk this morning. I headed out at 6.30am, and it was so hot - I could feel the sun burning on the back of my neck !!!!!
    Home for a breakfast of fried chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms on a bed of lettuce, and now its 'puter work'. At least the upstairs office is cool.
    have the best day peoples
    x

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi Gwamma (and all). I'm so glad your daughter is enjoying herself. This can be a beautiful country - just gotta ignore all the malls and generiscaping (a term for the fact that every small city has McD, Burger King, Midas Muffler, Walmart, etc.).

We won't be getting snow here in New Orleans. In fact, after a brief cold spell where I actually ran my heater for a whopping two days, it's about 75F right now. (I think that's about 24C.)

2012 is almost over! I love a new year. Fills me with the feeling that anything is possible.

She is loving it, and all the wonderful people. Her host family are just gorgeous, and I can't wait to meet them when we go over next year. DD tells me that she has managed to keep her weight constant since arriving over there, and she doesn't really enjoy dickdonalds etc....... so that is a positive.
    24C is a huge hot winter day !!!!! in fact almost topless sunbathing weather !!!!!
    i agree about the new year....bring it on !!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all.

Funny dreams gwamma! My father reckons he never dreams, my mother says thats because he has no imagination!

In a funk at work this morning, can't really be arsed doing anything. On the upside I just secured an appointment with a promising prospect for one of our units that has come up for sale in the village. Its a hard job working on sales and this couple I've been chipping away at since June, but they are finally ready it would seem. Fingers crossed I can charm them tomorrow (then I'll really have a christmas worth celebrating - complete with a hefty commission to spend).

Think I might try a spot of retail therapy later, I've got a few items to pick up at Briscoes and the garden centre too.

Trying to figure my way around a new camera I've bought for DH for christmas. I usually leave that sort of buying up to him, but I was getting desperate to find him a present. Our old camera is about 6 years old now and the lens cover doesn't close anymore and the kids are so rough with it. So we bought DS a kids camera for christmas, and then I found an Olympus camera on sale, that is supposed to be super rugged, waterproof, shockproof - all that. So I figured DH can use it at the beach and when out and about and we can still use our older but better quality one for more controlled (inside) situations. I need to get it a case and a memory card now, so each of the kids can give him one as their gift. Now I know why I normally leave this stuff up to DH, its so confusing! MB's and pixels and shutter speeds, and internal memory..................well they do say its good to learn a new skill? LOL

Had a wonderful weekend up here with the weather just being perfect. I spent about 5 hours in my vege patch which is now looking freaking fantastic. DD was so tired after our busy outdoors weekend that she fell asleep on the sofa at 4.15pm yesturday and didn't wake up until 6.30am this morning. DS is staying with Granny for a few days and was still asleep at 8.30 am this morning! Not like the kids I know at all, it must be all the christmas excitement. They did the compulsory mall visit to santa for a photo yesturday and they were so overwhelmed they didn't know what to do with themselves and this was after DS said that he was going to pull on santa's beard to see if it would come off. He just got so caught up in the moment it didn't even occur to him - very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    DD tells me that she has managed to keep her weight constant since arriving over there, and she doesn't really enjoy dickdonalds etc....... so that is a positive.
    Did anyone see the best of Top Gear last night? Jeremy Clarkson fixed an enormous outboard boat motor to the back of a ute and commented that it was like having an American sitting on the back of his truck - 600lbs!

LL - all the best of kiwi luck for the sale. It is nice when hard work is rewarded, especially at this time of the year.
    My DH bought himself a lovely camera during the year, and I need to get a case for it for his chrissy pressie, but not sure where to go. Would love some help with that one. I have actually just gotten him a couple of PINK shirts !!!!! They are so nice, and I am sure he will look great with these and his cream moleskins !!
    Where are you headed for chrissy day ???

...small steps....

Haha, my DH is Maori and his brown hair and brown skin looks lovely in pink. He used to have a pink shirt but I don't think it was top of his list to wear.

I'll let you know about the camera case, I want to get a nice one if possible so I'm going to head to some camera/photo shops to check them out.

Staying put for chrissy day. DH has to work so I wanted to keep it quiet, but of course he has gone and gotten us invited to his parents place for lunch (always a massive stress for me). My parents are arriving late afternoon, so we are having a BBQ dinner with some other famliless friends also. I was thinking sausages and salad and trifle, DH is thinking BBQ roast lamb, at least three different desserts, and as many types of salad with hors d'oeuvres to start. Trying reign him in on that.

LOL - I bet he looks fabulous in pink !!!!!!!
    and good luck with the reigning in !!!!!!

...small steps....

morning all - raining here, but we need it after yesterdays 31 degrees !!!!!!
    Went for a run/jog/sprint this morning. Only 30 minutes, but thats 30 minutes more than this time last week !!!!
    Have a huge headache this morning, so have lathered with peppermint oil to deal with that one.
    I haven't had much to do with coconut cream up until now, but have cooked a couple of meals lately, incorporating coconut cream, and I cannot believe how filling it is
    anyways off to do some ironing
    laters

...small steps....