Page 151 of 532 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 151

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The emergency supplies that I am considering would be pickled eggs and fermented veg, jerky and biltong, dried and then honey-preserved preserved fruits. we are cool with rice and quinoa, too (technically not primal). coconut oil keeps really well, so no worries on that front, and we also have powdered cocoa (we could make raw fudge). Salt, pepper, honey, and some spices are probably a good idea, too, and then some canned bone broth set aside.

You do have to label things though, because everything has an expiration, and then you have to eat and replace. I think that's the hardest part of the equation -- the upkeep.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that is the good thing about ours is they are all on the hoof so to speak so i am prob better off hoarding bullets. the rest of the things like coconut oil, honey,cocoa, coffee and so on we use anyways and i try not to run out. we can eat seaweed, puha and watercress too which all grow nearby. and i know where fresh water springs are.

I know where we have a fresh spring near by, and I can find several herbs around all year round, but I don't know how to hunt/fish. I could do mussels, though, without too much trouble, and I have neighbors who can fish -- so I'm sure we'd all come together anyway.

We usually just buy what we use week-to-week, since storage is a premium.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I have neighbors who can fish -- so I'm sure we'd all come together anyway.

We usually just buy what we use week-to-week, since storage is a premium.
    I agree with you on that one Zoebird. With all the natural disasters that I have been part of - people pull together and help each other out, however you get the best and the worst out of people. Thats what stress does to people I suppose. In fact I have always said - if you are employing people to work for you - take them away for the weekend and put them under stress. Their TRUE character will come to the fore !!!! - and sometimes that aint pretty !!!!

I have spent years buying in bulk, because it was a three hour round trip to Christchurch, and I am having a hard time giving up this habit. Great when you live remotely, but not necesary when its only a 40 min round trip to the shops. I fnd myself buying 6lbs of butter instead of 1 - I will have to really try harder to sort this one out !!!!
    What have all my wee friends got planned for the weekend ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I teach in about an hour, and then we have several parties.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    no kids so i am about to go for a walk with the dog, ride the motorcycle and then maybe go fishing. not sure about tonight or tomorrow yet. i overslept this morning lol

Wow party time - enjoy the walk seaweed, and enjoy the parties - plural Zoebird. I am off to do some lengths.
    laters !!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 12-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.

...small steps....

Well I managed 100 lengths of our little short pool, but forgot to ventolin up beforehand. However came out with a small cough, but havnt ventolined yet, so I will see where this goes. I am sure that my asthma has improved very slightly since starting this primal journey..... but ?????? The experimenting has begun !
    Tomorrow we are involved in a Lions Christmas parade, so I am blowing up and making animal balloons all day - yay for me !!!!!!!
    I am not that good at them, however its easy to make the basic giraff/dog/mouse shape...so hopefully thats all that the kids will want !!!!!! but it won't be, so I might need to experiment before hand !!!

...small steps....

cool. i've been in debates on fb over gun control since I've been home. Truly annoying, to be honest.

The hardest part is the non-americans going on and on about how "antiquated" our laws (or lack there of) are, even though they have no clue about those laws. Provide a comparative analysis, and it turns out that some states are like NZ, others are like Norway, others are like the UK, others are like Germany, etc. Thus, US law is keeping up just fine with the rest of the developed western world, TYVM.

Ironically, the people who are criticizing the laws the most dont' even realize that we have the laws that they keep saying that we need, and in some cases, their own countries don't have the same laws that they "demand" that we "immiedately put in force!" WTF?

It's offensive.

Add to that that study after study shows that gun control doesn't decrease gun violence, anyway, which indicates that the violence that we are seeing is not related to guns. . . but something else.

And that we won't solve the problem until we identify what that "something else" *is* and do something about it. And by we, I mean all of us and I also mean just those in the country where it happens (which is a lot of places, not just the US).

Seriously, it's frustrating.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi kiwis . I'm just stopping by to wish you all a very happy summer. I'm still off the diet sodas, and haven't replaced that addiction with anything else either .

I'll catch up with you all again next year!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus