Page 15 of 532 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 15

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    NZBee basically says it as is.

What I've noticed every time that I've gone to tribunal is that I'll send people friendly reminders "hi, guess what, you owe me this." And then I get no response, so I wait, and then call, email, send a letter, and then finally go "if you don't respond within 24 hrs, I'll file for the tribunal." And then I don't hear anything, and then I file and they they come in all scared like "why are you doing this to me?" and I'm like "i gave you every opportunity to act on our contract, why didn't you?" and the court goes "yes, pay them what you owe."

And then I have to threaten to send the bailiff before they pay me.

THAT head in the same behavior.

Or, in a smaller way, "I have been thinking about this for a long time now, and so i'm going to just pull out at the very last second because I wasn't happy with a small thing that happened, but I never brought it up and I've been stewing over it and now I'm angry with you for it having happened and I'm going to call you names about it, and then, I totally expect you to have no hard feelings about it even though I know that you did about 10 hours of work on my behalf setting up for this thing that I'm pulling out on at the very last minute and it's really rude of you to ask me to pay you for the time that I said that I would rent from you when I cancel at the last minute how dare you!"

All of which could have been avoided if, you know, when you were first upset about the minor thing, you would have spoken up and we could have made it work. Or, you could have given us more notice, and we wouldn't have done that 10 hours of work and wouldn't have charged you because you would have given us enough notice that we could have found another person to rent it.

DUH.

In terms of clients, I can do online clients, actually. I do this new thing where I make personalized yoga videos for people, focusing on what they want to work on. It's $125 for the hour talking session where I ask questions and we do some mobility stuff so that I can understand what you want/need), and then it's $65 per hour for a half-hour lesson after that, which we do every month, to answer questions, help with alignment, and so on. If you want another video (which would progress off the first one), then I'll make another for an additional $30 (on top of the $65 of the lesson) simply because of the time it takes to create the video and such).

So, the most basic is $125 for the initial meeting and video, then 2x $65 for the follow up lessons (total -- $255). And then on-going $65 for any continuing half hour follow ups, and an additional videos at $30. Most videos are 20 minutes long, though I do make shorter and longer ones.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Wow Zoe, I shouldn't have asked cos its got me thinking about all the horrid people that have done this sort of stuff to us over the years. There are some tossers in our little godzone.... but hey I won't start cos i won't stop. In fact my children say (when I start on the topic) Mum build a bloody bridge !!!! I have got the tools and I think I am about half way across said bridge !!!!!! LOL
    Hey good luck with the Yoga buisness. I have never tried it, but have heard that it is so good for you.
    Am now off to tube feed wee calf !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

If you defrost it in the microwave....make sure there are no pellets still in the bird !!! LOL
    Ha! I have never thought of that.
    What happens?

(as I spy on your Kiwi thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    Ha! I have never thought of that.
    What happens?

(as I spy on your Kiwi thread)
    Daniel my darling boy......... what do you think might happen ???????? !!!!!!!!!

G

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it 'splodes.

also, to answer that question that I didn't answer -- I run yoga classes at the studio, and we are currently seeing 120 a week with a capacity of 360 for those classes, so I'd like to get them up to that number over the next year or so.

Honestly, I'd like to eventually have 44 classes on the schedule and run workshops and continuing education, and I'd also like to franchise the business. looks like that process of franchising will involve actually opening a second location, so I'm starting to figure that part out as well as the franchising aspect. so that's the BIG picture.

to facilitate this growth, i have new teachers that I'm training (that is, they are certified, and I'm providing more education) and bringing into classes, as well as doing three different new marketing pushes. We're transitioning to a different booking and POS system, which will make things nicer for our current (and then on-going) clients.

And, in the other section of the business, I'm looking to bring on some new practitioners. We are working on our new prospectus, and will go out and actively seek practitioners by making appointments, seeing how their offerings go, and then approaching them about the opportunity to work with us if they want. Hopefully, this will bring in some new people, and really get things humming along.

I have lots of ideas.

Zoe - you go girl. This is great stuff, and it will happen, because YOU will make it happen and I wish you all the very best.

G x

...small steps....

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Daniel my darling boy......... what do you think might happen ???????? !!!!!!!!!

G
    Haha. I haven't ever contemplated it But now I have, I want to *see* what happens...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Next time, why not try making a primalish banana bread with your iffy bananas - last weekend I made this one Banana Bread Macnifique! muffin sized
    i have learnt that it is easier to make something i shouldnt or cant eat, as generally i am the only one who eats that sorta primal/paleo substitute baking which is not a good thing. often if i go places, and the kids arent there, i will buy a decent packet of chocolate biscuits and just say i had to work so couldnt bake. i cant eat them at all so no temptation, no dramas.
    Haha. I haven't ever contemplated it But now I have, I want to *see* what happens...
    curiosity killed the cat lol. do you have any shotgun pellets or are you going to have to substitute? 2 funny. had a very primal day today. dodged yet another banana cake bullet figuratively speaking as me and the choc banana cake minus my purse or any coffee to keep me going went whitebaiting with the guys. they drink beer constantly so dont need to eat. i dont drink beer and need to eat. i ended up eating raw streaky bacon lol it's cured so i am not stressing and miraculously i am quite fine. and i didnt have any banana cake either! got some kina, some paua and some whitebait so a good haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    NO DANIEL - that would not be ok bahaviour, even for a male. Absolutely NOT, definately NOT, I will smack some butt NOT !!!!!!!!
    Instead, go to the local preschool sandpit and play with the tractors OK !!!!!!
    Bloody hell these Australians are sooooooooooooo naughty !!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    lmao unless you put a live shotgun cartridge in the microwave, you'll prob get more entertainment from something big and metal like a teaspoon than a little lead pellet. i think it is more the unexpected nature of what you think is a game bird randomly sparking and making popping noises that is fun. or not so, depending on how you get on with those things lol
    continuing to dodge the cake bullet here. went out fishing with the cake. managed to give a fair bit of what was left away. there was only beer or gin so no temptation in the alcohol dept. much as i love boats and fishing too, i had drugged myself to the eyeballs with the only OTC i ever take so i was not wanting to rock the boat. so 2 home made sausages, 2 hardboiled eggs and a flask of decaf coffee, plus one incredibly watery cup of tea with a smidgen of that ultra low fat milk in.
    i got all the frames, heads and livers to take home. i even cooked the livers for tea and they tasted good which really surprised me. 2 weeks now without any sugar so maybe my tastes have changed enough to deal with them.