Page 149 of 536 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 149

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yes no way will you get actual noodley noodles from zucchini. you can make them less soggy by sweating them in a colander for 30 mins or so with some salt but they are still strips of zucchini however you package it. since i have always liked zucchini more than pasta, i dont mind. mung bean starch is poss still better in moderation than all that faleo baking with almond butter and chocolate so moderation. you got 20% to play with if you really feel that way inclined. pity we cant get those kelp noodles here. i have thought of attacking a bull kelp stem with my julienne peeler to see what i can do. i have pickled bull kelp stems before and they were yummy but i still reckon you would get rubbery noodles.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah some of those noodle subs sound pretty horrific. I don't usually bother to sub, I just add a stinking load of extra vege to bulk out my portion of the meal.

My cooking class has finished for the year so I have a lot more of my 20% to play with now that I don't totally go off the rails every thursday night. I tried some pretty fantastic food over the last two terms though so it was nice to just go with the flow and try whatever we made without making noises about not eating certain things. When I get home I take the recipes and just recreate them primal style. Havn't found a way to primalise roti's yet though LOL!

zucchini noodles are really just part of the stinking load of extra vege to bulk. i usually just put them in one of those protein garbage stir fries. which is some form of meat from mince thru to chopped up pieces of chicken breast. pan fried with onions and maybe a bit of garlic and whatever sliced up, chopped or diced veges i have in the house. plus some strips of omlette.

roti are those potato filled chupati or naan breads? i did used to love samosas. potato and pea curry, curried potato and cauliflower. yumm!! there are recipes around here for naan breads with tapioca starch and other things. but we are back into faleo territory or sex with your pants on as the whole 30 peeps call it. pass me the cigarette as i need to go outside lol

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yeah roti are pan fried flat breads, you can roll up the uncooked dough with some potato curry then fry the little bundle or even with a mince curry inside. Yum. But as with most things, its pointless trying to faleo this stuff. I'd rather just have a little blow out on the real thing from time to time. As I've prooved over the last 7months, I can get away with that way of eating (so long as I keep it to a minimum) without starting the dreaded weight gain.

Mmmmm naan bread........with garlic ghee.......I'll need a cigarette next!

lmao i used to love naan breads. and croissants. that is another thing i miss. not the nasty chocolate or almond ones dusted in icing sugar but the real proper european ones. portuguese ones are to die for. i think i would come back looking like jubbu the hut if i ever made it to europe again. not only that i would be so ill and so totally crazed and wired, i'd prob have a punch up with the first person who looked at me funny or made a sheep joke. so yeah, i would be focussing on the duty free european cigarettes big time. gitanes, gauloise, filterless camels oh my. do not croissants sound a whole heap more appetising lol zucchini noodles are nice btw with kina. my fave way to eat kina in fact other than straight out of the shell on the beach. stir fry a finely chopped onion and some garlic. add the sweated zucchini noodles. when they are all cooked. move them to one side of the pan. add in a bit more butter. put in a couple of beaten eggs and the kina and scramble them together. then serve everything with some salt and pepper. you'd need to make more for more than one person. i make them with the scrambled egg mixture and without the kina as well. they are nice with scallops or prawns like that too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    medical appointment went really well. Weight at 58 kgs, height the same, everything normal, blood was DARK red, good urine analysis. hold on the x-ray for the moment. BP was 108/67; heart rate was also low (can't remember the number); and overall everything looks good.

looks like I won't get to submit the paperwork tomorrow, but hopefully next week will do it!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    that all sounds great Zoebird. I hope that you get the paperwork submitted tomorrow - then you can tick that one off the list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Misabi - I am hoping the wee frella is better by the day !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I can't submit it until I have two more parts -- X-ray and affidavits (since the FBI information hasn't come yet). So, it won't happen tomorrow.

Hawk is really fighting bed time. It's extremely annoying. The neighbor's christmas party doesn't help.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    The big fur ball has forgotten anything has happened, doesn't understand why he keeps getting yelled at for bouncing around like a pup or why he has to be on the lead to go into the garden.. So yep, much much better :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that is good to know misabi. how long does he have to behave? you would think the heat in auckland would slow him down a bit. my neighbour has a shepherd and she definitely is nowhere near as energetic when we think it is hot