Page 148 of 535 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 148

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...1252774_n1.jpg

okay found a photo of my naughty little red car. This was on the way to DDs wedding. She found out that she was pregnant so we had to do the shotgun thing. When we stopped to check on the girls we noticed that Barbie with the boobies had slipped into the horizontal position on the grill.....quite appropriate !!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Oh Misabi, that poor wee frella - but wonderful that he is home recovering, with you guys. And thank goodness you were onto it.
    heres to a speedy recovery - (I am raising my coffee with cream)
    G X
    Thanks Gwamma. Just a shame our gp vet didn't realise what it was on Saturday. That would've saved him a lot of pain.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...1252774_n1.jpg

okay found a photo of my naughty little red car. This was on the way to DDs wedding. She found out that she was pregnant so we had to do the shotgun thing. When we stopped to check on the girls we noticed that Barbie with the boobies had slipped into the horizontal position on the grill.....quite appropriate !!!! LOL
    Ha ha ha :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Wow Misabi. Poor wee fella! The mind boggles about how these things happen, I'm picturing a spleen doing sommersaults......weird. Glad he's getting better now though. So what are the long term issues with having a spleen removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Wow Misabi. Poor wee fella! The mind boggles about how these things happen, I'm picturing a spleen doing sommersaults......weird. Glad he's getting better now though. So what are the long term issues with having a spleen removed?
    Apparently very little impact long term in an healthy animal. The liver and kidneys are capable of taking up the slack from a blood filtering perspective. If they have a compromised immune system it can be an issue because the spleen plays a part in the immune system.

The stomach gets part of its blood supply from the spleen but apparently that sorts itself out in a week or two.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    aww misabi, i feel so much better now. i was dreading you appearing and saying it was all over as i know how much animals mean to us all. if there is a chance of cancer, it is supposed to be a fungus. i do not know if this really is true but give your boy lots of green tripe for the probiotics, totally absolutely avoid any treats with grains in and i am sure you will be giving him lots of pack time so as he feels secure and happy! and i am not really telling you what to do lol just yay! you have your dog back and he will be fine. in your position, i wouldnt be letting the vet vaccinate him for anything either while he is there. and i do realise that statement in itself is controversial so that one is your choice too.

crack up on the car gwamma! a friend of mine has a barbie that gets into all sorts of strange places. and a matching ken who is often seen in the gun cupboard wearing a dress!!

gym went well today btw. am up to lunging with 21kg weights in either hand. funny how the hard bit is moving them around to get to carry them and put them away. i did 30kg on the bench press. just 10 reps with the last one sorta assisted. so big jumps on all my weights. i have worked out too where post workout brain fade comes from. i often miss the door to the car park on the way down the stairs from the gym if i am trying to txt at the same time lol they do all look the same but there is a sign. it is coz i low carb usually. my muscles obviously need glycogen so they grab it and my brain slows down for a while. or that is my excuse and i am sticking to it!

Mung Bean Noodles? Anyone know anything about them?

I had no idea they existed, but I had previously been eating them (pre-primal) thinking they were rice noodles. At last weeks cooking class our tutor made some delicious fried noodles with mince and she pointed out that the noodles were actually made from mung beans not rice - which is why they sell them in the vege section at the supermarket. Suddenly it all makes sense!

I've searched MDA about them to see if they are Primal but failed to come up with a definitive answer. Google tells me that they are very high in carbs though. I'm thinking they would be OK as a sometimes meal?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    mung beans are a legume so they wouldnt be primal. i would even hazard a guess rice noodles are better for you are they are just starch whereas legumes have antinutrients in them. i dislike legumes with a vengeance so i am very biased against eating them lol i have no idea why i dont like them as they dont appear to have any negative effects on me but just the thought makes my stomach shudder. kinda like the thought of drinking meths does.

i make noodles with julienned zucchini. not very crispy tho.

Are they made from the sprout or the legume?

I'm thinking that deep frying zucchini in coconut oil will only lead to soggy, oily zucchini!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh its OK I just Wiki'd the answer: Mung bean starch, which is extracted from ground mung beans, is used to make transparent cellophane noodles
    Bugger, they were damn fine too.