Page 141 of 534 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5333

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 141

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Enjoy your outing Gwamma
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yeah have fun gwamma! it was definitely a bit adventurous out today with the freezing cold wind and the rain. i almost got blown into the sea a few times with the dog lol weekend now. we are going to try to make a test GF gingerbread house sometime tomorrow. i've negociated the kids down to chocolate buttons on this one. we're also getting the saw and going to go liberate a feral pine tree for our xmas tree. do our bit for the environment.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning. It was an interesting evening. The show was about four woman who go over to england, a Roger Hall ? I think. It was THE most boring two hours that I have ever experienced !!!!!!!! DH kept giving me the "OMG when will this be over" look !
    We were with a group of 8 and only one wanted to stay. I tell you that I will be vetting the next one ! LOL We went to an Indian restaurant after, The Maharaja
    OMG we have just had a very large earthquake. I am soooooooo hoping that they don't start up again !!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Have just gone onto to Geonet and there was a 5.8 near Tokoroa 5 minutes ago!

...small steps....

come live down here gwamma. i still have no idea how they can say the earthquakes have stopped. exhubby is up doing the rebuild too lol at least you got to go out for indian food after. i do find it all a bit starchy now and it feels wierd just eating the curry when i am out without any rice or anything else with it. expecially since i cant indulge my love of indian sweets for dessert anymore. when i lived in london, there used to be a little shop up the road from me that sold proper indian sweets. barfi, gulab jamman, halwa(sp?), kulfi etc. since i make fudge with honey and nut butters, i reckon it could potentially be doable to make a barfi knock off with coconut milk or creamed coconut and honey and pistachios but who needs the temptation lol

I have never tried Indian sweets ? so not sure what they taste like.
    Yep I would love to come and live down there by the sea, but you wouldn't like all my baggage !!!! theres the iron cookware, marybella the calf, billy the bas--d and Fibi the Slap-er, Horse, my little anna stretton creation, the library etc.....

...small steps....

LOL Gwamma! i only have an acre so you may need to get Zoe to give you some decluttering hints. just dont try indian sweets, avoid them like the plague. they are like crack cocaine if you can get the real thing. and by the real thing, i mean the indian sweets the chicks i went to school withs little indian or pakistani gwammas made. not some packet fake. not sure where you are on things like rice pudding where you boil milk down to reduce it. it gets all sweet and fudgy almost? the skin on the top of the custard? imagine all those yummy flavours and add cardamon and cinnamon or maybe some vanilla or some saffron. some flaked or ground almonds or pistachios, a bit of rosewater, and it is all rapidly downhill faster than warp speed on the USS enterprise!

LMFAO - you are a classic seas !!!!!!
    anyways planning on a trip south next easter. We usually do a jet boating trip somewhere, and Haast is it next time. We have actually done this trip 3 x before, but its great.
    Love the Arawhata, Haast, Landsborough, Waitoto and Wilkin rivers, so will do all of those again and more.
    We also will do some tiny wee canals through into the Maori lakes. Amazing country, but the canals are so narrow, that you cant turn around or stop, but you are boating blind pretty much. Quite an exciting trip - that one......
    We are also planning on doing the Hollyford at some stage. But this involves a helicopter to lift the boat down the falls and then up the falls on the way back. DH will need to practice his shooting, as lots of hunting/fishing down there !
    So I am planning on a visit - so look out !!!!!!

...small steps....

and don't you others think that you have gotten away with anything either !!!!!!!
    I will be doing a roadie up the country at some stage, so LL, Zoes, Misabi, Annie - batten down the hatches - cos Gwammas on her way....well actually just not yet....and Daniel fire don't think you get off that easily - Austrailia aint that far away....and Paleobird, Joanie, etc..... the world is a very small place. Hopefully thou - when I do come and visit - there will be less of me !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning ladies. Just checking in from Auckland. Having a lovely relaxing time even if our flights were cancelled so we had to face a 4 hour drive here yesturday.

Off to brunch with a very dear friend shortly then some shopping I hope. Went to the new bond movie last night - can thoroughly recommend it.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends.