Page 14 of 533 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 14

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Great that your shoulder is coping!

Yeah, I've done the pellets in the microwave trick - makes lots of pretty sparks . And some pretty interesting noises, too.
    Jac - I love it. I thought that I was the only blonde one on this forum !!!!!! ( no disrespect for all the actual blonde people out there, mine is from a bottle ).
    Actually years ago we walked the milford track with three female indian Doctors. They kept calling one of the three " the bombay blonde" She was quite ditsy for a dr !! but anyway thats what they call black haired ditsy girls in India - or so they said !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    There is one guy on the rock or edge or something, who talks about paleo quite a bit. Not sure who, or which station, but its great that the word is getting out there.
    Yeah it's either Fletch or Vaughan and the girl who co-hosts with them on the edge, both are paleo.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Actually years ago we walked the milford track with three female indian Doctors. They kept calling one of the three " the bombay blonde" She was quite ditsy for a dr !! but anyway thats what they call black haired ditsy girls in India - or so they said !!!!!
    Ah yes I have had the pleasure of knowing a Phillipino Blonde!

Wow Lizzielou, welcome to senior membership.

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I thought that I was the only blonde one on this forum !!!!!!
    hell no. i have had long blonde hair my whole life too. useful to hide behind at times of putting game birds with shotgun pellets in the microwave lol talking of bullets, i dodged a huge one in the form of warm gluten free banana cake with milk chocolate icing. it was nasty as it smelt divine but i had to get rid of the bananas so my plan was to bake it and send it away with the kids to the ex's hse. they ate some and then left it behind by accident. i did a deal with myself. i had some parmesan with my coffee and cream and i made myself some liver and heart pate. it worked thankfully. and now. i know where the cake is and it isnt calling me.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Great self control, Seaweed.

I can't believe how many of you have microwaved bullets! My little explosion of leftover No Name Stew all over the microwave today simply pales by comparison.

Nothing quite like a piece of lead to liven things up !!!!!!

...small steps....

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I'm actually blond, so. . .

we haven't had a microwave in the house since 2000, and there's one at the office that is technically "ours" but everyone else uses it except us. we just eat our lunch cold. Yummy. our microwave broke, then, and we just never replaced it, btw. it wasn't some tin-foil hat situation.

i would like to triple my number of clients in the next year. I wonder how reasonable that is. . .

Also, can I kindly ask kiwis to NOT put their heads in the sand and dither? It's super freaking annoying.

I have seriously never eaten a person for coming up and being honest and open and needing to discuss what our mutual needs are in business. Why stew, then dither, then procrastinate on talking to someone, and then create a massive huff at the last minute? It's weird.
    Last edited by zoebird; 09-21-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm actually blond, so. . .

we haven't had a microwave in the house since 2000, and there's one at the office that is technically "ours" but everyone else uses it except us. we just eat our lunch cold. Yummy. our microwave broke, then, and we just never replaced it, btw. it wasn't some tin-foil hat situation.

i would like to triple my number of clients in the next year. I wonder how reasonable that is. . .

Also, can I kindly ask kiwis to NOT put their heads in the sand and dither? It's super freaking annoying.

I have seriously never eaten a person for coming up and being honest and open and needing to discuss what our mutual needs are in business. Why stew, then dither, then procrastinate on talking to someone, and then create a massive huff at the last minute? It's weird.
    Sorry Zoe, a figure of speech re blonde !!!!
    Brilliant goal with your buisness. Could you remind me of what you do ? Do you do it on line, or will your clients all be face to face ???
    I will be a client, unless of course you are an animal trainer, a vasectomy surgeon or a midwife. I have absolutely no use for any of those !!! LOL
    And not quite sure what you mean about the head in the sand Statement ? Could you explain?

...small steps....

NZBee is offline Junior Member
    Zoe, I think that is just normal Kiwi behaviour - at work and at home I am always saying will someone please just make a decision! I'm also known for saying what everyone else is thinking but afraid to say in meetings...sigh...I must have been another nationality in a past life lol

So I had an interesting experience yesterday, my team all went out to lunch yesterday at the el cheapo mexican place. It was a huge group so I didn't really want to start making substitutions to their menu left right and centre, thought I'd just stick to something gluten free and not worry about the primal part of things this time round. It was my first non primal meal this month so figured it really wouldn't be the end of the world and being part of the team etc was more important. So had an ok meal but boy did I pay for it with raging heartburn the rest of the afternoon. I actually hadn't noticed that I'd not had heartburn since going primal so in that regard it was an interesting discovery. Next time though, to hell with everyone else I will be making substitutions to get exactly what I need to be eating!

Forgot to weigh in this morning but am finding as I continue on with this way of eating what I weigh becomes less important and it is more about how I am feeling both healthwise and mentally.

Good on you seaweed for saying no to the banana cake - that has been my one instance of weakening too, workmate bought in the most divine smelling banana cake to work a few weeks ago and I had to leave the room the desire to have some was so strong even though I would have paid dearly for eating all that gluten later! Next time, why not try making a primalish banana bread with your iffy bananas - last weekend I made this one Banana Bread Macnifique! muffin sized. I made it for DD to take for school occasionally (stored in the freezer individually) and tried one and it is quite yum - not on par with my mums banana cake laden with choc icing but healthier and really filling as well.

Beautiful day today here in Auckland so think I will head out into the garden and do some more weeding as the poor garden has ben neglected all winter.