Page 139 of 534 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5333

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 139

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Seaweed could you possibly come and be my personal trainer ?????? sorry to whine but ......P-l-e-a-s-e
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL i have actual studied personal training. i did want to do women in my age group as i reckon we get really stuffed around by CW all that cardio, light weights and lovely low fat muffins with being lucky to make it down to a size 14. i kid you not, i have heard women within my age group and a good 20+kg bigger than me, swapping low fat muffin recipes in the shower after they've done their cardio at the gym. anyways, work restructured and i managed to keep my job so i didnt have the time to study after that so i had to flag it. all they were teaching us was CW but it is a piece of paper which give you credibility.

LL they did tell us back problems were from the abs being weak. lmfao the guy who taught me exercise presciption was trying to get me to get my client who had back problems and was my age and sex and 3" shorter and 36+kgs heavier than me to do those laying leg raise things where you hold your legs 6" off the ground to strengthen her back. i ignored him as i have no back issues and they have hurt me before. if you look at the you tubes about clubbells, the MMA guy talks about the core and back area being a something? chain. it is all connected. and definitely, if you think about how you move in natural surroundings such as up and down hills, and you focus, you can feel it all moving together. so yes gwamma i think you are right with your 2 + 2 there.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I think you are all right about abs and core strength, it is something I do need to work on. Thing I find is I work my butt of to find time/energy to go out for a decent walk or run and then I need to find even more time/energy to do some core strengthening exercises on top of it all. Just not enough time in the day. Still I'd best find enough time or I'll be forever complaining about my dodgy back. Of course no amount of core strengthening will help the scoli, I have to just put up with that unfortunately.

Interesting thought about the pain relief and back pain seaweed. I hadn't really considered that it might lead to further injury. I suppose with the scoli it doesn't matter because its not an injury and I can't make it worse (or better for that matter) still, I like to not rely on pain relief and most weeks I get by without any pharmacueticals. As far as my lower back spasms go I know that in the initial 48-72hrs rest and anti-inflammatory treatment are very important, then after a couple of days you need to get moving again and you switch from ice treatments to heat treatments. I suppose its during that second phase of treatment I should be mindful of weaning off the phamacueticals so that I can see what hurts and what doesn't. Thanks for pointing that out to me, its very interesting.

Just ran into town for a few odd jobs (replacing some garage door remotes at $85 each *faints*) and I picked up some Mg tabs while at it. Might as well try. I even started on the homeopathic stuff last night so you can't say I've not made an effort.

Thing I find is I work my butt of to find time/energy to go out for a decent walk or run and then I need to find even more time/energy to do some core strengthening exercises on top of it all. Just not enough time in the day.
    all movement comes from the core. i never do specific core exercises. my theory is that you steer with your core when you go up and down hills and when you keep your balance whilst you are moving on uneven ground. so i do that whilst i am walking. and this is proven in the fact i can do a 3 min plank. if you have a bath, epsom salts ( which are cheapest from the supermarket ) in the bath is a good way to get dermal absorbtion of mag. i have read we apparently absorb it better transdermally which is one of the theories why we are all deficient as we spent alot of our time way way back in the sea and we dont do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    all movement comes from the core. i never do specific core exercises. my theory is that you steer with your core when you go up and down hills and when you keep your balance whilst you are moving on uneven ground. so i do that whilst i am walking. and this is proven in the fact i can do a 3 min plank. if you have a bath, epsom salts ( which are cheapest from the supermarket ) in the bath is a good way to get dermal absorbtion of mag. i have read we apparently absorb it better transdermally which is one of the theories why we are all deficient as we spent alot of our time way way back in the sea and we dont do that now.
    Never knew that about epsom salts - probably cheaper than the capsules I just bought.

Someone has talked to me about that core strength stuff while walking before. Clearly I'm not doing it right! My abs are awfully separated, whenever I do sit ups I get the ugliest triangular shaped gut (normally quite flattish) from the muscles that have no idea what they ought to be doing. I also heard somewhere that if you have separated abs post pregnancy then they tend to sort themselves out fairly quickly if you are fit. Clearly that is not working out for me either (she's almost four).

my abs never separated while i was pregnant. i have 3 kids. i also was able to keep my navel ring in the whole way thru as i obviously dont have big enough babies. i never ever do sit ups. google britney spears syndrome one day. but i never did them before i found out about that as they hurt my back which has no issues and i hate them. just pick a route to walk which has hills, be aware of what your core is doing when you go up and down the hills. try not to lean to much either forward or back to compensate and do it with your abs. gradually, bit by bit, you will get better.

Off for my hour long massage and I intend to enjoy every minute of it!

Lucky you LL! the man has been suggesting he comes around to give me a massage later as i have been to the gym but i think i have to work. i had a thought, and i may be wrong. but side planks? is ab separation to do with side obliques? side planks are wickedly hard so you dont have to do them for long. 1 min either side, if you do them properly is mental. so that is only 2 mins. or 4 mins if you do them 2x a day. they could help maybe.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    And who - may I ask - is "the Man"? Seas ?????????
    Am off for a walk. Its been a long L_O_N_G_ day and yes I am shouting it from the rooftops !!!!!!!

OMG have you heard about the tornado in Auckland. Three dead ! that is tragic
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

work is in auckland and no one has said anything to me yet. but i did read about it. we used to live just over the water from hobsonville as the ex hubby came from the shore. the man is the current man lol i want to go for a walk but i cant as i am mob handed so i am going to walk up the hill a few times to do my txts. 150m either way so that is 300m each trip. aim for 3 trips that is almost a k lol