Page 138 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 138

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh wow I am very impressed now. What ply was the wool you used on that blanket? And did you design it yourself or use a pattern? I've always wanted to try my hand at pattern design but I lack the confidence as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    you poor wee sausage.
    NOTE : wee sausage is one of Gwammas nice little sayings, another one is chick-a-lix, poppy-dops, gorgeous girl, girlfriend....so please don't be offended with my playing with words.
    Can't be any worse than my mother calling me 'a good doer' - refering to my ample appetite.

Having a nice cruisy day at work today, already did some shopping for two morning teas I'm putting on next week and just between you and I, I've just put on the base coat of nail polish. The Tai Chi group are here so I've locked myself in the office pretending to be super busy.

Just doing a little weather watching today too as DH and I are due to fly to Auckland tomorrow morning and the fog is just awful at the moment. Its actually cleared a little in the last hour so I remain hopeful.

Taken some panadeine about half an hour ago, so feeling OK on that front.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I just make them up as I go along. I have done a crochet square one, 215 of the little buggars !!!!!! sewn altogether and then an edging around. I did the main colour in black and all the inners were different colours. That one was very impressive ! I shall try and post a picky
    I actually used one great huge catgut knitting needle, 200 stitches, and 2 x 8ply wool. They end up being beautiful blankets, and the family really appreciate them. I absolutely love making things for others. The only trouble with these blankets, because they take so much time (and I only do it while watching tv at night), I have to now start the next one, ready for next christmas !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Wow 2x 8ply would be super warm, would help to knit up quicker too. I did a cot blanket for DD which nearly killed me! Can't remember how many stitches is was now but I did it on some really long circulars and it was 8ply (single strand though) then when I finished it the blanket folded in half and was crocheted around the edge to hold the two sides together. It was super warm, but what a lot of work.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...blanket002.jpg

this is one I have started for me. I havn't sewn them together, just placed them, but it will give you an idea of how the black background looks great. I still need to make another 180 squares, so a wee bit more work before this one will be finished !!! LOL

I am loving this photobucket thing....can you tell ????

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...blanket004.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...blanket003.jpg

Okay so a really busy day getting stuff finished for Christmas. This is my 7th or 8th queen sized knitted/crocheted blanket that I have made for family members. The bed that it is sitting on is actually a king....so once I have washed it again and stretched it slightly, it should fit onto a queenie !!!!
    This result is a little more pleasing than the fairy house !!!!!! LOL
    the blanket is totally gorgeous, Gwamma!!!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma i think the cake is absolutely stunning and the melty bits look cool. my kids would be think it was their birthday if they got a cake that beautiful. as for the blankets, they remind me so much of my mum. she used to knit and crochet blankets like that. i learnt to knit doing squares, altho i have no memory of making a blanket but then i was very young. LL have you tried some magnesium as well to help with the bones and muscles? good job you didnt get a trip in the ambulance with some of their drugs. those ones are only fun when you dont need them. i am still thinking all the kai moana is helping with the strength and muscle etc issues here so maybe try some fish oil too?

on the strength and wearing out subject lol i managed to pick up a pair of 36kg dumbells today and walk with them. very chuffed. my trainer did have to put them back for me tho. then i managed to do sets of 20 lunges with a pair of 18kg dumbells which was very funny as whilst i was doing some cable cross overs a very large tall muscled man came in and proceeded to lunge with the very same 18kg dumbells and was visibly struggling. good job he didnt see me as i am literally half his size and i didnt even wobble! i still credit my personal trainer for all this as i seriously would never even have attempted any of the weights i can do as i would never have picked i could do them.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LL have you tried some magnesium as well to help with the bones and muscles? good job you didnt get a trip in the ambulance with some of their drugs. those ones are only fun when you dont need them. i am still thinking all the kai moana is helping with the strength and muscle etc issues here so maybe try some fish oil too?
    I havn't tried Magnesium, although I might look into taking some short term. I did take magnesium when pregnant for restless legs and it was very effective. As a rule I don't like taking supplements, IMO if your diet or lifestyle is lacking something then you need to change it rather than paying out for expensive pills that probably just get flushed away for the most part. As part of my anti-inflammatory diet I have started taking fish/krill oil capsules in the last couple of months though. Initially I found the krill oil to be quite helpful as it works like a low grade pain relief for me so I've kept taking it all this time.

Gotta love a bit of morphine and diazepam for back pain! I searched last night but I'm clean out of diazepam so had to make do with my codeine. Good for pain relief but they all have their side effects and I wouldn't even contemplate going to work with anything stronger than panadeine in my system.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    panadol is nasty nasty nasty. i have never given it to the kids ever. i dont like taking supplements either. ever since i had real nasty morning sickness with my middle daighter, i have struggled to swallow pills. i am currently taking some liquid minerals which i am finding useful.MRI CMD Concentrated Mineral Drops | HealthPost often it is all the co-factors and the little minerals we need a trace of which effect the vitamins and bigger minerals we absorb. kinda like how taking calcium tablets doesnt fix osteoporosis as there is so much more going on. i also thought that taking painkillers for something like a back problem was potentially fraught with issues as if it doesnt hurt, you can then hurt it more by moving the wrong way?

Thanx girls....I just needed me some positives today !!!!!
    LL how are you stomach muscles ??? I do wonder if a stronger core would help support the back? You probably already have a strong core ? I am still getting over a sore back from my naughty nonesence last month, and I am adamant that the bloated stomach helped create the sore back....but it might just be me adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 945 !!!! LOL

...small steps....