Page 136 of 525 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5244

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 136

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i am looking forward to it as i need a break. i am waiting on some work stuff right now so i am home as my sheeping got cancelled. i did get to the see my fave sheep dog as it came around on the back of the bike to tell me. my naughty hound went bounding out barking with his hackles up, took one look and actually instantly obeyed me and went back inside when i said "in" lol i was also facing a bit of a riot as the kids wanted to bunk off school to chase sheep with the assistance of the fat spotty pony which could potentially have been mayhem. what do you think btw gwamma about if you can see the future? i have seen things, if i can see it, i know. then there are things like tarot, astrology, tea leaves etc which IMO are all just vehicles.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good grief you are all very deep and meaningful today. I'm far too busy to think much about anything right now, its been one of those days when you finish one task and then another falls in your lap. Having a lul right now while I wait for the gasfitter to come fix our boiling water - no cuppa until then, boo! I also need to dash out and fix an alarm for one of my peeps but its hosing with rain, so that can wait too.

Zoe - good work with the little man. Its good when something goes right and then you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hye Gwamma - you staying away from those sweeties so far this week? (yes I'm hassling you but with the best of intentions)

Mmmmm pork roast for tea tonight. Looking forward to that. Need to go and google some cauli and broccoli recipes to with the roast too. My garden has been producing masses of these and you can only have them with cheese sauce so many times in one week. Had them roasted in olive oil with garlic last night, was very nice.

Spaghetti with slow-cooked cauliflower & broccoli recipe from Cuisine Magazine you'd obviously need to ditch the pasta or go for something like julienned zucchini instead but you could use it as a starting point. i like hollandaise sauce with broccoli but have yet to try it with cauliflower. blue cheese is nice with cauliflower too but not sure how blue cheese and roast pork go.
    i am planning on doing something with this recipe for dinner which has broccoli in Italian Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole {recipe} | Naturally Knocked Up as i have lots of chicken broth right now. i was going to use cauliflower instead of the pasta somehow and use cream instead of the cream cheese. you could potentially do it with pork i reckon too.
    gone from blazing hot sun to howling dark gale here in the last 30.

Thanks for those ideas seaweed. I made a lovely bake the other night using cream cheese and sour cream as the sauce. I browned mince with onions and garlic and a little chilli, added lots of mushrooms a little beef stock reduction and diced capsicum. Then I stirred through the cream cheese and sour cream to make a sauce, tipped this over a dish of steamed broc/cauli and covered with grated cheese, baked for 20 mins. Served with fresh broad beans from the garden. Superb!

yum! sorta like a mince strogonoff but without the paprika? my kids like mince and i have some in the fridge so i will try that tomorrow night. would prob be good with potato or kumara wedges too. or even with some baked potatoes. satisfy my little carb addicts. i could even mince in some heart lol poor kids.

yes that looks pretty yummy. it looks like it would be nice with cauliflower as well. report back what it was like. no bacon in my house right now but i am shopping tomorrow.

Ana Tane is offline Junior Member
    Hello Kiwi's

I live in Western Australia however was born across the water in Hamilton. Been living in WA since 1975.

Good to see this link and the chatter.

I've been on the 30 day Paleo challenge for about 20 days with great results, love the food, the concept and the results.
    Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    what do you think btw gwamma about if you can see the future?
    Not sure about this one Seaweed. i certainly don't believe in Mumbo jumbo.......however I have watched a couple of sensing murder, and it does intrigue me. I used to listen to my "gut feeling" all the time, but then a few huge mistakes were made....so I don't tend to take notice of it anymore....so the jury is still out

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Hye Gwamma - you staying away from those sweeties so far this week? (yes I'm hassling you but with the best of intentions)
    LL I have been very good sweet and grain wise, so far this week. Not so good wine wise, and have had a wee bit of cream in my coffee each day. I have also upped the exersize this week, and feel one hell of a lot better for it..........so......onward

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Tane View Post
    Hello Kiwi's
    Welcome Ana - sounds like you are having great success with your whole 30.....well done you
    keep us posted on your progress
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yeah, it's been great. Because we live in one big room (no door between us and the kiddo), and I didn't give him a heads up before, he was frctious about it. Now, since I told him how it's going to go, he's all kinds of mellow about it. He's like "cool, this is the order of business." It's so much easier on him when there is an order of business.

Thus, I made a little sheet of "order of business" in the morning with little pictures (DH drew the pictures). I'm not at all crafty, but I managed this. LOL it says "morning" and "evening" (two sheets). In the morning it says: Toilet, Eggs and veg, berries and yogurt, brush teeth, dress, shoes, away we go! In the evening it says: berries and yogurt, pjs, brush teeth, toilet, stories, and bed time!

We had both laminated (that only cost $2), and I also found some stars online and put them on a page, cut them out, and had them laminated too. Got some velcro buttons, and put those on the cart.

See how crafty I am? LOL

Now, he can put a star next to the activity that he does as he finishes, and then at the end, we count them up, and when he gets 30 stars, he gets to choose a fun activity from his "coupon book" which we made for him a little while ago for his special "hawk days."

See, that's, like, two crafts.