Page 134 of 534 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 5333

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 134

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    nice beach time, nice walk, nice swim, and overall nice day.

the boy is fighting sleep, and it's truly annoying.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh man Zoe, sitting on the sofa with my wee fighter right now too! He's been writing stories all evening so I can't feel too mad because its quite sweet really. Still, I'm overdue for some mummy time.

And I managed to block the kitchen sink so DH is going to be really pissed at me when he gets home later. Not looking forward to that conversation!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LL if you look under the sink you should see a pipe with a u-bend which is where the sink runs out thru? it's got bits you can unscrew to take it to pieces. put a bowl under it, unscrew it, clean it out, put it back together again and you should be fine. if it's fat blocking the sink, boiling water down the plug sometimes works.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    There are some cheap products you can buy that chemical bomb their way through any blockage, may be easier than slimy mess but what seaweed says should work.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    How did you get on with the sink LL ?
    And if you are having kids sleeping issues girls.... I am the put the kid to sleep - guru !!!!!!!
    I would bore them silly with my stories......so just ring me anytime....and leave it to Gwamma !!!!!!
    Seaweed how many rabbits did you expire ????
    looks like a beautiful day in north canterbury today - so maybe some vit D time ???
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i am hoping it is a beautiful day today. it is looking promising. and hopefully i wont get stuck home working so as i can bail and go for a very very long walk and vit D my ass off. i did not see a single rabbit. the neighbour has put a bucket of pindone down in the paddock behind us so it must be working as i have noticed the cat trying to scrounge food whenever i am near the fridge and she had a couple of sparrows yesterday. she usually leaves the birds alone. i am not into all those haemoragic poisons as i have seen the dying rabbits. i much prefer people shoot them but i guess for the farmers they just dont have time to get that many.

danielfire we have a septic tank so i cant chemical bomb anything here.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post

danielfire we have a septic tank so i cant chemical bomb anything here.
    These bloody worm systems are a nightmare !!!!!!! people keep putting stuff down my drains that kill them....next thing you know the toilets are blocked up, the smell of our doo...daaa... is appaulling and we have to replace the little things !
    but its hard to control what everyone puts down the sink, so i give up !!!!!!
    our biolytix system sux !!!!!!
    rant over for the day....i think !!!!!!

I agree with you on the poisons. My concerns are what is it doing to the other creatures that eat the carcasses, and what an horrific way to die !!!!!

anyway we best not get onto that topic. When Middle DD went out shooting for the first time....she arrived home and excitedly told me that she had shot her first rabbit. where is it, I asked.....it hopped away - said she.....so maiming an animal is really bad too !

Right I had best get me back to work
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

My concerns are what is it doing to the other creatures that eat the carcasses
    yes poison doesnt just get the target pest species. other things eat the poison too. and well as the carrion eaters getting nailed. it does still look like an awesome day today. sun is out and it is warm with stuff all wind.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it's a beautiful windy/cloudy day here, but a warm wind-- which is nice.

we took DS to his caretaker, and she wasn't there. He was so disappointed (she's the mom of his best friend)! But, he's being very good at the office right now.

we are running one of those voucher deals. I hope to sell a lot of them. So far we are at 92 -- which isn't bad since it's before 10 am. last time we ran the deal we sold 211. I'm hoping we do more this time. We tend to retain about 20% (which is good for these deals -- most people retain less than 5%).

gentle yoga class in an hour and 15 minutes, and then an afternoon with the kiddo!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    How did you get on with the sink LL ?
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. It was the waste disposal that backed up (I know I should compost but I'm too lazy), and I was washing the pots in the other sink at the same time so I ended up with two sinks full of skungy smelly water. Apparently the blockage was way down too, it took my poor DH over an hour to clear it last night. But he was very good and didn't get mad at me.