Page 131 of 534 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 131

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hiya gwamma yes those books did arrive. thankyou =) i tried to pm you to tell you but your inbox was full so i gave up. then got side tracked as work has been mental this week. which one do you recommend i start on as i have almost finished azincourt.

you are female so you can always always get away with not drinking the whole crate. hide behind the hair, smile sweetly and stamp your foot as we are so not expected to drink loads of beer. maybe the odd glass of wine but generally not in my experience. especially if we are on a "diet" lol. the only reason anyone has ever plied me with excess alcohol is either to make themselves feel better or to try to get into my pants. my tips for problem avoidance in this case is if you feel real socially pressured, make like you are a tinsy bit trolleyed and start spilling your drinks by accident or pour some down the sink while no one is looking. works every time. make yourself a coffee or start on the water so no one notices you havent got something to drink in your hand. CW houses and baking is the absolute best way to go as you can give it to them and say, i so cant eat it as i get so ill but the recipe just doesnt work with GF flour. My other trick is to buy a packet of high end chocolate biscuits and tell them i didnt have time to bake. this bit is actually the easy bit of the social aspect. refusing specially prepared things for you is the nasty bit. on the subject of CW houses, check this out
    Gingerbread house
    i know how to make GF gingerbread that sticks together. I use butter, honey, sugar, eggs, spices, vanilla, and a combo of rice, tapioca and millet flour. what helps it stick together is making fudge with the butter and honey. i reckon, and it would be an experiment, that you could do it with coconut flour,ground almonds/hazelnuts and tapioca, none of which are grains. and maybe use palm sugar instead of the sugar or skip it altogether. which would be almost almost primal. then you could use all manner of nuts and dried fruit and poss make some form of icing you could pipe with creamed coconut and honey and egg whites. i so couldnt deal with all those carbs and natural sugars in one place but it would be worth an experiment for xmas.

crazy day today. was sposed to be going fishing and of course who got nominated to dive off the boat into known shark infested waters for paua lol it then blew up a nasty gale and hosed down so we got to do our own crate day on the devil's cut and some venison for munchies. i smiled lots, had one shot of bourbon and drunk 1 litre of water. no dramas at all. managed 12ks walking. 6ks with the dog and 6ks on my own. and a ride on the bike before the weather caved so all in all a good lot done.

been experimenting too with ass to grass barbarian squats with the clubbell. lots of fun and 10 will totally rinse you and get your heart pounding.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed that is fantastic. I have cleaned out my inbox - sorry.
    if you go eeny meany miny mo.....you will work out which one to start first !!!! LOL
    Crate day was fine. I put a whole heap of tiny bottles of whiskey, vodka, gin, jaagermista etc etc etc into the wee crate, and didn't drink any !!!! yay for young men keen on impressing the local girls !!!!! So I arrived with my crate, CW cake and 7 mattraces.....and was gone an hour later, having only drunk a small glass of red ! Everyone was staying the night at DDs so all in all great. Then I went to the neighbourhood BBQ. Its such a shame that you can't choose your neighbours !!!!
    We have a couple of loose canons around us, one of them thank fully is heading to Aussie to live. Sorry australia, but hes gonna soon be your problem !!!!
    I have been commissioned to make a CW house for another neighbours 8 year old birthday, or a cake of some sort....so thinking caps on please !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

is the 8yr old a boy or a girl? i am lucky in that all my neighbours are awesome. it is the only place i have ever lived where that is the case so it is something i really appreciate. managed another 6ks with the dog yesterday and a 4.5k round trip to the end of the beach and back with the man in the evening. making the most of the kids being at their dads. just been on the meat and salad too. plus the ubiquitous coffee and cream as usual and i am managing a litre of water a day. my liquid minerals seem to be working well. the subtle red patches on tops of my cheek bones are subsiding i think. i'm doing vit C and vit E and vit K as well. plus getting my vit D when the sun is out.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed, your life sounds so cool. Foraging for paua in shark infested waters in the morning, digging into venison on the arvo :-)

Gwamma, good on ya ;-)

You may have already seen this, but well worth a watch. A trailer for an inspirational doco due out next year:

INSPIRED: The Movie (Post Production) by Steve Yu and Ken Young — Kickstarter

Haven't been able to find any details of his diet, but whatever he did it's pretty amazing.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi, I am in tears right now....... managed to watch it on DH laptop - sound and all. Never give up..... believe in yourself.......this is so true, but sometimes we cannot see the woods for the trees.
    That was truely inspirational
    Thank you
    G
    x

...small steps....

Seaweed, You are a very lucky girl living in paradise down there. One day I am gonna live by the beach. That would be my ultimate dream, but DH isn't all that fussed !!!!
    The CW cake is for a wee girl. She loves pink and purples....... so not 100 % sure what to make?
    But I am sure you will all give me some wonderful ideas
    I posted some pics in my albums. Still not sure how to photo bucket them straight on here ??????

...small steps....

if it is photobucket, just post the url. fairy cake! as in the fairy's skirt as the cake. or fairy house even. or a unicorn cake which would be a challenge.

love my ocean. it does get cold and windy and there is loads of things we just cant grow. some years, like this one, i think we have had 4 or 5 sunbathing days so far this spring /summer. we are also known to need to have the fire on xmas day some years as well. but i love the salt water more than anything. just looking at it and the different patterns the waves make and the different colours every day. the wind is wild but you get to actually like it. i poss could live way up in the mountains too as i do like a good hill to go up and down. in fact i am off in 5 for my last long walk of the day up a hill before the kids return home.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i love living on the water, too. it's very nice. my lavender is doing ok. in fact, that and weeds do really well. LOL

today has been a lazy day -- very nice indeed just to hang around the house.

we are down to two chickens a week, 3 fish, and 2 red meat days. I'm happy with this. I should get into offal, but we just can't get there.

we dont eat that much chicken. i still only really like the breast so i still feel guilty eating it. but we'd prob do 5 or 6 meat days and 1 or 2 fish days. offal you need to practise. having been vegan for so long i kinda had to eat it in the same way, i cant really eat chicken and the same way i have to shoot my own deer.

nothing lazy about today. 20ks. i actual felt so tired i almost wasnt sure how i was gonna make the last hill. but the brain is the weakest muscle so i just concentrated on one footstep at a time. then i found one of the most poached lizards around squashed on the road =( i put it in my pocket so as i can take it to the man who photos them as apparently they have unique patterns. then it occured to me that if it was alive, i have never had anything of that value on my person. quite a freaky thought. i so hate foreign reptile traders.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I can get ground offal which we put into burgers and the like, and I suppose I could mix it with spices and make home-made sausages. . . still, who has the time these days? LOL