Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 13

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanx
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    my new world has duck fat in the offal section which is by the raw pet food. it's not cheap so i dont use much of it. i made some duck fat caramel once which the kids loved till they found out it was duck fat and then refused to finish it lol

lifting heavy is an interesting term. i was at the gym yesterday bench pulling the bar coz i was working around my rotator cuff and one of the other women was in dead lifting 110kgs lol i tend to aim for lifting my bodyweight and then raise it some. by bodyweight i mean my bodyweight added onto the bar in weights. it also depends on how many reps you are doing. barbell benchpress i wouldnt have a show of ever doing my bodyweight. i can ( or could, if you ignore the rotator cuff ) deadlift my body weight and then prob and extra 25%. barbell squats so much depend how far down you go. i can prob do double my bodyweight if i dont go that far down lol but to do absolute proper form, knees down to 90deg angle with the floor and maybe a bit lower, i would struggle with my bodyweight for more than prob one rep. leg press i can do over double my bodyweight. i think the key to lifting heavy is to aim for bodyweight but really just do as much as you can do the whole ROM with and with proper form for prob about 10 or so reps. then build it up.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I've tried using lard, tallow and duck fat from the supermarket and to be honest I haven't liked them much.
    Homemade tastes so much better and it's so cheap and easy to make.

The only one I haven't made myself yet is duck fat, but at $12 to $15 a bag / tub, and $20 to $25 for a duck, it's probably worthwhile buying a whole duck and roasting it to get yummy duck, plus rendered duck fat
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and I was listening to Fletch and Vaughan on The Edge on my way home yesterday, and while they were talking about Lady Gaga having put on weight and saying that she was going to lose it all by going gluten free, someone in the back ground said "a bit of paleo"
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Hi Misabi, how you doing ????? There is one guy on the rock or edge or something, who talks about paleo quite a bit. Not sure who, or which station, but its great that the word is getting out there.
    Just felt a quake......it was 4.3, east of chch, quite shallow. First one that I have felt for ages !!!!
    Heres hoping it isn't the beginning of another gaggle of the bloody things !

...small steps....

how much fat do you reckon you'd get out of a duck? i have a wild one in the freezer but i dont know how fatty they are vs a domestic one as i've never cooked one myself. you'd also have to make sure you roasted it with no flavourings so as you got straight duck fat. we did whitebait omlettes in duck fat one year and they were very nice.

and yes, let's hope it's not more earthquakes. funnily enuf when i was googling clubbells, i found a clubbell workout which was sposed to help you survive an earthquake.
    Magnitude 8.9 Clubbell Workout for Survive & Thrive Fitness - YouTube tabatas and flag presses.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed, have you tried a clubbell routine yet? I'm dying to know what you think. I love the concept - dunno about the reality - and I'm well over spending on fitness equipment that never gets used, lol.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

[QUOTE=seaweed;958730]how much fat do you reckon you'd get out of a duck? i have a wild one in the freezer but i dont know how fatty they are vs a domestic one as i've never cooked one myself. you'd also have to make sure you roasted it with no flavourings so as you got straight duck fat. we did whitebait omlettes in duck fat one year and they were very nice.
    QUOTE]

If you defrost it in the microwave....make sure there are no pellets still in the bird !!! LOL

...small steps....

lmao the last goose i had had shotgun pellets in it. it is kinda good in some ways as it makes you eat far more slowly and delicately than normal.

i have been clubbelling. the lightest ones i could get were 6kgs. some of the exercises the guys do i would need to work up to. but i can say do 10 barbarian squats, 10 flag presses and i feel it. i can do them but they are hard. very high intensity. you feel your core heaps. i am enjoying them. so far so good on the shoulder coping too. and i can see how they would be good for your grip.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Great that your shoulder is coping!

Yeah, I've done the pellets in the microwave trick - makes lots of pretty sparks . And some pretty interesting noises, too.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus