Page 129 of 524 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 129

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hell yeah Gwamma, one of the most useful lectures I ever attended during my nursing training pointed out that we should never use the word patient but should refer to them as clients. The word patient counjures up all sorts of images of meek people sitting around waiting to be told what to do and how to do it, whereas the word client gives them much more power and makes you, the service provider, treat them with more respect. So now whenever I get bad service somewhere I think to myself 'am I a patient or a client?', how does the person see me?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have only had one drama with telecom and that was when i moved and the cable wasnt in yet. they never lost any records of my calls or anything like that. i just felt it was a drama as it took a week and i couldnt work. i think customer service issues arent necessarily just this country. it is a universal problem. so i dont whine. i am always polite and always say please, thankyou and smile and just go elsewhere if i get annoyed.

back in my meeting. we got an hour for lunch so i made a salad, sprinted around the non windy part of the block and back and now am eating the salad. making out like i know what i am doing lol

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Something to make you all smile:

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

So now whenever I get bad service somewhere I think to myself 'am I a patient or a client?', how does the person see me?
    i tell my kids to carry themselves like royalty but not to be stuck up. one thing that absolutely fascinates me is how people treat other people they dont know. what makes them decide who to defer to and who to try to dominate? who to pay attention to and who to ignore?

Bleurgh....I'm hosting an education session for caregivers in my centre to day, and they're all standing in the sunshine outside my office smoking, and of course its coming in the window....cough....cough.....

I'm trying to make them like me and want to reduce some of the barriers between our two workplaces so I really don't want to go out there and tell them to bugger off.

Seaweed - I have one teleconference a week, luckily no webcam either, so I just potter about on the internet and take toilet breaks and make cups of tea. Generally they don't specifically ask me questions so I usually get away with it. I prefer to read the minutes afterwards to catch up on what we talked about!

lmao the thing is i never know when they are going to ask me a question so i do have to be careful. this is a full day and i dont think anyone is doing minutes. at this rate, i would be outside having a cigarette with them lol i used to sweat the ciggie thing but i really dont care. it is just smelly altho i find that depends on the person as some people i really dont mind at all and some i cant breathe near. it doesnt change someone's behaviour like alcohol and even the air we breathe is dodgy. i also still maintain that smoking in extreme moderation is better for you than the amount of sugar most people eat.

You could be right there, its all self harm IMO.

hell yeah. pick your nefarious habit. you are prob better off out there with them anyways as you are in the sun and there is air circulating. misabi cant watch the movie in case anyone on my conference call can hear it!

Yes, standing around in the sunshine does look mightly appealing just now.

Heading off to pick up the kids in about 5 mins though so it won't kill me in that time. Off home to my spring cleaning this afternoon. I've been slowly chipping away at it all week because we are having a cocktail party on Saturday and you know how people get into the kitchen looking for stuff and start ferriting around in the fridge! Gotta make them think I live clean!

PrimalCon New York
    i reckon you need to challenge your system once in a while. no sun here. we have wind and rain. i had to wear my heavy hunting jacket and a hat on the way around the block and then put my jeans in the wash when i got home as they were wet and muddy.