Page 126 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 126

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    misabi it is good to dream. we all need a long term plan. i've only got an acre. i would love more land but where i live, hardly any ever comes up for sale. and when it does, you need to have sold a place in auckland which was mortgage free to afford it. get the dog a shock collar lol i so have threatened to do that with my dog over those pesky seagulls who torment him on the beach. not to mention we are almost back into pied stilt breeding season which will be a bundle of laughs as they dive at you to distract you from their nearby nest. me and the dog arent the slightest bit interested in their nest but he really finds all those fluttering and acrobatic activities quite hard to resist.

thinking of shaking up the exercise routine. it occured to me after 12 ks of slow movement yesterday walking with the kids that i wasnt even vaguely rinsed. all it really was equivalent to was moving around at home. no drama. then it occured to me that the slow creep of the 3 or so kgs has been since i have been having to take the dog out with me. he was too young to walk distances prior to that or i didnt have him. he is a total pain to walk. he will walk on the lead but if he gets so much as an inch of lead, he stops, pulls, tries to go off an sniff, prances indecently at the sea birds etc. which slows me down. so my overall speed is much lower. so my plan till school ends, which is frighteningly close, is to walk the dog first thing and then at lunch time go for a walk on my own. time myself and start working up to getting the dog round in the same speed.

a good 15 mins quicker without the dog over 6ks. a huge vote for liver and egg curry for lunch. OMG it was delicious! and so simple. just fry up a chopped up onion in some coconut oil whilst boiling a couple of eggs. when the onion is goldenish, put in some chopped liver. i only used half as the dog was looking very plaintive. he got the other half. stir fry it for a while. when it looks sort of browned add in 2 tsp of curry powder and 2 big spoons of yoghurt. you could prob use cream or coconut milk too. i just didnt want to open a whole can of coconut milk. keep the heat low and stir while it cooks to make a sauce. chop in the hardboiled eggs, salt it to taste and it is done.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    a good 15 mins quicker without the dog over 6ks. a huge vote for liver and egg curry for lunch. OMG it was delicious! and so simple. just fry up a chopped up onion in some coconut oil whilst boiling a couple of eggs. when the onion is goldenish, put in some chopped liver. i only used half as the dog was looking very plaintive. he got the other half. stir fry it for a while. when it looks sort of browned add in 2 tsp of curry powder and 2 big spoons of yoghurt. you could prob use cream or coconut milk too. i just didnt want to open a whole can of coconut milk. keep the heat low and stir while it cooks to make a sauce. chop in the hardboiled eggs, salt it to taste and it is done.
    Sounds good. Haven't had liver for a few weeks, time to stock up again. In fact my dogs got my last lot too..
    I like it chopped and fried off with bacon and onions, tomatoes and some herbs too.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That's how I am. I don't have to make myself do it. Which is nice.

I have discovered that having my own land is a bad idea. Just, not correct.

usually i fry liver with garlic and wild thyme as if you were going to make pate. except it is too yummy so i eat it all first. venison liver like that is my absolute fave. normally the dog gets raw liver. one or so a week as part of his overall diet. he just loves eating bits of mine when he can so he hangs around looking starved whenever i make liver for lunch. and i always take pity lol i've not tried liver any other way than fried or in pate before today. i will try the bacon and onion thing this week and tell me how you make it with tomatoes?

owning land is good. i appreciate the peace of not having close neighbours. all my neighbours i do have are awesome so that is an additional bonus. 4 houses on my road including us.

i don't mind space. i don't want to take care of space/land. I'd have to leave it all wild or something.

we have a fat spotty lawn mower and regenerating bush. my last place was 4 acres and that was bush too. wilderness patches are good for the environment so you just let it grow. do a bit of noxious weeding every now and then. maybe plant some native trees. or you graze it. easier to bush it tho as then you dont have animals to take care of as they are a tie. and you have to look after them properly. there's no such thing as a leave and ignore animal unless you have ferals like deer and pigs which just roam thru.

gwamma where are you? you have been very quiet.

noxious weeding is a lot of work, though, and that's what I seek to avoid. I do it here in our tiny, tiny back yard and it's terrible. needs to be done every-other week (weeds are voracious here!). And it's a lot more work than i like. LOL

and definitely no to animals.

beaut day today here and now the moon is out. just been creeping around outside with the .22 and the cat looking for rabbits. had a breakout in sector 67 as the dog got out. he's not allowed to hunt rabbits so i ended up having to sprint down the road with the gun in my leather jandals to get him lol added incentive not to trip up! i discovered my new fave snack today. melted decent coconut oil mixed with cocoa powder, vanilla and toasted flaked almonds all left to set in the fridge. just like chocolate which goes to show how long i havent had sugar for now.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seaweed, you're life sounds like so much fun :-)
    And that recipe is gonna find itself in my fridge tomorrow!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/