Page 125 of 536 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 125

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Such a lovely day in wellington. had lots of fun all day long and now i'm zonked. technically, i should go skating this evening, but i'm all tired again. i'm hopeing DS goes to bed early. I need some grown-up time.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    or put [img] in front of it and [/img] at the end of it and get this:

Beautiful photo.
    Yep, stunning!

The scenery isn't bad either ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Finally stopped procrastinating and started painting our house today.
    A little bit pinker than is probably sensible, but it's not sore and will be nice and brown in a day too.
    I just hate the way sunscreen feels on my skin and forgot to cover up at one point.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    The scenery isn't bad either ;-)
    lmao makes the deep south look deceptively mediterannean. i so hate sunscreen too. just put a hat and a long sleeved shirt on if i remember in the middle of the day. only sunscreen the face but that is commercial SPF whatever moisturiser happens to be on special when i run out OMG!!!! which is so not very alternative of me. what colour are you painting the house?

Going for this on the weather boards:

And this on the window frames:

The old paint has all bubbled up, so there's a lot if prep to do, which is the pain in the arse. I don't actually mind the painting.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    so quite muted then? is it an old villa or a modern house? i've always been tempted to paint one of my houses some funky wild colours but never quite got around to it. vivid purple for example lol i like painting but totally agree about the prep. if you dont get it right, the painting goes wrong so you are stuck with it.

roast wild pork leg was awesome. last one tho which is very sad as you cant buy it in the shops. i think i am going to be brave and try liver and egg curry for lunch tomorrow. i also like the look of this recipe
    Thai-style fried rice my plan being to do it with cauliflower and scallops as that is what i have in the house right now.

It's a 1960's weatherboard and wrinkly iron roofer, originally a 3 beddy which had another 2 stuck on at the back in the 80s.
    Was a complete dump when we bought it 7 years ago and we've been slowly doing it up. Just the outside and the master bedroom to go now and it's finished.

Have my eye on a 5 acre plot of land a bit further out of the big smoke, so might test the market in a month or two.
    If it sells for the kind of prices houses around here are going for now, it could be time to get move the kombi onto a lifestyle block while we build. Then i can get my own chooks for eggs, kept well away from the dogs obviously..

Ah, I can dream :-)

Bearcat is offline Junior Member
    Hi Zoebird, I saw your post on the frustration thread and wondered if you had tried Splash on Victoria St? I've bought in separates there but it was a few years ago.
    Also could I ask - do you do any of Marks "heavy lifting" other than yoga? I am a complete terrible novice at yoga but am finding that I really enjoy it and it seems to be enough by itself to help me get stronger. Even if I do play my one beginner dvd over and over! That yogoglo looks really good - I've been trying yogaonline but found it a bit short on direction for a newbie.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Bearcat,

I just found them (Splash), but I haven't had the time to go over there yet.

I just do yoga at this point. I don't think I need to do much else.

If you are in Wellington, come over and hit a class. Here's my place.

Bearcat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Zoebird - I think the yoga might be enough for me too and the good thing is I don't have to make myself do it!
    Great website and also great location! I did use to live in Wellington and work in the CBD but am now up in Auckland. I do like to come down and visit though - its great to stay in the CBD for a long weekend - so I'll remember your place. I could do with some good instruction