Page 124 of 533 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 124

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i find i get quite aggro on sugar. the thing is, bearing in mind i am old enough, ugly enough and aware enough, and i still sometimes feel like the frog in a boiling pot. so if i cant pick it, even when i know. if i just got hyped, it could be quite useful as sometimes i need superhuman energy to get thru the day lol i am still going for total sugar avoidance. a paleo mug cake after training with just coconut oil, cocoa, egg, vanilla, banana and coconut oil tastes like real sweet cake.
    when you say chocolate christmas houses. do you make them with just chocolate or cookies and then chocolate ice them? i was thinking of doing some printen cookies but with almonds/coconut flour/tapioca as the main flavour is the spices. but then i still have to deal with the sugar and i dont want it. i guess i could use honey as that is well doable with printen cookies. but truly, i can make the kids some GF urban legend choc chip cookies and they will be happy and i wont have to eat them. so my aim i think is a low carb sugar free xmas.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I have never been able to make gingerbread, so last christmas I made a chocolate house instead, decorated like a christmas gingerbread house. Since changing my lifestyle I have been fiddling around with 80% chocolate, and reckon I could make a house decorated with dried fruit and nuts, instead of lollies. I shall try and post a picky, but you know me and pickies - don't really work too well !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

as it so happens we just made GF gingerbread men whilst we were waiting for the farrier. they stuck together like real cookies too. what i do is fudge the butter, sugar and either honey or golden syrup so as it helps hold together when they are done. i never use baking powder or baking soda either. we used honey as i am way behind with keeping up the golden syrup supply as i never use it. by fudge what i mean is you boil it all up as if you are making fudge and then let it bubble gentle for a while. till it is sorta fudgy but only partway fudgy. bubbly rotorua mud lol honey does fudge up pretty quick so dont burn it. then you let it cool before you add the eggs for obvious reasons. i often put the flour in first to help cool it. my middle one did say we could make them with just honey and butter and coconut flour and tapioca flour so i could have them for xmas which i am sure would work. another trick is to put gelatin in baked goods to hold it together when it is cold. you would need to melt it into some liquid so that is a consideration as not many cookies have liquid and it is quite the trick to melt gelatin into butter. need to remember not to feed it to vegetarians tho. my biscuits still do work if i dont fudge or gelatin them as i make the urban legend choc chip cookie recipe GF with raisins instead of choc chips and no one ever notices. very definitely go for nuts and dried fruit for decorations. home made marzipan with almonds or even pecans. yumm. also look up some of the traditional european xmas cookies to give some spice ideas for the gingerbread bit. if i do have a moment and make some coconut flour and tapioca cookies with just honey and they work, i will post a recipe.

re: piccies. get a photobucket account. load it up there and you can just post a url. like this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/seaweed7/me-1.jpg
    which is poss one of my fave pics of all time. the kids took it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    or put [img] in front of it and [/img] at the end of it and get this:

Beautiful photo.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yeah, sugar is a monster. Add sugar and wheat together and DS is a mess -- poor boy. us too, though.

i went all out and bought corn chips yesterday. I just wanted salsa and chips. I was going to try rice crackers, but those have a lot of crap in them compared to: corn, sunflower oil, salt. So, I went with corn chips. I haven't had corn chips in over a year. they were ok. They don't taste like anything much but salt and salsa.

roler derby NSO today. Also taught a yoga class this morning -- 9 people. It's the 3rd class, so that's not too shabby.

I was going to try rice crackers
    rice crackers are nasty and tasteless. you could prob make plantain or kumara chips somehow? those primal sunflower and sesame seed crackers are actually ok as a once in a hardly ever treat too. i need to find a yoga class but it usually works out too far to travel. so i prob need to find some yoga moves to do at home. one of my friends does myyoga online or whatever it is?

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yogaglo is decent. or it's yoga glow? I cant' remember. there's lots of stuff on youtube as well.

i will check that site out later. have managed 12ks today with the kids so i am very happy. it was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and there had to be icecream involved but yay! the dog had a party too. i have worked out dessert recipe of the century. it has some amazing potential. however, today i am stuck home as my rear tyre is down to the metal and there is a few ks of nasty chunky sharp gravel between me and anywhere. so... the recipe. melt some coconut oil, whip up some cream. when it is thick, add in some vanilla and whip in the melted coconut oil and put it in the fridge to set. the endless potential is things like fruit ( lemon zest or pineapple, strawberries or raspberries, oranges ), chocolate, bits of chocolate or cocoa powder, flaked almonds, dried fruit. dried fruit soaked in rum for xmas lol it does need to be the type of coconut oil that you can eat off the spoon. so yes. quite exciting. it is pudding to go with the gross hardship of having to raid the freezer and have roast leg of wild pork for dinner!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    . so... the recipe. melt some coconut oil, whip up some cream. when it is thick, add in some vanilla and whip in the melted coconut oil and put it in the fridge to set. the endless potential is things like fruit ( lemon zest or pineapple, strawberries or raspberries, oranges ), chocolate, bits of chocolate or cocoa powder, flaked almonds, dried fruit. dried fruit soaked in rum for xmas lol it does need to be the type of coconut oil that you can eat off the spoon.
    I'm gonna try this, thanks Seaweed.

i would think you would need not have had some sugar for a while to get away without sweetening it. a smidgen of honey, some coconut sugar or some melted chocolate or even a banana may work. let us know how you make it.