Page 122 of 534 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 122

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I could be up for that Seaweed !!! usually our christmases are soooooooo busy that I don't enjoy them, but this year we will be just Darby and Joan ! We will be out for breaky with middle DD and her BF and then away down to fairlie for a meal either christmas day or boxing day..........so quite the relaxed season here. I havn't caught up with youngest DD in America for a week or two, so I think they went to Florida for thanks giving. I need to skype her to find out if she was bitten by an aligator! Thats what I relate to Florida....sad really....cos they possibly only have a couple, and they are behind a big wire fence !!!! LOL
    Northern Australia is the same. I can't go way up there because that big old croc might get me !!!!!!! LOL....bl--dy sad
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i know hippos kill more people than crocs annually in africa. but i never worry about them lol i may go with staunching out xmas day and then doing something boxing day with just me and the kids. food will be the trick as food i shouldnt really be eating and major stress dont go well together.

I have heard that about Hippos, so another reason for me not to swim in Africa !!!!!!
    I think that I need to crawl into a wee box, and not do anything adventurous any more !!!!! LOL sux to be me !!!!!!
    Right Seaweed we need to implement some stress reducers......I am one to talk !!!!!!
    But lets have some ideas on how to make this christmas stressless !!!!!!!
    We all need to pool some ideas for happy healthy primal snacks, so as sugar and grains don't spoil it for us.........and I need some ideas on what to send youngest DD and her host family in america, for christmas !!!!!!!
    H-E-L-P

...small steps....

But lets have some ideas on how to make this christmas stressless !!!!!!!
    have the aliens capture my exhusband and keep him?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    From 23 Dec until 25 Dec I'm going to be cleaning and decluttering my house and doing some relaxing and hiking around town. We might also go out for a meal or something.

We don't reinact santa/etc, or really celebrate christmas, so I'm not worried about it.

Then, on the 26th of december, my ILs arrive at 8 am. We will take them to breakfast, and then on to the hostel where they are staying, and see how they feel. Our friends have an annual celebration at the hotel where they work, which is for staff and friends and people who don't have family in town, etc. We'll go to that with my ILs, so that they can meet many of our friends who will be attending. THen we'll take them back to the hostel.

After that, we have 3 more days in wellington, and then we are spending 5 days up the coast (kapiti). Then, we are back in Wellington for a week, and then off to Ngawi for 4 days (skipping monday, returning Tuesday), I have to get back by 11, so we'll leave at 8 am or some such. Then there's a last day in Wellington, and they leave at 5 or something on the 15th of Jan.

I'm not looking forward to being with my ILs, but I am looking forward to doing fun stuff with DS and DH.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Tips for avoiding christmas stress? You must be joking right Gwamma? ummmmmmm........I'd say avoid anyone with 'in law' after their name, should prevent most issues!

I'm planning a christmas at our house, so if anyone wants to see us they have to come to us this time around. My house, my rules, my food, my party basically. I'm thinking I might just ditch Primal for the day - but then I've often thought this on special ocassions only to find that I don't want to eat other stuff anyway.

Breakfast - bubbles (lots of) with maybe smoked salmon on bagels or croissants and cream chees, maybe a full cooked breakfast for DH.
    Lunch - bubbles (lots of), ham and salad followed by trifle
    Dinner - bubbles (lots of), BBQ with salad and more trifle probably!

We usually end up grazing on chocolates and nuts throughout the day. Think DH's parents will come over mid morning (plan to rid the house of them by lunchtime), have invited some famliless friends over but waiting to hear what their plan is, and my parents should arrive late afternoon and will stay for 5 days after. I usually do a big order online shopping to be delivered christmas eve or the 23rd if they're not delivering that late so I don't even have to brave the supermarket.

Eeeep, having a bad back day today. It came on really suddenly yesturday for no reason that I can think of, so I spent my entire cooking class standing and trying to stretch without anyone seeing. Took two panadol and 30mg of codeine at bedtime and slept like a baby though! Not sure what triggered this which is very annoying, I had a quiet day yesturday, I did read a bit at my desk (thinking not so good for my posture) and I did have a quiet Diet Coke at lunchtime (first one in at least two months). Could be either one of those things I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely, I did have a bit of a stressful hour in the afternoon trying to panic shop for neice and nephew in Dubai (family presents being posted today) with two grumpy kids, so maybe I can blame that too. Again, doesn't seem likely. Frustrating.

LL I hope that back is feeling better, as the day goes on. I have a wee gut episode last night - like it blew up to about 8 months pregnant size. Very sore, very uncomfortable, diahorr.....actually you DO NOT want to know. Am feeling a wee bit better today

...small steps....

Awwww gwamma thats awful. Glad you're feeling better today though. Back is still ouchy today, I've stayed away from the codeine but have downed some ibuprofen mid morning which helped a little (I forgot my fish oil cap this morning duh) but I feel quite 'bruised' which is very odd.

Just recieved my copy of Healthy Food Guide mag which I get each month through work, they had a nice christmas gifty/snacky idea (you could replace the cranberries with other dried fruit or maybe some dark chock if it has too much sugar for you):
    Christmas Trail
    Glass jar with lid
    1/4 c salt
    2 x 70g packets of blanched whole almonds
    150g dried cranberries
    1c shredded coconut

Pour salt and almonds into a small non-stick frying pan. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan from time to time until almonds turn golden (be careful they burn easily). Pour almonds into sieve and shake off excess salt.
    Layer ingredients in glass jar, starting with almonds then cranberry then cocnut. Close lid.
    Instructions Shake jar, pour contents into serving plate, and have a fantastic christmas.

i am still voting for the pecan brittle off OMG paleo for xmas. and lmao LL
    I'd say avoid anyone with 'in law' after their name, should prevent most issues!
    pretty much nails it if you add in anyone with ex before their name as well.

well the sun came out today. i went for a crime spree across the harbour on the unregistered hog lol had some steak for breakfast and a huge salad for lunch so i am feeling lots better. i am in love with my new coconut oil too.

Look what was waiting for me when I arrived home from work (hope this link works!):

So excited, might need to pull out the bubbles tonight to celebrate.