Page 120 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 120

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    until relatively recently i could say the same thing. funny tho coz i love creamed coconut to almost addiction levels and i like things made with coconut milk or cream but i dont like dessicated or shredded sort of coconut. it is sunny down here and i have to get stuck indoors working soon. booo!!! it is so rare we see the sun these days =(

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Boo, work is just wrong when the weather beautiful!

Nah I don't eat the CO neat, but I use it in lots of cooking and have been doing so for a long time before I even heard of Primal. I love coconut cream, not so much neat either but in cooked items or with berries - yum! I use a smallish amount of coconut flour and desicated coconut also.

Day one today of my newly revised childcare plan..........husband is doing overtime for the next month so can't do the SAHD thing on Thurs and Fri. So what we've organised is for missy to do 9-12 at daycare, then I drive across town () and transfer her to kindy for the rest of the afternoon. Round trip took about 40 mins today. What a faff! I take pity on DH because he is stuck in his perfect, ideal job as Mr 2IC with little chance of ever becoming number 1, so when he gets the chance to take charge of big project like this I can't say no. I also let him do a 'ferry flight' when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter, which means that he went along for the ride while they slowly flew a new helicopter from Italy to Australia. The sacrifices we make for our husband's careers eh?

Still no joy with the sandals yet. Will keep looking, and I ran out of time to look for the swimsuit too.

in a skype meeting gazing out the window at the sun longingly. no swim suits here yet either. i was thinking earlier i need to get onto it. found this too. fascinating or what?
    Belly Button Navel Ecosystems Explored - science | Stuff.co.nz
    i wonder what big metal bars thru it do?

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristina520 View Post
    I would say hello from across the ditch but after the Wallabies effort, I will hang my head in shame and reappear when I have something to gloat about
    As well you should... American Wallaby supporters are the worst!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Just had a beautiful walk outside! It's very nice out. PIcked up DS from kindy.

I am having such a struggle with DH. I think we should move back into town for three reasons: 1. less commuting (which I hate); 2. better construction/space organization/appearance (i know it's shallow, but a really nice modern kitchen and bath would be pleasant); and 3. closer to all of the amenities that we normally use every week (and often on weekends) here in the city. It would give us more time as a family, more time as a couple, and more time at work -- which would be really damn pleasant.

Dh has a "feeling" about where we live. He likes the way it "feels" and how it's more like a neighborhood where he grew up. He also utilizes it more. He goes to a local cafe to write 3 times a week (4 if he can): Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Monday mornings.

But my experience is different. On Mondays, I get up and clean the house and then go to the office at 11. DS and I go swimming between 2 and 5, while DH is at the gym. I teach the afternoon class and I'm home at 7/7:30. I'm exhausted, usually, and sometimes skip this dinner and go to bed around 9/9:30.

On Tuesdays - Thursdays, I leave home at 8 am and return at 7:30 pm. On Fridays, we get home around 3:30. DH will go and write, and typically DS and I go to the park then. We get home around 5. On saturday, I come into town to teach in the morning, and then in the afternoon, drive DS out to petone (while DH writes) for archery. On Sunday, while DH is writing, DS and I come into town to go grocery shopping. This leaves us with an afternoon together, wherein DH usually wants to come into town and do something.

Which means that I'm usually in town -- not in our suburb. And, driving around a lot more than I'd like. I wanted to move into a place where I could walk to work. I had that the first year we were here. Now I don't. And it's annoying. And it's like this need doesn't rank higher than how dh "feels" about a place.

The reality is that if we moved into town, I could walk to work, work from 8-12 to do administrative stuff, then work 12-2 teaching. DH would drive DS to school (8-9), and then either A. come to the office or B. stay home and write (or go to a cafe for this). While I'm teaching, DH would pick up DS, and return home to make lunch/breakfast, and I'd be able to walk back home and we could have lunch together. DH could then do his gym, write, go to the office, or we could have family time and go to the park or pool (walking). Or, just stay home and relax.

Then, I could get DS into PJs and ready for bed, while DH rests and preps dinner, and I'll head back to the studio to teach the evening class, returning home around 6:30 to have dinner as a family. We could have DS doing stories as early as 7:30, and in bed by 8. Giving us two comfortable hours for ourselves.

I would still be doing things like groceries and driving DS to petone for archery. And we would still go swimming and to the park and things like that -- but it would be a choice, not because we are looking for ways to stay in town until the next class and still ahve some relaxing, family time. And, if I just wanted to have a day at home -- but pop in to teach my classes -- I could.

I don't get why he gets so frustrated with me when I just lay out the facts. But, you can't fight feelings, I suppose.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like there's other unverbalised factors in DH's stance. Maybe he didn't like where you were before? Maybe he doesn't like the idea of being 'urban'?

In unrelated news, we're going to be in Petone over christmas. Where is the archery?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

No, when we moved from our last place to our current place, he sid for a week that he "might have made a mistake in the move."

He also likes the idea of being urban. If we lived in copenhagen, we would live urban, and he'd be fine with it.

I think he just has a romantic notion of the neighborhood (and I can see why), but if we're not there to enjoy it and it makes our life harder, why bother?

Randwick Archery Club

We mostly go and watch right now (at the range) because there aren't any lessons set up. Hopefully, DS will be able to get lessons soon.

i personally reckon unless you live way out in the boonies like i do, there is no real advantage to living in the 'burbs. you may as well have the benefits of living in the city.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    As well you should... American Wallaby supporters are the worst!
    Misabi its a spambot. We have had that line copied about 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Just had a beautiful walk outside! It's very nice out. Picked up DS from kindy.
    Zoebird I really don't know how you do everything that you do in a day. Our life would be terrible if we had a structured day. Dh is always late and that would stress me to the max, and if I was any more laid back I would be horizontal !!!! LOL so it wouldn't work for us... but well done on you for making it work.
    Out to a Lions dinner tonight, so will be back to check up on you all - later !!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....