Page 12 of 522 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 12

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i got my clubbells from your neck of the woods. supasport i think they are called. only $54 each which i reckon works out cheaper than making a decent one. as to the full on gym in the garage, lucky you! i have 6kg, 5kg and 3kg dumbells, a boxing bag and a hula hoop lol and now the clubbells too. my 6kg dumbells double as those ab roller core trainer things as they roll. the rest of it is my ass and the hills.

how are you feeling after the choc and dried fruit? i am almost 2 weeks now VLC and today i was able to get out of bed when the alarm went off without hitting snooze and without feeling like i have been hit on the head with one of my clubbells.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Feel ok after my small nibble on the chocolate and dried fruit, so thank goodness for that. I am now going to concentrate fully on losing this weight. My carbs most days lately are between 0 - 10 gm, and I seem to be doing ok on that.
    Fantastic that you are feeling good today. It is great to bounce out of bed all set for the day.
    Off for my mammogram now - yay NOT

be good
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

be good
    lmao the trick is to not get caught! awesome you were able to only have a few pieces. i have to avoid that stuff or i eat it all and then feel very sick.

Lady in red is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=zoebird;957077]breadcrumbs are just filler in meatballs, we've never used them when we make any kind of ball, patty, etc.

But they also add texture to the meat balls and it stops them sticking to the pan when frying and they fall to bits, well they did last night. Will try some home made LSA, e.g. bought seeds which I grind myself. Thanks guys

having all sorts of fun with the clubbells lol i so wish i could have gotten a smaller set as these are 6kg each. i can do barbarian squats and some of these Clubbell - Iron Cross - YouTube front swings and pendulums and arm casts. after that it gets hairy so i may have to train more. or just do one at a time to start. it gives me that feeling i get after i've sprinted up part of the hill near me and i stop and it all overtakes me and i feel real puffed and my heart is going real fast.

have fun girl !!!!! I might just stick to my elbow bending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i.e. raising the bottle of red to my lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

NZBee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    have fun girl !!!!! I might just stick to my elbow bending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i.e. raising the bottle of red to my lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now that is my kind of exercise, will google clubbells shortly as I have no idea what they are, but they sound vaguely scary. I have not really done much in the way of exercise so far except a couple of push ups now and then (and I do mean a couple, as in 2 before collapsing in a sweaty heap). I don't drive though so do quite a bit of walking to get from A to B so I'm not totally lazy. I would like to start the lift heavy things part of this though as I think if I start off gently and carefully a bit more muscle and strength will help take the load off my joints a bit.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we've never had that problem. honestly. the texture is fine for us, and then it's a matter of having a hot-enough pan to sear. sometimes we add bacon or duckfat to the iron skillet, but not usually.

Hi Zoebird - how are things up in Wellington ??? and where do you buy duck fat ?

G

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I got duck fat at moore wilsons, but you might be able to get it at a butcher or speciality place.