Page 118 of 532 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 118

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here I was thinking that I must be the only person snobby enough to refuse to shop at PnS. We got a new store built here just over a year ago and I've never even been in it, makes me feel like a poor student or like I'm on the DPB which is awful and snobby and talk about stereotyping (I know).........I also don't ever go to KFC and the main reason is not necessarily the nutritional value of the food but because I hate standing in line behind overweight women wearing horrible track pants. Makes me feel fat by default!
    I feel so much better that there are 2 of us! i dont like KFC so it is no loss. i did once get locked in KFC which was very funny as i said to the guy as he was letting us out that it was my living nightmare. he was astounded and said it would be most people's dream. wtf?

I so need me a swimsuit as well !!!
    since the string on the top of my ed hardy knock off bikini broke on the way out of the spa pool in our local swimming pool, i have needed one too! one very unpleasant incident but thankfully i managed to staunch it out. it is on my list of things to look for on trademe.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    since the string on the top of my ed hardy knock off bikini broke on the way out of the spa pool in our local swimming pool, i have needed one too! one very unpleasant incident but thankfully i managed to staunch it out.
    OMG Worse. Nightmare. Ever. You must be staunch! My current tankini has lost some of its elasticity so I end up with saggy bum syndrome which leads to PUC which is sooooo unattractive.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I'm going to a shop later today to look at and get fitted for bikinis. Apparently this lady helps you pick ones for your body type. I figure that going during menses is the right time, because it's when I'm the biggest.

I'm also prioritizing buying a made-in-NZ suit since it will be fair trade and low shipping. Hopefully, we'll find just the right thing!

In terms of shoes, I'm currently wearing vibrams all the time, but I'm actually looking at moving to OKAb ballet flats.

I figure that I can move my vibrams to being athletic shoes, and use those for day wear in the city. They are still relatively minimalist, and being recyclable, that's really cool. When they wear out, I'll just put them in the recycle bin! Sweet!

I think that I would prefer a more finished, less sporty look for next year. But, for now, the shoes that I have are good.

you will find if you ever end up in that situation, you have to staunch it out. it also draws alot less attention to the situation if you act natural, pick up you bikini top and tie it up like nothing has happened and you really dont care lol you can then go hide in the toilet and pass out.

i move around too much on the wrong surfaces to have shoes like ballet flats and i have a high arch so they would fall off or get stones from the dirt roads around here in them. i have a pair of soul shoes sandals i wear when i go out of the hood. well along with the plethora of long black boots and work boots. but my preference in the summer is my leather sandals. which are made in raglan no less.

I've read about soul shoes. I was looking into locally made shoes. . . they are great, but I prefer a traditional ballet flat look.

Also, I just live in the city. When I do go out onto trails and the like, it's easy enough to wear the vibrams. But since I mostly live as a city-person, and I have no issues with my feet, ballet flats are a good look and work well for me.

also, as these are recycleable plastic, apparently they are waterproof, too, which will be helpful in winter.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Just had a look at those soul shoes, some nice products there. Unfortunately I can't do backless types, so that rules out most of their styles - the search continues.

yes and you can also get nasty rub blisters from leather sandals in the rain. i have found out the hard way! raglan is not that far from wellington tho on the general scale of things. i do like actual ballet shoes but they wouldn't even last to my car i dont think. from memory soul shoes itself was for sale on trademe a year or so ago. there is mckinlays too but i have never found their designs particularly inspiring.

I love the basic mckinlay's boots for children in all of those colors -- and told them that they should make them for adults because I would BUY THEM. the women's designs are :P . . .. not to my taste.

There's a pair of the men's soul shoes that I liked -- sort of loafer like and very simple (did they have a kung fu name). anyway. . .

shop for bikinis this afternoon.

i used to get the kids the mckinlay's kids boots. i think you can get soul shoes made for you in different colours. and i am sure mckinlays would make you some too. i just googled soul shoes and it looks like they've redone alot of their range and they now do recycled shoes too. next time i need a pair of leather sandals, i will look into it.