Page 117 of 533 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 5322

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 117

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    with the exception of the veges and obviously i used rabbit, not beef. that is pretty much what i used spicewise. garam marsala, cardamon, whole star anise, whole cloves, fresh ginger and garlic. i added in some cinnamon as an after thought. oh plus the can of coconut milk. maybe i stuff up but if i lob everything in my cast iron fry pan in sorta logically order, i have curry in 15 or so mins so i never know why i need to slow cook it.

what is beef tendon in kiwi ? ie what would i find it labelled as in the supermarket?
    Normally labelled "beef tendons" at Pak n save :-)

They take a long time to cook and it's best to do it low and slow, but great for your joints.
    The idea of this dish is that it should be more or a broth/soup than a curry sauce, but you certainly can improvise.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    lol i am way too stuck up to go to pak and save! the broth soup bit sorta makes sense as you get stuff all evapouration in a slow cooker. the way i cook mine, it cooks down to quite a thick curry sauce without needing any additional thickening.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    I'm sure your local butcher would be able to supply beef tendons.
    Food You Should Be Eating: Beef Tendon | kitchenhacker.net

What's really good is that if you use fatty cuts of meat, like brisket on the bone or cheap lamb cuts, you get a good layer of fat on the top that I scoop off and save to fry eggs or veggies in. Has all the flavour of the spices in the pot.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx for that Misabi, I so need me some good recipes..... Seaweed I don't enjoy pac 'n ' save because it is sooooooo cold. I always come out of there with a chill LOL
    Managed to mow the whole lawn with the ride on today, but it was quite high, so not picking up huge amounts of grass. Always look good thou - after a mow !!!!!! I am a poet and I didn't know it !!!!!!
    sorry have been drinking the red stuff !!!!
    DH stressed to the max, so I still haven't been swimming in the last day or two. I will set the alarm for 6am and do it then !!!!!!!
    I hope you all have a great nights sleep !!!! I certainly shall after a page or two of 50 shades.....althou the sex stuff is getting a weeeee bit boring now. I may have to revert to a Jeffery dreaver or a lee child ????? just for a little grounding ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i will look harder next time i am at the shops. i usually give that bit of any deer legs i get to the dog but i will make an effort on the next one too. have you tried niter kibbeh which is ethiopian spiced ghee?

sorry have been drinking the red stuff !!!!
    dont worry i had a weekend on the whiskey so i am not going to stand in judgement. i have finished my book too and there was too many people parked outside the library when i went past so i am getting frustrated as i am bookless.
    forgot to say i got my minimuses back today yay! no more wandering around the boonies in workboots for me!!!

I have so many books seaweed I could post some to you !!!!!! I have a library !!!!!!! PM me what your interested in !!!!

...small steps....

i will do. i have decided i am gonna BP coffee fast again tomorrow. way too much food today so i will take a break.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Here I was thinking that I must be the only person snobby enough to refuse to shop at PnS. We got a new store built here just over a year ago and I've never even been in it, makes me feel like a poor student or like I'm on the DPB which is awful and snobby and talk about stereotyping (I know).........I also don't ever go to KFC and the main reason is not necessarily the nutritional value of the food but because I hate standing in line behind overweight women wearing horrible track pants. Makes me feel fat by default!

Yay for new shoes Seaweed. I still need to get me some for summer to replace my beautiful merrell barefoots which will be pointless when my new orthotics arrive. I've done a bit of reading about my injury and every website recommends good supportive, padded soles to prevent further injury or exacerbation. Grumble, grumble.....might pop out at lunchtime today and see if I can find anything suitable. On the upside I also need a new swimsuit so at least I'll be getting something enjoyable too.

happy shopping LL. I so need me a swimsuit as well !!! But not today

...small steps....