Page 115 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 115

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    on the subject of coconut. i found this
    Lime and coconut sponge pudding i want to try to make it into a paleo mug cake. i have lemon not lime and i have coconut flour not wheat flour and i dont want to put any sugar in. prob divide the qty by 3 to make it with one egg. so we shall see. an experiment. it would be relatively easy to primalise for the kids with something like ground almonds and honey. but ditching the sugar may be more of an issue.
    Sounds like a lot of substitutions to make. Let us know if it works out.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow you have all been busy while I have been away.... crazy day here....so much to do, so little time........
    anyway tomorrow is another day ! I have only just got dinner on the go - too late, however at least we will eat well tonight....more lamb chops lathered in oil and mint, salad and mashed potatos for the DH.
    I shall catch you all in the morning
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    just had a scallop omlette for breakfast. i had been on the mug cakes as i have some very overripe bananas. i feel so much more well if i have something like scallops vs some fake cake for breakfast. fake cakes are doable. you see i havent had sugar for so long that any approximation of a cake is gonna taste cakey lol i am sure there is something to our reward centres in our brain wired to like cake. butter rabbit for dinner. i've roasted the rabbit while i was making the kids some GF bread for lunches so i am gonna follow gwamma's recipe and use that instead of chicken.

re the coconut mug cake

off the top of my head, i would go..
    1egg
    1/4 C @ of milk and coconut milk or prob 1/2 c coconut milk
    rind and juice of about half a lemon or lime
    1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
    1/2 - 1 tbsp coconut flour ( readjust depending on end result )
    pinch baking soda

i reckon it would be quite savoury but i like that. you could add some cinnamon to sweeten it a bit. then just follow the recipe on how to make. the appeal with trying this recipe is the custardy bit at the bottom and the cakey bit on top. i have decided too for things like paleo xmas sweets. i am making small small qtys and everyone else can have the GF things as they like them more than the pimped out paleo stuff and i dont need the temptation!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Scallop omelette for breakfast? OMG you are my hero! Yummmo!

Just a boring bacon/vege omelette here in the naki, but it was enjoyable.

I agree with your comment about all that 'pimped out paleo' food, like seriously such huge amounts of artificial sweetners (not even stevia) or tons of honey, and almond or nut flour by the tub full. Talk about loaded with calories and nasties. I downloaded a free kindle cookbook yesturday for paleo snack food - don't think I'll be trying any of the recipes as they all used ingredients I'm out of the habit of using.

Just been off to the Dr with missy this morning because she decided to post a bead into her right ear! By the time we got to the Dr's it was gone though, so we are assuming that it fell out at some stage thankfully. I had visions of spending the entire day in A&E while they extracted said bead.......nightmare.

Just been off to the Dr with missy this morning because she decided to post a bead into her right ear! By the time we got to the Dr's it was gone though, so we are assuming that it fell out at some stage thankfully. I had visions of spending the entire day in A&E while they extracted said bead.......nightmare.
    that would be my nightmare. thankfully so far one of my younger kids went to the doctor for a 6 week checkup/lecture about having a negligent non vaxing parent and that is the sum total of our tangles with the medical establishment in the last almost 12 years. Long may it remain that way as i really dislike those interactions.

for some reason i dont usually do bacon omlettes. i dont know why but usually it is kai moana omlette of some kind or i have a thing for camembert/brie omlettes in the morning. bacon is kinda interesting. i think i have never gotten over not being able to have bacon sandwiches with crispy streaky bacon and butter so i am still sulking. i do put it in stuff but more as an incidental ingredient. what is nice is pan fried chicken breast with streaky bacon and fried eggs. or i do it with venison instead of chicken. i was thinking of doing diced streaky bacon, garlic, fry it for a while. throw in some scallops. deglaze with cream, smidgen of white wine maybe, salt and pepper and have that for lunch with steamed veges. except i have no bacon lol

morning troups.
    that breaky does sound amazing Seaweed... I so need to vamp my breakies up
    LL I am so please that little bead made its way out of said ear. One of my many sisters put a pencil up her nose as a young kid, you know the ones with the rubber on the end......... whenever i see Arnald Swartznager pulling that thing out of his nose i think of my wee sister !!!!!!!
    A'n'Es hmmmmmmmmm another story altogether. We have had our fair share.... what with motorcross motorbikes, farm mishaps etc.....
    The worst one was when my DH got discittus in his spine. Local dr fobbed us off, and to cut a really L-o-n-g story short...... everyone fobbed us off, but you don't have high temp with no ability to move for no reason.......anyway Dr brother told me to get to a'n'e stat, where he was finally diagnosed with Discitus that had turned into osteomyelitus...... nasty. So in hospital for 2 weeks on high doses of intravenous antibiotics, then home with a picline, which I had to mix up and administer 2mg of cephlazoline x 12 syringes/day into this pic line. That went on for 12 weeks. It was just horrific, but because our dr rang a'n'e ahead of the ambulance to say that there was nothing wrong with him, that he could work out, we were left in the hospital coridoor for 3 hours, until we were seen. The following year - you may remember - a guy we knew was turned away from CHCH a'n'e with the same condition, and he went home and died.....so I am pleased that I had the forethought to take him in.
    So that is just one of the many public hospital cock ups that I could tell you about, and thankfully we are here to tell the tale !!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Sleep well.
    Thanx Annie, Not sleeping so well at the moment - because DH isn't. So hes rattling around at 2 or 3 in the morning, with no thought to others sleeping !!!!!!! Men !!!!

...small steps....

that breaky does sound amazing Seaweed... I so need to vamp my breakies up
    for some reason the first cup of coffee of the day always tastes the best so i like my breakfasts to be good too. simple but good. i have done scallops with fennel and early garlic and cultured cream over pan fried mushrooms and steak for lunch which is very nice. i need to go pick up my new pair of minimuses as they replaced the last ones. dithering whether to ride the bike which as no rego or drive the car which has no warrant lol the weather looks pretty like it is gonna pack in soon too so i may wait till after school and take the kids with me.

hes rattling around at 2 or 3 in the morning, with no thought to others sleeping !!!!!!! Men !!!!
    mine gets up at 3am to go to work. from years and years of having sceadugenga or small shreiking children with no respect for the dark hours, i just go back to sleep.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post

sceadugenga
    what may I ask is sceadugenga ????????

and yes that first coffee of the day is the best !!!!!

...small steps....