Page 114 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 5243

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 114

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    seaweed I bought me some ylang ylang.....how much do i add to the coconut oil ???
    there are 20 drops in a ml. usually you go for a 2% mix? maths time! 0.4 ml is 20% of 20ml. so 4 drops per 20ml? the theory too is essential oils are incredibly concentrated so less is more. keep the fragrance subtle as well.

i use coconut oil to clean my face sometimes but it always seems way too much of a drama. i never ever use soap on my face ever. just water. i maybe get a hormonal zit once in a blue moon but my skin is good. i dont moisturise either at night. havent for years and years. i did decide of recent i should put coconut oil on my face at nights but i keep forgetting. i sunblock in the mornings which i know is sposed to be bad. i have been oiling myself up after i've had a shower which i try to do at night or the dog follows me around with his tongue out lol still too early to make any call as to whether it has improved my skin or not. i also put coconut oil on my hair ends instead of morrocan oil. my hair is very long and in good nick so i dont know if it helps as i only use it sporadically as i really need to be going out or i get the afore mentioned problem with the coconut oil crazed dog trying to suck my hair every time it gets within reach.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have a coconut oil question. what brand does everyone use? i was using the deodourised stuff but got some of the normal stuff. force it down. gag lol then one of my mates has a different brand which smelt a whole heap nicer. it's more expensive but i can eat it by the spoon and it tastes good. i was suprised as i wouldnt have expected that much diff. previous brand was organic from health food shop. zenian i think? nice coconut oil is ceres organics coconut oil. also does anyone know where coconut oil fits in in the context of calories?
    I usually get Chantal VCO from a place call Trader James

But they also sell it here

or here

Also got some good stuff from an asian shop called ecosway (I think) which is in a couple of malls in Auckland, worked out slightly cheaper than Chantal but tasted just as good, if not better.

I have tried numerous cheap versions from Indian shops (all hideous) and even some organic VCO from a Fijian plantation (off Trademe) which looked fantastic, but tasted nasty compared to the good brands above... still have a couple of litres in my pantry
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I have tried numerous cheap versions from Indian shops (all hideous)
    I bought some a while back from Moshims, but it looked so gross (all brown and soft with things floating in it) that I threw it out without even tasting it. Too chicken!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Actually, might try giving this a go next time. I've never tasted the fermented oil before.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We use blue coconut for all personal hygene and then an organic oil (can't remember the name off the top of my head) for eating/cooking.

for sunscreen, we're going to be using zinc oxide powder in a lotion mix (home made) for when the sun is at it's 'worst.' so between 10 am and 4 pm. before or after, we won't need it, btu we won't likely be 'in' it during anyway.

yes, it's pancake-y, but no chemicals on the skin!

i am going to check out the other brands in the organic store when i go there next and see. i can eat the ceres one off the spoon without that stomach shuddering gagging i get from the bulk one from the organic store so i may just stick with that. it smells much nicer too. my real addiction is that creamed coconut stuff but it is so expensive. i will stick with it for a while and see if i notice any difference in anything.
    on the subject of coconut. i found this
    Lime and coconut sponge pudding i want to try to make it into a paleo mug cake. i have lemon not lime and i have coconut flour not wheat flour and i dont want to put any sugar in. prob divide the qty by 3 to make it with one egg. so we shall see. an experiment. it would be relatively easy to primalise for the kids with something like ground almonds and honey. but ditching the sugar may be more of an issue.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    I love this stuff - smells exactly like a bounty bar Coconut Oil - John Appleton

I'm thinking of trying ketosis again. . . I just haven't felt as physically good since I stopped. It's just the mental stuff that derailed me. Maybe the third time's the charm??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

i feel better with the VLC, hitting onto ketosis mentally for sure. i do struggle with not getting to eat real food. all that economic priviledge of eating free the animal fat bread and mascarpone for lunch and cream in everything with my macadamias. so yeah. it does need to be workable for us people with children to feed too. so what i have found is if i stick to VLC for myself. meat and veges. totally avoid grains and sugar and honey etc no cheats. flesh the kids portions of meals out with things like potatoes and cheese sauce. give them GF dessert. i can get by. once we start doing separate meals it gets too much.

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I have a bit of that going on. Also, though, because I can't eat dairy, nuts, avocado, or too much stuff like coconut cream, I get a bit stuck for what to eat. I travel a bit, from here to Auckland and Tauranga mostly, so I also need things to take with me that are OK cold and don't go yuck if they're out of the fridge. Any ideas??

It's good to know that you're still doing it - there was a rough patch there, emotionally, wasn't there?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

yes i tend to have extenuating circumstances which i never know if they are just that or the food running me down so i extenuate lol if i have to travel, i need to be organised. if i am organised it is all good as i have something to eat. what i really find hard is if i go somewhere and someone has done something special gluten free for me. bhuja mix for snacks was my last example. even eating a bit to be polite stuffs me up. whereas if i already had something i could eat vs refusing and eating nothing. it kinda is more acceptable to my perception of manners. so food on the road that i do... hard boiled eggs, creamed coconut, flask of fatty pork broth. cold cuts of meat with salt and veges. salad in a container with salad dressing separate to mix in. you could do a container of some kind of mousse or cold baked custard. smoked fish. flask of coffee or go buy a latte to look normal. salami. frittata. oodles of water.