Page 113 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 113

  1. #1121
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    men and their hairdos ehhh? Hope the scallops and whiskey went down well !!!!
    lmao the joke is he has no hair. i am the one with hair that would have gotten very windswept and interesting. scallops are still in the freezer. i have some rabbit to cook too today. whiskey is long gone. always good to go on a bender once in a while to challenge the system

    It shocks me that people fail to educate their children in basic manners until they are 12 or something. It's bizarre.
    kids are mimics as you said. i wont bore you with tales of the ex lol what i dont get is if kids are polite and well behaved life is so much easier for them as everyone is nice to them. the world is their oyster. you would think it wouldnt be rocket science to work it out.

    not much going on here today. there is sunlight yay! but not sure how together i am to do much more than my usual wander around the block and keep my nose to the grindstone and work for the day. and cook some rabbit while the kids arent looking lol maybe butter rabbit, or rabbit gumbo or greek rabbit stew!

  2. #1122
    Lizzielou's Avatar
    Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Did anyone see NZs got talent last night ? I so love Tamati. He is the most beautiful man, and yes I am being cougarish etc etc etc.... but us old Gwammas just about get away with anything !!!!!!
    Now Gwamma, you do know that Tamati is gay right? I'd agree that he is quite easy on the eye though! When Gok Kwon (sp?) was in NZ a few years back he saw Tamati reading the weather on Breakfast and developed a very public crush on him. Gok went out shopping with Tamati and his boyfriend after the show apparently, poor Gok missed out with Tamati already being married to some other bloke.

  3. #1123
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    i have a coconut oil question. what brand does everyone use? i was using the deodourised stuff but got some of the normal stuff. force it down. gag lol then one of my mates has a different brand which smelt a whole heap nicer. it's more expensive but i can eat it by the spoon and it tastes good. i was suprised as i wouldnt have expected that much diff. previous brand was organic from health food shop. zenian i think? nice coconut oil is ceres organics coconut oil. also does anyone know where coconut oil fits in in the context of calories?

  4. #1124
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    8,146
    Most oils and fats are between 100 and 120 calories per tablespoon. As to brands of coconut oil, I can't help you. I once got some as a gift and really didn't like it. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with my brain because so many folks rave about it here at MDA. I can also take or leave bacon, so just shoot me now.

  5. #1125
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    bacon i find too sweet as they usually use sugar in the curing process and i no longer eat sugar. so i can take it or leave it too. many more exciting things to be eating. that is what i meant too by in the context of calories. i dont want to be stuffing my face with coconut oil if i dont like it and using up my calories for the day.

  6. #1126
    Lizzielou's Avatar
    Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    654
    I tend to use the ceres brand too seaweed, only because its convenient to pick it up at the supermarket instead of a separate trip to the organic shop. I don't like that its deoderised because I think the less messing around with something the healthier its going to be. There was another brand I discovered at New World the other day, I have a work account at NW and don't normally shop there. It came in a smallish plastic tub, I think it was around $9 for 500g?
    This one: Buy Coconut Oil in NZ | lee-ann_wann - Lee-Anne Wann - Dicussing the benefits of Cocon... | Discover Coconut Oil | Buy Coconut

    I did pick up some lovely non-deoderised stuff from the organic shop a while back in a brown glass jar and also one a clear jar with a green label which was Zenian.

    This is an interesting article, it goes along nicely until a nasty dietician gets involved, oh and they reveal that Miranda Kerr is a raw vegan: Coconut Oil Miranda Kerr's Beauty Secret | Stuff.co.nz

  7. #1127
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    lol i read somewhere they misquoted her and she only really has 4 tsp a day. my dog loves coconut oil but havent tried the horse yet. if i put it on my hair or my skin the dog follows me around trying to lick me or suck the ends of my hair. he also loves creamed coconut. i only usually use the deodourised stuff for skin and hair. i sometimes lob it in mayonaise if i run out of olive oil. i also found by accident that it bakes like butter so is good for diary free people if you need to bake for them. i am still really getting into the coconut oil with ylang ylang and sandalwood mix which i am putting on my skin.

  8. #1128
    Annieh's Avatar
    Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    I tend to use the ceres brand too seaweed, only because its convenient to pick it up at the supermarket instead of a separate trip to the organic shop. I don't like that its deoderised because I think the less messing around with something the healthier its going to be. There was another brand I discovered at New World the other day, I have a work account at NW and don't normally shop there. It came in a smallish plastic tub, I think it was around $9 for 500g?
    This one: Buy Coconut Oil in NZ | lee-ann_wann - Lee-Anne Wann - Dicussing the benefits of Cocon... | Discover Coconut Oil | Buy Coconut

    I did pick up some lovely non-deoderised stuff from the organic shop a while back in a brown glass jar and also one a clear jar with a green label which was Zenian.

    This is an interesting article, it goes along nicely until a nasty dietician gets involved, oh and they reveal that Miranda Kerr is a raw vegan: Coconut Oil Miranda Kerr's Beauty Secret | Stuff.co.nz
    The only one I've found so far is Blue Coconut brand from New World. It is fine, I don't object to the taste, but I'd just as soon use butter.

  9. #1129
    Lizzielou's Avatar
    Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    654
    How do you use it on your skin seaweed? Like a moisturiser or as a cleanser like Zoe?

    I'm having zit issues ATM. My beautician was like 'oh no you can't use that rubbish' about my Proactiv use, but I have zitty skin and it worked. She recommended that I try their brand of expensive zit cleanser (Murad) so I have been trying that. I'm about a month into using is and I've found that my skin is repulsive! I've got the hugest pimple on on chin that I've ever had, its been there for 5 days now and looks as bad as ever, and I've got lingering remnants of at least two other zits on my chin, and one on my nose. I know its not like I've got cystic acne or anything, but I'm far too old to be suffering with crappy skin. So I'm looking to change up my skin regime and I'm undecided if I want to restock with Proactiv cleanser for $50 (not including p&p of course).

  10. #1130
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,186
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Now Gwamma, you do know that Tamati is gay right? I'd agree that he is quite easy on the eye though! When Gok Kwon (sp?) was in NZ a few years back he saw Tamati reading the weather on Breakfast and developed a very public crush on him. Gok went out shopping with Tamati and his boyfriend after the show apparently, poor Gok missed out with Tamati already being married to some other bloke.
    Oh yes I so know that - but he is just a beautiful man whatever his preferences. Actually the best babysitter we had - way back in the day, was our young gay neighbour, gorgeous gorgeous boy !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Most oils and fats are between 100 and 120 calories per tablespoon. As to brands of coconut oil, I can't help you. I once got some as a gift and really didn't like it. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with my brain because so many folks rave about it here at MDA. I can also take or leave bacon, so just shoot me now.
    don't you give that cocnut oil away !!!! use it on your skin, under your pits or after shaving !!!!! or bring it over when you come to stay - it can be payment for staying !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    How do you use it on your skin seaweed? Like a moisturiser or as a cleanser like Zoe?

    I'm having zit issues ATM. My beautician was like 'oh no you can't use that rubbish' about my Proactiv use, but I have zitty skin and it worked. She recommended that I try their brand of expensive zit cleanser (Murad) so I have been trying that. I'm about a month into using is and I've found that my skin is repulsive! I've got the hugest pimple on on chin that I've ever had, its been there for 5 days now and looks as bad as ever, and I've got lingering remnants of at least two other zits on my chin, and one on my nose. I know its not like I've got cystic acne or anything, but I'm far too old to be suffering with crappy skin. So I'm looking to change up my skin regime and I'm undecided if I want to restock with Proactiv cleanser for $50 (not including p&p of course).
    LL I have never cleaned makeup off my skin, or used cleanser, or toner or moisturizer or anything. If I clean with Dove soap, my face gets really dry, so I just wash my face with water when I am in the shower !!! I don't get zits (except a few weeks ago and I upped the zinc, pot and mag). You would think my skin would be terrible but its actually fine.....so my advice is ditch all that shit, drink heaps of water, and just use water and maybe a flannel????

    seaweed I bought me some ylang ylang.....how much do i add to the coconut oil ???
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •