Page 11 of 536 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 11

Lady in red is offline Junior Member
    So, if we don't do grains, how do you thicken sauces instead of flour and what do you put into the mince mixture to make meat balls instead of breadcrumbs?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I use LSA. Brilliant stuff !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    breadcrumbs are just filler in meatballs, we've never used them when we make any kind of ball, patty, etc.

for sauces. . . i don't make sauces. LOL

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I think LSA is too expensive to waste as a thickener in meatballs! I find they don't need it anyway, as long as there is an egg to bind them together.

Sauces, yes I have this difficulty too. I understand the solution is to cook them down until they have reduced and thickened by evaporation, but I haven't had much success yet, don't think I'm patient enough.

I have tried cornflour to thicken gravy, it is not primal but at least it's gluten free and it did work.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady in red View Post
    Don't do chocolate so figure I can drink more of the wine. Yes?
    Well, I don't do wine, does that mean I can have more chocolate?

I've always felt I'd rather eat my treats.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have used tapioca flour to thicken sauces, make cheese sauce with etc. you need to be careful as it can go rubbery if you overdo it so experiment.
    annieh you can have my chocolate if you would like =) i spent so long being a vege that i still will take the steak any day lol
    my clubbells are here btw! very exciting. i've just got back from whitebaiting so have been barbarian squatting in the living room in my wetsuit, vibrams and my hunting jacket still whilst running a hot bath. definitely another training method to have that feels like it is gonna be good.

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Can't remember what the sugar content of the Lindt 85% is, but I prefer the taste of G&B anyway. Find it smoother and without the bite. Different strokes
    The Lindt 85% is 19g carbohydrate, of which 14g are sugars. It's very similar to the G&B, although mostly without soya lecithin. The G&B, in my experience, has a bit of a smoother taste, and is easier to eat more of. Which is why I buy the Lindt
    Argue not with idiots, lest they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it is annoying that almost all the organic chocs have soy lecithin in them. it's something we all conveniently ignore ( myself included ), like the fact bacon usually has sugar in the curing process. i'm on a VLC thing at the moment so i need to convince myself i dont need chocolate, even if i could manage a few squares and still be there

NZBee is offline Junior Member
    I love either G&B or Lindt Choc, actually the mint flavoured lindt choc is my absolute favourite, closely followed by the lindt coconut flavoured one - I dare not read the ingredient list in case it has things I should not be having! Figured I have given up so much sugar laden stuff the chocolate can remain for awhile at least. As for wine, I love the sweet whites - riesling etc. I am just trying to have less of it, which I should be doing anyway with the new medication I'm on.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have used tapioca flour to thicken sauces, make cheese sauce with etc. you need to be careful as it can go rubbery if you overdo it so experiment.
    annieh you can have my chocolate if you would like =) i spent so long being a vege that i still will take the steak any day lol
    my clubbells are here btw! very exciting. i've just got back from whitebaiting so have been barbarian squatting in the living room in my wetsuit, vibrams and my hunting jacket still whilst running a hot bath. definitely another training method to have that feels like it is gonna be good.
    Seaweed, I looked up clubbells yesterday. They look awesome. I might just make myself one, however i do have a full on gym going on in my garage, so I should possibly make use of some of that stuff first !!!!!
    Bought DH chocolate yesterday. Best I could find was 85 %, but I got a selection of B and G, Lindt and whittakers. Added some nuts and dried fruit. Of course I couldn't help myself !!!!!!First chocolate and dried fruit that I have had in 5 months !!!!!
    Very yummy. Hopefully he will enjoy it and we can put some weigt back on him !!!!! whilst reducing mine !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....