Page 108 of 536 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 108

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    when in doubt, always wear black. altho it is a wedding lol
    My MIL wore black to our wedding.......

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I wore black to my daughters wedding. It was long, off the shoulder, lots of lace etc...... and long gloves - all the way up past my biceps. It was fine, and if anyone thought that it wasn't ....well its in the past. It possibly doesn't matter??? anything goes these days. In fact I was at a funeral the other day, and a guy was wearing jeans !!!! I suppose - at least he made the effort to go.....I just so don't know ???????
    I have a really colourful Anna Stretton, but I would have to hide my MF arms if I wore that ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    lol the MF arms! no one prob cares if you dont hide them gwamma. be bold. mine have ink all over them so i often have to hide the tops to be polite. what i used to do when i was in the office was to wear long sleeved black lace or just black body suits under all my short sleeved suits.

i would wear black jeans to a funeral. maybe not blue jeans but then maybe depending on who it was. and i love long gloves. i used to have a long fingerless leather pair which laced up the middle. i'd never have cause to wear them anymore but i still like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie512 View Post
    I'm a good weight but find maintenance really hard, the weight just creeps up every time a reach my goal weight on weight watchers.
    these buggars are really annoying !!!!

No these jeans were just denim blue, not nice black ones or good ones. Anyway who am I to judge !!!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Go with the annaS her clothes are always well cut and flattering.

I think jeans are just so wrong socially in lots of situations it doesn't matter what kind or how dressy they are. It's like the old rule of thumb that you should never wear jeans to a job interview. If its not ok at a job interview then I won't be wearing them out to night clubs or funerals or weddings or even work for that matter.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we don't bathe our son all that often. we go to the pool 1-3 times a week, so he gets rinsed with water and oiled up after, then. And then he might get another shower in during the week (play shower at home). And that's it really. DS doesn't care for oil baths, but has no skin conditions or any problems of that sort, so i don't do anything about it.

pretty much to curb bacterial growth, bathing every 3rd or 4th day is usually the right amount (this is according to my friend, a scientist who studies bacterial colonies on human skin). That's when people start to smell, so that's when you need to bathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Absolutely! I've long since realised that they'll never be happy with me (or anyone else married to DH - which is good to know) so there is nothing to be gained from trying to impress them. I do try not to pick fights and I usually steer away from things I know will cause comment from my MIL. The bottom line is that she is part of our lives, my husband is very close to her and I love the way she loves my kids, so I just put up with. Can't even complain to my husband because then he starts on about 'why do you hate my parents so much?' and gives me long lists of reasons why my own parents are not great IL's.
    I came to this conclusion several years ago as well, but my problem is that my ILs are not kind to my husband, and they cause him a great deal of pain and grief (on-going). I do not like the way that they treat my son (as if he "owes" them something), and as such, I like to be as far away from them as humanly possible.

I'm *so psyched* about christmas, right? (sarcasm, of course) They aren't that happy about coming, either, btw. It's very weird.

really depends upon the wedding. friends of ours had a 'country wedding' the groom wore denim, and everyone wore cowboy boots. went to another wedding where everyone was wearing flipflops (jandals?), jeans, and then nice jackets. It was nice, really.

but, if it's a formal do, then i would dress up.

though i think velvet jeans can be pretty dressy.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    pretty much to curb bacterial growth, bathing every 3rd or 4th day is usually the right amount (this is according to my friend, a scientist who studies bacterial colonies on human skin). That's when people start to smell, so that's when you need to bathe.
    now i have read, and i have never tried the theory, that if you dont wash for 6 weeks your body produces bateria that eat the odour.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...88636-9972.jpg

heres our wee goat - althou it might still be awaiting approval ?

...small steps....